TV/Monitor Setup

NeoMike

So I searched the forums and google and am still stuck so I am asking for a bit of advise.

I need to setup up multiple monitors (around 10) through out a warehouse, roughly a million square feet, to display different web pages/reports on the TV/Monitors. I'm looking at the most cost effective (cheapest) way to do this. 

I thought about HDMI over Cat5-7 or TV's with web browser capabilities, I'm not sure how these would work through IDF's switches/routers. 

Any thoughts? Thank you and any advise is appreciated. 

cheapest i can think of is bnc/composite security camera equipment , can travel long distances and has been around forever

The media changers only change the media...not the signal.  You don't magically get IP routing capabilities.  So, you could do the HDMI splitter(s) and then run it over Ethernet cabling, but without switches...so you're limited to whatever the media changers are capable of (amplified or not).  Honestly I'm not sure if that signal would be interfered with if you ran it through a signal amplifier.

Considering the size you probably need some type of IP-capable solution.  Something like this is what we use at work and what they use in stores:

https://www.provideoinstruments.com/HDMI-Over-IP-Matrix_c_27.html

Thanks, I didn't think it would be easy, but was hoping there would be an easy way.

I appreciate the responses.

I’d go with a similar solution to what Piney said. To be fiscally responsible that’s probably the best way. You’d run into having to use HDMI balun systems and those are pricy and meant really for a single source or if you just have a crap ton of money and have an entire room dedicated to media and have “f-it” money. 

What you need to do is go and accurately plan out what you need where screen wise, what you need on each of them (i.e. are any duplicated or is it all individual) and how each piece of content is going to be produced (web form/ output from a specific device/ camera/ etc...). You then need to work out the most suitable cable routes, so you know exactly how far you need to send any signal. At that point we can suggest exactly what you could use in each instance.

If this is for a proper industrial warehouse you want to stay well away from anything consumer.

The cheapest method is probably to have everything as internal websites, as you're presumably going to have network at various locations around the warehouse you can simply use a built in browser or attach a cheap NUC or similar to each TV.

If you need to be using outputs from devices then you want to be using HDBaseT systems or converting to SDI and distributing over SDI with conversion back at the TV. These typically have maximum run lengths of ~100m, and can be expensive (£X00 per end), so reducing the use of these should be a priority.