You Thought You Didn't Need This… - Caavo Control Center Showcase

CPotter

Thanks for Caavo for sponsoring the video, check out the Caavo Control Center at http://geni.us/12LFn

The Caavo Control Center gives you one universal voice remote to browse and search across all your Live TV and streaming services, from Netflix to Prime, Apple TV to Roku!

I fail to see what exactly this device is useful for if it can't p***te things for me.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Still seems pretty pointless.

The idea of solving the problem of spending half your time finding something to watch, something I'm guilty of, by having blog posts or curated lists suggesting what movies you should watch isn't going to work. People are just going to end up spending even more time reading those recommendations for movies before deciding.

It requires an extra $2/month subscription on top of the purchase of the remote and box? I'm not really sure why they require a monthly subscription considering they're not delivering any of the content to you. Can't they just offset any service cost by selling the users tv viewing habits to marketing companies and TV show creators? 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I would love this as someone who has a very large Plex library (3000+ movies), Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, YouTube Red, and Cable. It can be a pain if I want to watch a movie but don't know what service it is on I end up logging into one and searching then the next again and again until I can find it.

I know very few people have so many services but as someone who does this would be very valuable.

Typically, two uploads a day means a trade show happened.
However no trade show happened recently.

So what's the deal with these double uploads recently.

No hate to double uploads.

Just very curious.

if i wanted multiple services within one device, i would just use the apps separately

sure i would have to look though every one of them to find the show/movie i want to watch. but fuck that because i don't want to

a. don't want to pay $100 upfront

and

b. pay $2 monthly for the convenience...

because services like https://reelgood.com/ do this for free and also have

A SHIT LOAD MORE SERVICES FOR THE USER!

I'M NOT JOKING, THERE ARE AT LEAST 60 SERVICES SUPPORTED: https://reelgood.com/canonicals

it's IOS and web only and plex isn't supported as well but it's better then spending $100 on a US only device, and pay $2 monthly to continue using it...

probably the worst showcase you guys have ever done...

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

That's my problem. We just switched from an expensive cable bill to a very cheap Netflix, Hulu, and PLEX (broadcast). So our bill is only $20 a month where it use to be just under $100 a month for TV services. Now I got to add more money, to make switching TV easier. Yes, this would help my family understand where the TV shows are, between the Netflix, Hulu, and PLEX services, but our goal of setting up PLEX was to cut the bill and we eventually want to get rid of the other services. So I doubt I will be adding this any time soon, even though I see the benefits. 

The $2 a month is interesting.  Charge 140 for the device and cut the monthly fee.  I can't see someone using this past two years away. Tech is always changing.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

really useful.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Agree... I don't understand the $2.00 a month?   I could see my wife using the voice commands to watch shows.. I personally don't have a problem or hard time

finding what I want to watch.. but what subscriber of LTT would?    This seems to be more a "GIFT" for parents / grandparents  I guess??? 

Are we really back to the showcases shit again? I thought y'all said you were over that

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

7 hours ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

because services like https://reelgood.com/ do this for free

you still have to pay $200/mo or whatever for each of these services though

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

3 hours ago, aezakmi said:

you still have to pay $200/mo or whatever for each of these services though

netflix ain't free, this service is though....

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

I use my xbox one - it does everything ... I also have ps4 pro , it does it too! Why should you promote such a device? Oh wait , sponsor of the video is this amazingly useless Caavo box :)

Don't really get the point of subscribing to one, let alone more than two, of these services. I stopped watching TV (and going to the movies) 15 years ago because nothing on there was worth my time. But I guess there are people out there happy with the selection. Not sure why they put up with all the content being scattered around different platforms, though.

So umm...do they make one with 10 or 15 HDMI inputs? Asking for a friend...

Seriously though, it'd be cool if they did Plex or Emby support as well, if they don't already.

I didn't think I needed this. I was right.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

$2 a month..... ok..... so.......hmmm...... useful..... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:56 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks for Caavo for sponsoring the video, check out the Caavo Control Center at http://geni.us/12LFn

The Caavo Control Center gives you one universal voice remote to browse and search across all your Live TV and streaming services, from Netflix to Prime, Apple TV to Roku!

Thanks for pointing this device out to me , why? , because I thought it might enhance my Home cinema setup so I bit the bullet and bought it and got it shipped to Ireland.

I attached 4 devices , Samsung 8500 UHD player, Roku,Amazon cube , Nvidia Shield .

I had all my devices hooked up via a Control4 universal remote but it had the drawback of not having blutooth remote and so I had to use the remotes for the blutooth devices.

after the setup I am down to just three remotes , my Control4, sky and the Caavo remote with the voice search ,works great and gives you the choice of “ STREAMING”,”PLEX” or web search.

Alexa intregration is useless but they may fix this in the future.

Downside is not enough connections but I can live with that....