When we will have proper procedual universe games?

I mean with planets and so on, online with massive amounts of players etc. The best i've seen is the Dual Universe thing but that remains to be seen, also I dislike that is not proper FPS, the combat will be turn based or some shit.

Empyrion is cool but I think it's not actually procedual (no infinite planets as you go.. planets are limited)

Starmade is pretty cool but makes use of blocky Minecraft style, I would like it to be realistic

Everything must be destructible, procedual, etc, proper survival. I really hate blueprints, they kill all these games, people just spawn the shit they build offline into pvp servers, bunch of pussies.

Anyone let me know.

high quality procedural universes.. not too excessively long, give it a few more years.

having that also be MMO style... that aint gonna happen any time soon. procedurally generated minecraft is already taxing enough with a few players exploring around, cant imagine many thousands of people doing that in a much more complex environment, just the amount of data storage alone...

3 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

Starmade is pretty cool but makes use of blocky Minecraft style, I would like it to be realistic

Everything must be destructible, procedual, etc, proper survival.

If this needs to be persistent, then this presents two major issues:

• You need a lot of storage to store all of the data.
  • You need a lot of processing power to constantly generate the world and its new rules and boundaries

So basically it would relegate this to server farms.

There's also the issue of syncing up the clutter so to speak. This is a problem in Battlefield where the destructible environments were synced, but not the clutter. So if you logged in later, your vision wouldn't be blocked by clutter that might persist on someone else's machines (unless this was a graphical setting).

Procedural generated maps would be cool for match based games like PUBG, but not for something persistent yet.

3 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

I really hate blueprints, they kill all these games, people just spawn the shit they build offline into pvp servers, bunch of pussies.

That sounds more of a problem with the way the game rules were designed.