Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AdvancedKittyWarfer

Windows 10 deactivated by itself?

On 11/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, 0x1e said:

Did you buy an OEM key, linked to specific hardware?

Sorry, I'm fucking stupid... I forgot I bought a fucking OEM key... You can shoot me now.

Posted · Original PosterOP

SO.... Yeah I've heard about the October update... But I never updated as I built my pc yesterday and last time I used this drive with windows was in September. And today I noticed it deactiavted fully? My key ISN'T from any key seller on the internet ether? What the hell is going on? I've tried to actiavte it again but it just won't...

EDIT: is it because I changed cpu and mobo?

EDIT: even pressing that button didnt fix it as windows activation servers are now down? What the hell microsoft?

The CPU and Mobo is the cause most likely. Windows hates it when you change components, especially the motherboard.

import shittyTechAdvice as RollTime

Just now, RollTime said:

The CPU and Mobo is the cause most likely. Windows hates it when you change components, especially the motherboard.

Yeah and the servers seems to be down??? Microsoft should really get their shit togheter...

Linus made a whole video about the topic, it's kinda hit or miss, in his case he hardly recreated the issue, just call Microsoft up and tell them about your problem. An Indian Windows Certificate technician will help you out.

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for GTX 1080ti)
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz                                                     RAM: HyperX Predator 8gb DDR4 3000mhz (Saving money for 8GB more)
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD: 3 * 1TB WD blue
Headphones: ASUS STRIX 2.0                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 110
CaseFans: 3 140mm
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus

hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

Just now, voiha said:

Linus made a whole video about the topic, it's kinda hit or miss, in his case he hardly recreated the issue, just call Microsoft up and tell them about your problem. An Indian Windows Certificate technician will help you out.

Yeah I remember that video but I totally forgot it when I bought my new cpu and mobo... Damn just because I went from some blue ass i7 6700 to a Red Beast 2700x

17 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

SO.... Yeah I've heard about the October update... But I never updated as I built my pc yesterday and last time I used this drive with windows was in September. And today I noticed it deactiavted fully? My key ISN'T from any key seller on the internet ether? What the hell is going on? I've tried to actiavte it again but it just won't...

EDIT: is it because I changed cpu and mobo?

EDIT: even pressing that button didnt fix it as windows activation servers are now down? What the hell microsoft?

What do you mean you haven't used the drive? Since you've changed your motherboard and CPU, I'd recommend installing all the drivers..  Also how did you get your Windows 10 License? 

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690 |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 20" Dell  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer | Neewer® NW-700 Microphone | Behringer PS400 Micropower Phantom Power Supply

Networking gear:  Dell OptiPlex 390 Domain Controller | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5505 VPN  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch

23 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Yeah and the servers seems to be down??? Microsoft should really get their shit togheter...

We had that issue in an extreme hurry a few weeks back.  It was easier to just go find a windows 7 license key on a old dead PC in the recycling pile to put in win10 setup than it was to pay Microsoft.  The actual computer AND online store was down.

19 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

What do you mean you haven't used the drive? Since you've changed your motherboard and CPU, I'd recommend installing all the drivers..  Also how did you get your Windows 10 License? 

I have all the drivers and I got my license key from a physical retailer in my country. I got into the window where you can reactiavte your windows key if you changed hardware but now it says it still cant??? No error and no reason why it cant?

If changing hardware I almost always do a fresh install. But also if you sign in to MS account, it should reactivate your license.... as long as you're still using same version, like 10 pro for example, rather than 10 home.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

PSU tier list

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/26ZrTH
  • AMD Ryzen 1700 w/ Wraith Spire cooler @3.75 1.269V - ASrock AB350M Pro 4  - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz RAM @3066Mhz  - Crucial M500 M.2 SSD 240GB - Zotac GTX 1050 mini - 2TB HDD - Thermaltake Core V21 -  EVGA Supernova P2 850W Platinum PSU - Pioneer BD writer in external USB 3.0 5.25 chassis.
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • Deadpool server -  i7 6700K - Cryorig C7 cooler - b250 mobo - fractal design node 804 - 3x4TiB Seagate Iron Wolfs - EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • WD mycloud 3TB
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet

2 hours ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

I have all the drivers and I got my license key from a physical retailer in my country. I got into the window where you can reactiavte your windows key if you changed hardware but now it says it still cant??? No error and no reason why it cant?

If you can, then you should.

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

If changing hardware I almost always do a fresh install. But also if you sign in to MS account, it should reactivate your license.... as long as you're still using same version, like 10 pro for example, rather than 10 home.

I did login into the same account but it still wont let me use the code. I only changed mobo and cpu..

2 hours ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

I did login into the same account but it still wont let me use the code. I only changed mobo and cpu..

Did you actually re-install? if not then that could be why your key has been deactivated as it's realized it's using different hardware.... just a theory though.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you, I may not see your post otherwise.

PSU tier list

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • AM4 1700 build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/26ZrTH
  • AMD Ryzen 1700 w/ Wraith Spire cooler @3.75 1.269V - ASrock AB350M Pro 4  - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz RAM @3066Mhz  - Crucial M500 M.2 SSD 240GB - Zotac GTX 1050 mini - 2TB HDD - Thermaltake Core V21 -  EVGA Supernova P2 850W Platinum PSU - Pioneer BD writer in external USB 3.0 5.25 chassis.
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • Deadpool server -  i7 6700K - Cryorig C7 cooler - b250 mobo - fractal design node 804 - 3x4TiB Seagate Iron Wolfs - EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • WD mycloud 3TB
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet

Posted · Original PosterOP · Best Answer
On 11/14/2018 at 6:51 PM, 0x1e said:

Sorry, I'm fucking stupid... I forgot I bought a fucking OEM key... You can shoot me now.