Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrchow19910319

Which movies brought you to tears?

On 10/10/2018 at 8:41 PM, Volbet said:

But my allergies always act up when I watch Watership Down.

Imagine the fun of watching that at 10 :P I don't generally cry for movies, but that doesn't mean I don't get upset at times...

the movie that got me the closest to crying (childhood excluded) is probably "A bridge for Therabitia", not because it's more sad than others but because you don't expect... it (no spoilers I guess?).

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

None so far, but the original "Oldboy" from 2003 nearly did it.

"Lemon Grenade" (main PC) : Motherboard: Biostar Racing X470GT8 CPU: Ryzen 7 1700  ▏CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 ▏GPU: Zotac AMP! Edition GTX 1070Ti 8gb ▏RAM: 2x 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws V 8gb @2666mhz ▏Chassis: Cooler Master Cosmos SE ▏PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower Grand Gold 650W ▏Storage: Intel 760p 256gb NVME M.2 SSD + Inland 480GB SATA SSD + 2x Toshiba P300 2TB HDD ▏OS: Windows 10 Pro 

Peripherals: Mice: Elecom HUGE Trackball wireless, Corsair M65 Pro white (PWM3360) ▏Keyboard: Tesoro Durandal G1N (Cherry Reds)  Monitor: Viewsonic VX2776-smhd ▏AMP: Onkyo Integra A-817XD ▏DAC: Topping D10 ▏Speakers: Polk Audio TSi100 ▏Mike: Superlux E205U Headphones: JVC Ésnsy HA-SR85S (black) and Creative Aurvana Live! 2 ▏Network hardware: TP-Link Archer C9 v.4 main router (with DD-WRT) + D-Link DIR-868L in AP mode (also with DD-WRT)

A/V setup (the "narrow theater"): TV: Samsung MU6100 55' 4k ▏ Receiver: Denon AVR-X2400H ▏ Speakers: Monitor Audio Bronze 6, Bronze Centre, Bronze FX, AAT Cube Rakt 12' subwoofer  ▏ Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb ▏ Laserdisc/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 (north-american version)

2 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Marvel Movies would like to have a word ....

Haven't you heard? When something goes mainstream it's automatically trash!

/s

<Make me a sandwich.> <No! Make it yourself!> <Sudo make me a sandwich.> <FINE.> What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D  CoC F.A.Q Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

It's not a movie but last night's episode of Seal Team had me teared up for much of the hour.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

If i'm allowed to use TV Series then this:

This hit me so damn hard as i'm a self confessed anti-war person. His bottled anger and frustration comes out in spades

Also this:

I'm not an art fan, and Van Gogh's work doesn't really move me but as someone who is a guitarist and a dancer it hit me to, every artist (Whether that be painter, director etc.) wants only one thing; recognition

1 hour ago, Tcrumpen said:

That is the first Dr. Who episode that I have ever watched and it got me hooked. 

If we are going to derail this thread and talk about Doctor Who, then the episodes that gave me the most feels are the "The Day of the Doctor" episodes, especially the part when he meets the curator:

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s
5 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

You sound like Chandler

"Yeah it was so sad when the guy stopped drawing the deer!"

Just emotionally/socially autistic/high functioning/Asperger's Syndrome.  To me, a movie is a movie.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Blood Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 5TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

Just now, Tcrumpen said:

That sounds like BBC's Sherlock

Well, my brain doesn't process things like a normal person's.  It's a developmental disorder I was born with.  If something interests me I do well at it, but I'm incapable of understanding emotions and social cues like a normal person.  So, some form of arts won't get me emotional like it would you or others.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Blood Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 5TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones:  AKG K7XX Massdrop Editions | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: Mackie MR624 Studio Monitors

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, my brain doesn't process things like a normal person's.  It's a developmental disorder I was born with.  If something interests me I do well at it, but I'm incapable of understanding emotions and social cues like a normal person.  So, some form of arts won't get me emotional like it would you or others.

Yeah that sounds like autism, my brother had it; but not as severe as you claim to have

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

That is the first Dr. Who episode that I have ever watched and it got me hooked. 

If we are going to derail this thread and talk about Doctor Who

Wanna talk Doctor Who?

Basically every episode when a companion leaves.

14 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Wanna talk Doctor Who?

Basically every episode when a companion leaves.

I don't like the new one at all. Seems like I had much higher expectations for quality. I'll need to get used to it, but not a fan so far :(

I like the guy from the Chase in it though, he always is a good chat. 

To add to the topic = I hardly cry at all, but I get moved in nostalgic movies like Harry Potter. 

MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touché Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coupé

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

17 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Like Sheldon??? Is it curable???

My real signature is just my name written out in cursive(ahem!!) with two dots of ink at the end..... so, what did you expect from my digital one???

1 minute ago, Tarun10 said:

Like Sheldon??? Is it curable???

If you mean the Big Bang Theory I doubt he has it.  That show doesn't get a lot of things right.  And, no you can't cure autism it is a developmental disorder via the brain.

VashTheStampede 4.0:

The last film to bring tears to my eyes was Schindler's List

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

Ok I'll put a plug for it here but parts of Steins;Gate are pretty freakin sad even though the "True Ending" is actually happy.

Just your everyday Anime Weeb Time Traveling Mad Scientist Collector

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU:  Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | RAM:  32GB G Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 | PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ 80+Gold | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5| Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15 |Case:  NZXT Noctis 450 (White) | Storage: 512GB Samsung SSD + 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM|

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I don't like the new one at all. Seems like I had much higher expectations for quality. I'll need to get used to it, but not a fan so far :(

I like the guy from the Chase in it though, he always is a good chat. 

To add to the topic = I hardly cry at all, but I get moved in nostalgic movies like Harry Potter. 

I haven't been able to watch any of the new season, feelsbadman.

Personally, I think it went downhill after Clara left.

Harry Potter is one of the ones I completely forgot about, Dobby always did it for me..

recently...? dunkirk, one of the best war movie out there, reserved, but heavy. still give it to darkest hour, even tho its not the moving kind.

earlier, the imitation game is good one too.

why everybody post their rig's spec here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1. Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (the ending)
  2. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (when Han dies)

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia (Planned) 

CPU: i3-8100 | Motherboard: Gigabyte - B360 HD3 | Memory: .Skill - NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) | Storage: Kingston A400 120GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | Case: Rosewill - Galaxy-02 ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: EVGA - BQ 500W 80+ Bronze