Where can I get Squadron 42? Or recommended games.

I just saw on my Youtube recommended list a trailer for a new game called Squadron 42. I can't seem to find it anywhere on Steam, GOG, Origin (yuck), and Uplay. I'm looking for a new game to play that either has a fantastic story or phenomenal gameplay. I am currently going through BoTW for my 100% run and only 80 seeds away from it so just looking for something else to play. I played almost every star wars game (except the new Battlefronts), all The Witcher games (even on Death March or equivalent), Doom 2016, God of War, Spiderman (Ps4, still a sucker for the 99 version though first ever game).

Anything will help, I am currently swallowing my sorrow and stress in games because my son is in the NICU and it is hard to see all of those cables running in and out of him.

3 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

Oh darn... Just learned that it is the same company doing Star Citizen... This game is never going to finish huh?

I *think* they have open sourced the code, as the original Star Citizen dev team went bust, but I stay well away from anything associated with kickfailure so I don't know all the details.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I *think* they have open sourced the code, as the original Star Citizen dev team went bust, but I stay well away from anything associated with kickfailure so I don't know all the details.

I had no idea that they went bust. So all of their projects are now just gone?

6 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

I had no idea that they went bust. So all of their projects are now just gone?

You are asking the wrong person, I don't follow this stuff, I'm certain it's all over Google however. And Facebook. And YouTube. And so on...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

22 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

I'm looking for a new game to play that either has a fantastic story or phenomenal gameplay.

Have you played through any of the Mass Effect games? Snagged Andromeda for $5.00 on eBay about a month ago. It's beautiful and has a pretty decent story to follow. Mass Effect 2 is an excellent game as well.

I am currently going through BoTW for my 100% run and only 80 seeds away from it so just looking for something else to play.

Horizon Zero Dawn or Skyrim could be what you're looking for, especially if you've never played either of them.

I played almost every star wars game (except the new Battlefronts)

The new Battlefronts are $5.00-$15.00 on eBay. May want to try Destiny, Destiny 2, Titanfall or Titanfall 2 as well. All are $5.00-$10.00 on eBay.

all The Witcher games

Practically any RPG will suffice for you here. Dragons Dogma, Dragon Age games, Dark Souls games, Lords of the Fallen,Two Worlds II, etc, etc.

Doom 2016

Hellbound Survival Mode(closest to Doom for FREE that is AWESOME), Quake Champions(FREE), Wolfenstein series, Rage, Prey(original or remake), Metro series, Left 4 Dead 2(dirt cheap), Crysis series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Killing Floor 2, No More Room In Hell(FREE).

20 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's not at all true. Star Citizen just got a version released. Their original engine Cry went bust, but they had modified it and have moved to a forked version.

8 minutes ago, Yesat said:

That's not at all true. Star Citizen just got a version released. Their original engine Cry went bust, but they had modified it and have moved to a forked version.

That's why I said I didn't follow this stuff and I may be wrong :)

On 10/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, A Random Dude said:

Have you played through any of the Mass Effect games? Snagged Andromeda for $5.00 on eBay about a month ago. It's beautiful and has a pretty decent story to follow. Mass Effect 2 is an excellent game as well.

Horizon Zero Dawn or Skyrim could be what you're looking for, especially if you've never played either of them.

The new Battlefronts are $5.00-$15.00 on eBay. May want to try Destiny, Destiny 2, Titanfall or Titanfall 2 as well. All are $5.00-$10.00 on eBay.

Practically any RPG will suffice for you here. Dragons Dogma, Dragon Age games, Dark Souls games, Lords of the Fallen,Two Worlds II, etc, etc.

Hellbound Survival Mode(closest to Doom for FREE that is AWESOME), Quake Champions(FREE), Wolfenstein series, Rage, Prey(original or remake), Metro series, Left 4 Dead 2(dirt cheap), Crysis series, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, Killing Floor 2, No More Room In Hell(FREE).

I will have to try out Lords of the Fallen and STALKER. Isn't the Titanfall games just multiplayer? I'm all about the story or adventure not so much multiplayer. Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, Dragon Age series, Destiny 1 & 2, Wolfenstein series (pre-reboot too), Rage, Prey(original and remake), Metro series, Left 4 Dead 2 and 1 (prefer 2), Crysis series (can't get the first to run on my PC which stinks), Mass Effect (except Andromeda couldn't get it to work on my PC), Dark Souls games have been played and beat (some several times). I have Quake Champions but I only play it with friends cause otherwise, randoms suck the joy out of it. 

58 minutes ago, Wwadsworth said:

Isn't the Titanfall games just multiplayer?

Definitely not. Just got Titanfall 2 for $4.50 on eBay and I played the campaign for about 30 minutes just the other night. It's surprisingly very good in my opinion. Atmospheric and colorful, similar to that of Mass Effect Andromedas beginning campaign.

1 hour ago, Wwadsworth said:

Crysis series (can't get the first to run on my PC which stinks), Mass Effect (except Andromeda couldn't get it to work on my PC)

What kept you from running these games exactly? Andromeda runs very well on my PC. Haven't tried to run Crysis 2 and 3 but Crysis 1 runs flawlessly on my PC.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:46 PM, A Random Dude said:

Definitely not. Just got Titanfall 2 for $4.50 on eBay and I played the campaign for about 30 minutes just the other night. It's surprisingly very good in my opinion. Atmospheric and colorful, similar to that of Mass Effect Andromedas beginning campaign.

What kept you from running these games exactly? Andromeda runs very well on my PC. Haven't tried to run Crysis 2 and 3 but Crysis 1 runs flawlessly on my PC.

I will definitely get the Titanfall games then. Crysis 2 and 3 runs just fine on my PC. Crysis one, on the other hand, gives me a black screen then exits. I spent probably 6+ hours trying to get it to work following a few threads on Steam and always the same result. I run a Windows 10 Pro environment 64 bit and the majority of the threads I read said it is the 64-bit environment causing it to not work.  Which makes me want to try and virtualize Windows XP just to play this game. I loved it, the open-world felt, at least from what I remember that is how it was, it's been about 9 years since I've played it. I had Andromeda briefly on PC for like 3 hours and the character creation screen always froze on me and with the brief troubleshoot just issued back for a return and haven't picked it up since. If it is better now I will get it. 

11 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

Crysis 2 and 3 runs just fine on my PC.

It's weird that we're discussing this and both of these games are now backwards compatible on Xbox One. I have the S version so I bet the upscaling to 4k looks phenomenal.

Crysis one, on the other hand, gives me a black screen then exits.

Have you Googled "Crysis black screen on startup"? There's a fix for that. It's definitely not the x64 causing the issue because I ran it flawlessly on my x64.

If it is better now I will get it.

It runs perfectly and looks amazing. I've only put in about 30 minutes though but that's because when I load up Origin, it's always to play Battlefield 1. I've hit about 40 hours yesterday and I've only had it a couple of weeks, if that. It was on its best sale for only $5.00 with all the DLC on Origin. Totally worth it and plays insanely better than on Xbox One. I cap my frames at 90 fps while the Xbox only plays at 30 fps. The difference is night and day and a hell of a lot better K/D because of that.

6 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

It's weird that we're discussing this and both of these games are now backwards compatible on Xbox One. I have the S version so I bet the upscaling to 4k looks phenomenal.

Have you Googled "Crysis black screen on startup"? There's a fix for that. It's definitely not the x64 causing the issue because I ran it flawlessly on my x64.

It runs perfectly and looks amazing. I've only put in about 30 minutes though but that's because when I load up Origin, it's always to play Battlefield 1. I've hit about 40 hours yesterday and I've only had it a couple of weeks, if that. It was on its best sale for only $5.00 with all the DLC on Origin. Totally worth it and plays insanely better than on Xbox One. I cap my frames at 90 fps while the Xbox only plays at 30 fps. The difference is night and day and a hell of a lot better K/D because of that.

I did do that research on Crysis one in Steam forum. Funny thing is it only happens on the steam edition on my PC. I decided to sign-up for EA access just because for $5 a month I get Titanfall 1 and 2, ME Andromeda, Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 1, and Aragami. Just for kicks and giggles, I installed Crysis and it works. Though I am going to be sinking my time into Titanfall first. I'm an odd person that doesn't play multiplayer often enough for me to enjoy it and just signing up for EA access for $5 seemed worth it to me. There are very few titles that earn my respect enough for me to go back and play it over again or sink more than 20 hours into. 

7 hours ago, Wwadsworth said:

Funny thing is it only happens on the steam edition on my PC.

That was it, that was the culprit. The version I played on my PC was not the Steam edition.

I get Titanfall 1 and 2, ME Andromeda, Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 1, and Aragami.

Not bad for $5.00. Sucks you can't keep the games but renting them for $5.00 for 30 days is not a bad deal at all. I like all those games. Aragami is highly underrated.

There are very few titles that earn my respect enough for me to go back and play it over again or sink more than 20 hours into.

Same here. The few that do though, it's still tough to keep my attention past 40 hours or so.

3 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

That was it, that was the culprit. The version I played on my PC was not the Steam edition.

Not bad for $5.00. Sucks you can't keep the games but renting them for $5.00 for 30 days is not a bad deal at all. I like all those games. Aragami is highly underrated.

Same here. The few that do though, it's still tough to keep my attention past 40 hours or so.

I am loving Titanfall, the first one was pretty brief and just sampling of multiplayer. No big deal, but the store in 2 is phenomenal. Just started Aragami too, I love the art design in it.