Windows 10 deactivated by itself?

AdvancedKittyWarfer
Go to solution Solved by AdvancedKittyWarfer,
On 11/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, 0x1e said:

Did you buy an OEM key, linked to specific hardware?

Sorry, I'm fucking stupid... I forgot I bought a fucking OEM key... You can shoot me now.

SO.... Yeah I've heard about the October update... But I never updated as I built my pc yesterday and last time I used this drive with windows was in September. And today I noticed it deactiavted fully? My key ISN'T from any key seller on the internet ether? What the hell is going on? I've tried to actiavte it again but it just won't...

EDIT: is it because I changed cpu and mobo?

EDIT: even pressing that button didnt fix it as windows activation servers are now down? What the hell microsoft?

The CPU and Mobo is the cause most likely. Windows hates it when you change components, especially the motherboard.

it's time

Just now, RollTime said:

The CPU and Mobo is the cause most likely. Windows hates it when you change components, especially the motherboard.

Yeah and the servers seems to be down??? Microsoft should really get their shit togheter...

Linus made a whole video about the topic, it's kinda hit or miss, in his case he hardly recreated the issue, just call Microsoft up and tell them about your problem. An Indian Windows Certificate technician will help you out.

Just now, voiha said:

Linus made a whole video about the topic, it's kinda hit or miss, in his case he hardly recreated the issue, just call Microsoft up and tell them about your problem. An Indian Windows Certificate technician will help you out.

Yeah I remember that video but I totally forgot it when I bought my new cpu and mobo... Damn just because I went from some blue ass i7 6700 to a Red Beast 2700x

17 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

SO.... Yeah I've heard about the October update... But I never updated as I built my pc yesterday and last time I used this drive with windows was in September. And today I noticed it deactiavted fully? My key ISN'T from any key seller on the internet ether? What the hell is going on? I've tried to actiavte it again but it just won't...

EDIT: is it because I changed cpu and mobo?

EDIT: even pressing that button didnt fix it as windows activation servers are now down? What the hell microsoft?

What do you mean you haven't used the drive? Since you've changed your motherboard and CPU, I'd recommend installing all the drivers..  Also how did you get your Windows 10 License? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

23 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Yeah and the servers seems to be down??? Microsoft should really get their shit togheter...

We had that issue in an extreme hurry a few weeks back.  It was easier to just go find a windows 7 license key on a old dead PC in the recycling pile to put in win10 setup than it was to pay Microsoft.  The actual computer AND online store was down.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

19 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

What do you mean you haven't used the drive? Since you've changed your motherboard and CPU, I'd recommend installing all the drivers..  Also how did you get your Windows 10 License? 

I have all the drivers and I got my license key from a physical retailer in my country. I got into the window where you can reactiavte your windows key if you changed hardware but now it says it still cant??? No error and no reason why it cant?

If changing hardware I almost always do a fresh install. But also if you sign in to MS account, it should reactivate your license.... as long as you're still using same version, like 10 pro for example, rather than 10 home.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

I have all the drivers and I got my license key from a physical retailer in my country. I got into the window where you can reactiavte your windows key if you changed hardware but now it says it still cant??? No error and no reason why it cant?

It's not a race to the bottom.

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

If changing hardware I almost always do a fresh install. But also if you sign in to MS account, it should reactivate your license.... as long as you're still using same version, like 10 pro for example, rather than 10 home.

I did login into the same account but it still wont let me use the code. I only changed mobo and cpu..

2 hours ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

I did login into the same account but it still wont let me use the code. I only changed mobo and cpu..

Did you actually re-install? if not then that could be why your key has been deactivated as it's realized it's using different hardware.... just a theory though.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

On 11/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, 0x1e said:

Sorry, I'm fucking stupid... I forgot I bought a fucking OEM key... You can shoot me now.