Best disk cloning software?

Hey, so I'm trying to move my OS (as well as everything else) in my 250 gig ssd to my new 1TB one I got on sale. Does anyone know any good free disk cloning software? I've tried Acronis and EaseUS, but they keep asking me to buy it. Besides, I'm a bit skeptical.

Just now, ActualCannibal said:

Hey, so I'm trying to move my OS (as well as everything else) in my 250 gig ssd to my new 1TB one I got on sale. Does anyone know any good free disk cloning software? I've tried Acronis and EaseUS, but they keep asking me to buy it. Besides, I'm a bit skeptical.

Free? Probably CloneZilla.

The best? Norton GHOST (not free)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

clonezilla will do what you need, you'll have an amazing time trying to fix up partitioning after the fact tho... (that's sarcasm right there.)

Best imo is Macrium Reflect. Is free. And I made lot of images using it (and restoring to bigger / smaller / different HDD/SSD drives).

If you want to be 100% sure that everything is ok, use Macrium Reflect rescue USB (created from Macrium Reflect) and boot from USB to made clone (or image/restore).

You may also using second computer. Always copy/clone system that is not in use. Even if system (with Volume Shadow Copy Service) allows it.

Another vote for Macrium Reflect Free. I've cloned drives even while still in use without any problems (other than the one time the source disk was corrupted).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Minitool shadowmaker. this a new backup software, you can make use of the 30 days trial period. 

Acronis True Image HD is often free from manufacturers. See if your drive manufacturer has it...what drives do you got in your system? All of them if you can because activation works if there’s even just one drive in the system as a storage device. Crucial, ADATA, Intel, and WD have true image HD available for download for free. There’s a few others that do too. Samsung has a cloning software of their own.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)