Buying my first REAL gaming build, what do you guys think of it for the price?

Kwuiz

So I’m looking into buying a used gaming build, I’ve talked to the guy selling it and a friend of mine actually knows him and is good friends with him and the guy is very trustworthy and upfront about it. Everything works and is in great condition, only a few months old and used a handful of times. He’s throwing in a mouse, keyboard, and a monitor plus the computer for $400 total, including gas money I’m giving him to meet me halfway. What do you guys think? Good or bad, and why?

EDIT: what do you guys think games like GTA 5, PUBG and Arma 3 will be able to handle with this setup?

Pictures of PC and specs:

Specs:https://ibb.co/nzc0y0

Side of machine: https://ibb.co/bAhprL

Front of machine: https://ibb.co/mxaOkf

Thanks for taking the time to read and or respond!

I'd say $400 is fair.  If you were to build that machine from used parts, it would probably come out about the same if you didn't have 4 months to wait for the bottom dollar deals.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

3 minutes ago, Kwuiz said:

Perfectly fine for 1080p 60hz gaming

The case might have bad airflow if it's all closed off, you can just take off the front panel to fix that though.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, zombienerd said:

I'd say $400 is fair.  If you were to build that machine from used parts, it would probably come out about the same if you didn't have 4 months to wait for the bottom dollar deals.

That’s what I was thinking, I was looking at the parts online and figured it’d be better to buy it used from this guy for the price he’s offering me. And then go over it myself and see what needs small care like air dusting, thermal paste, if anything at all. 

Yeah it seems like a fair deal. Should play 1080p fairly well, probably high settings on AAA titles.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Perfectly fine for 1080p 60hz gaming

The case might have bad airflow if it's all closed off, you can just take off the front panel to fix that though.

Thank you, didn’t really think about that. Now that you say it I might just buy a new case all around, how would I go about making sure my components would fit into a new case. Sorry for the amateur questions, still new to gaming desktops. Only had dumbed down “gaming” laptops. 

Just now, Kwuiz said:

Thank you, didn’t really think about that. Now that you say it I might just buy a new case all around, how would I go about making sure my components would fit into a new case. Sorry for the amateur questions, still new to gaming desktops. Only had dumbed down “gaming” laptops. 

It's an Ibuypower, nothing is proprietary.  Just buy any ATX case that fits your fancy, if you're worried about it.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

1 minute ago, Kwuiz said:

Any ATX case will support the stuff, also the PSU might be low end, check the brand when you get it, will be fine for basic use though.

Wouldn't worry about your case or PSU though, save your money for a Ryzen 3000 upgrade early next year, probably about $300 since you already have DDR4, for 6 core CPU/Motherboard/better power supply.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Any ATX case will support the stuff, also the PSU might be low end, check the brand when you get it, will be fine for basic use though.

Wouldn't worry about your case or PSU though, save your money for a Ryzen 3000 upgrade early next year, probably about $300 since you already have DDR4, for 6 core CPU/Motherboard/better power supply.

Sounds like a plan, I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thank you. I also updated the post with a picture of the front of the machine. 

Front picture: https://ibb.co/mxaOkf

Just now, Kwuiz said:

Sounds like a plan, I’ll definitely keep that in mind, thank you. I also updated the post with a picture of the front of the machine. 

Front picture: https://ibb.co/mxaOkf

It has mesh the airflow will be fine.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It has mesh the airflow will be fine.

Perfect, also, how often should I get inside the machine and clean it with an air can and replace the thermal paste. I’ve heard every 3-4 months for a cleaning and 8-12 months for thermal paste all depending on how hot the CPU is running? Not sure though since I’ve heard multiple different answers. I’m definitely going to clean it as soon as I get it but going to see how hot it’s running before i decide to lay any thermal paste. 

12 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

It's an Ibuypower

Watch the PSU, those IBP machines aren't known to ship with good units. They'll be fine for normal use, but be wary.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Kwuiz said:

Perfect, also, how often should I get inside the machine and clean it with an air can and replace the thermal paste. I’ve heard every 3-4 months for a cleaning and 8-12 months for thermal paste all depending on how hot the CPU is running? Not sure though since I’ve heard multiple different answers. I’m definitely going to clean it as soon as I get it but going to see how hot it’s running before i decide to lay any thermal paste.

For dust, I usually try to get in at least every 6 months.

Thermal paste is when I start having problems with heat.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Kwuiz said:

Whenever it gets dusty basically. Thermal Paste shouldn't need to be replaced for years.

Whenyou change out the PSU probably go for a Seasonic Focus Gold unit, should be solid for the money, prices are a bit high atm.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4xbz8K
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4xbz8K/by_merchant/

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.20 @ B&H)
Total: $78.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-17 21:58 EDT-0400

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Whenever it gets dusty basically. Thermal Paste shouldn't need to be replaced for years.

Whenyou change out the PSU probably go for a Seasonic Focus Gold unit, should be solid for the money, prices are a bit high atm.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4xbz8K
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4xbz8K/by_merchant/

Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.20 @ B&H)
Total: $78.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-17 21:58 EDT-0400

The TX550M is $43 after rebate. RM750x is $79 after rebate.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.