LG V20 says no update available when there is

Get Booda

I have an AT&T H910 that is on android 7.0 security patch January 1. An android oreo update has been put out for it, and it is on an activated AT&T sim card. When you go to do an OTA update, it says it is on the latest version, but it isn't. When I try to use the LG software on PC it says it cannot update. Any idea why?

It is fairly common for manufacturers and Providers to roll out updates in waves. Most likely suggestion I can make is that your device is not elligeble yet since your wave is not here yet. 

AT&T apparently is doing a waved rollout for this device. If you wish to be sure you could always consider contacting your provider.

Just now, mathizel said:

It is fairly common for manufacturers and Providers to roll out updates in waves. Most likely suggestion I can make is that your device is not elligeble yet since your wave is not here yet. 

AT&T apparently is doing a waved rollout for this device. If you wish to be sure you could always consider contacting your provider.

It's been out for over a month and I'm also at least 3 security updates out of date

Just now, Darkseth said:

Not unusual for a 2 year old phone kinda (especially from a carrier).

but there is an update avalible, and it was released only about a month ago, and it wont even check for it properly

5 minutes ago, Get Booda said:

but there is an update avalible, and it was released only about a month ago, and it wont even check for it properly

yes and that update is not available yet for your specific model.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150261717551-software-version-update

here's a list of updates that are available for your device.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

As @syn2112 and @mathizel have already tried to explain to you, your carrier has to process the update before you get it.

Honestly, with a phone this old, you may or may not get it; it's not guaranteed.

You can look online to see if there's a way to flash the phone with it anyway. It won't be OTA and will require more work.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, Get Booda said:

Let me explain it to you better. Google releases a new version of Android. Samsung, LG, HTC, etc, customize their versions of Android so you have to wait for them to update on their end. Then it gets pushed to your carrier, who generally adds crapware to devices. Now your waiting on AT&T's slow ass to get their ducks in a row. Its up to AT&T now, good luck. With older devices many companies decide its not worth putting the effort in. Hell Im surprised about how many Updates One Plus has dont to the 3T. If you want the ability to install updates yourself on your time, I suggest picking up an iPhone, Apple doesnt allow carriers to push updates to their device, Apple controls that process. Google however does not so thats one of the disadvantages of not owning a "Google" device such as a Pixel. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 9/29/2018 at 4:39 PM, syn2112 said:

yes and that update is not available yet for your specific model.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150261717551-software-version-update

here's a list of updates that are available for your device.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:11 PM, dizmo said:

On 9/29/2018 at 6:49 PM, Donut417 said:

There is most certainly an update for the At&t V20 model H910. Even if it is not android oreo (which there certainly is one for this specific phone). Capture9.PNG.2ce52b7cb285b6b5f8208e58a097a12e.PNG

This is a screencap from the link syn2112 sent. I am still on software version h91010t. It used to recognize h91010u as an OTA update, but every time i would go to install it it would fail. Now after being factory reset, with a valid at&t sim it will not OTA update, and the LG flash tool will also fail to initialize the update. This is not my main phone anymore so I'm not too upset that it just wont work, but I really cannot figure out why. 

On 10/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, Get Booda said:

There is most certainly an update for the At&t V20 model H910. Even if it is not android oreo (which there certainly is one for this specific phone). Capture9.PNG.2ce52b7cb285b6b5f8208e58a097a12e.PNG

This is a screencap from the link syn2112 sent. I am still on software version h91010t. It used to recognize h91010u as an OTA update, but every time i would go to install it it would fail. Now after being factory reset, with a valid at&t sim it will not OTA update, and the LG flash tool will also fail to initialize the update. This is not my main phone anymore so I'm not too upset that it just wont work, but I really cannot figure out why. 

*shrug*

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red