Resurrecting the trash PC

ethawesomee

Found a PC in the trash, it didnt boot but, after a trip to best buy I picked up some ram, thermal paste and a psu, I reapplied the thermal paste with some quality MX-4, put in the power supply and put in the ram.....AND It didn't boot.

gynobxe3s8o11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=cfd2c675586bbc476a95fa87b762709be56146d0

So them I tried with one stick AND IT BOOTED right into someone elses account. I reset the pc and then inserted the other stick of ram. So that's my success story.

SPECS:

i5 6400

MSI 950 2GD5 OCV2

ASROCK Z170 Extreme4

Samsung 950 Pro 512gb

Corsair H60 AIO

Thermaltake X31 RGB

EVGA 450W BR

some rando lg optical drive

AND RGBBBBBB

Also I am looking into selling this rig. What should I price it for?

vive1ywgtro11.jpg
yrxd5ywgtro11.jpg
du6006xgtro11.jpg
o9cf3ywgtro11.jpg
neknowwgtro11.jpg

Desktop: 2014 Mac Mini 2.6ghz i5 upgraded to Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb Phone: iPhone 6+ 64gb RGB: Some random strip I got at walmart for 4 bucks :P 

1 minute ago, ethawesomee said:

Also I am looking into selling this rig. What should I price it for?

Maybe $400

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Why am I never this lucky? "I found a gaming PC in the trash and took the few simple steps required to make it work, and basically made a few hundred bucks from the garbage"

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Also, this is the most awkward PC ever. A 6400 in a z170 board, and water-cooled? And no graphics card, but still RGB fan? Bizarre

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, RollTime said:

Did you wipe the SSD? Do that now if you haven't.

yea i have. Windows included!

Desktop: 2014 Mac Mini 2.6ghz i5 upgraded to Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb Phone: iPhone 6+ 64gb RGB: Some random strip I got at walmart for 4 bucks :P 

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Also, this is the most awkward PC ever. A 6400 in a z170 board, and water-cooled? And no graphics card, but still RGB fan? Bizarre

No I took the gpu out. Gtx 950 MSI

Just now, ethawesomee said:

No I took the gpu out. Gtx 950 MSI

Ah that makes more sense. CPU choice still does not though

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

I agree. Overclockable board with a locked cpu???? And why a watercooler when there are no overclocking abilities??? I think this is a prebuilt though, there is an iBuypower sticker in the back.