What is best PSU for 61,23 euros ?

Spaiden

seasonnic focus 80+ gold semi mod 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

7 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

seasonnic focus 80+ gold semi mod 

forgot my gtx 970 so will be 450 w enough and want to upgrade elater to a at least a gtx 170 ti

9 minutes ago, Spaiden said:

forgot my gtx 970 so will be 450 w enough and want to upgrade elater to a at least a gtx 170 ti

depends on the rest of the system and if you are planning to overclock

Just now, Alexzz_ said:

depends on the rest of the system and if you are planning to overclock

i want to overclock everything 

Where are you from? Do you mind buying outside of your coutry? Have any preference in brands?

₵₱Ʉ     ł5 8600₭

mσthєrвσαrd     αsrσck z370 kíllєr slí/αc

???     ??????? ????????? ??? ???? ?????? ???    

???? ??????? ??? ???? ?? ?????? ???

????     ???????? ??????? ?????

???????  ?? ????? ??? ??? ??? ?.? ?????? ????????? ???

PSU     Rosewill CAPSTONE 550M

D҉i҉s҉p҉l҉a҉y҉(s҉)     B҉e҉n҉Q҉ V҉A҉ L҉E҉D҉ E҉y҉e҉-c҉a҉r҉e҉ M҉o҉n҉i҉t҉o҉r҉ 2҉2҉ I҉n҉c҉h҉

ᶜᴼᴼᴸᴵᴺᴳ     ᶜᴼᴼᴸᴱᴿ ᴹᴬˢᵀᴱᴿ ᴹᴬˢᵀᴱᴿᴸᴵᵟᵁᴵᴰ ᴸᴵᵀᴱ 120 ᴬᴵᴼ

κεψß⊕αrd     gεηεrïς uηηαmεd ςhεrrψ mx ßレuε ƒακε mεςhαηïςαレ κεψß⊕αrd

MƠƲƧЄ     ƦƛȤЄƦ ƇӇƦƠMƛ ƊЄƛƬӇƛƊƊЄƦ ЄԼƖƬЄ 2017

ѕoυɴd     eѕтoɴe вeѕт coмpυтer ɢαмιɴɢ нeαdѕeт нeαdвαɴd wιтн мιcropнoɴe мιc хιвerια v10 нeαvy вαѕѕ ѕтereo ɢαмe нeαdpнoɴe wιтн lιɢнт ғor pc ɢαмer

ФPΞЯДΓIИG SУSΓΞM     ЩIИDФЩS 10 БЯФ

4 minutes ago, Yous3f_M said:

Altho add 10 bucks for Europe customers.
He doesnt want to pay with Euro's for no reason. ;-)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, Spaiden said:

I want to buy an ryzen 5 2600 with an ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard and Patriot - Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory but i need a new PSU wich is the best for 61,23

be quiet Pure Power 10 or, for a bit more, Bitfenix Formula 450W.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Yous3f_M said:

That is utter garbage.

Why recommend such shit when he can have way better units for only a bit more??

7 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

Remember he has a 62 euro cap

Yes, I did. That is why I recommended the Pure Power 10 (400W and up though), because that's 50€...

And have you seen the de in the Link? Certainly not...

So that could let someone assume that he might either live in Germany or order from there.

Here are some reputable brand,

Brand is irrelevant as almost every brand has shit in their lineup. Especially Thermaltake and EVGA.

Oh gawd, why do you recommend such garbage?!

The Corsair is somewhat OKish, the rest is utter shit. 

The bare minimum for a recommendation is working protection on all rails and DC-DC/independant voltage regulation. While there are a couple of them, only one of those have DC-DC and thus the rest is garbage that must not be recommended!

well... you have to work with what you have man. 

The Corsair is fine, the rest are options (there is a reason why the rest are cheaper)

Brand is not completely irrelevant. A generic psu will wreak havoc on your system and a not generic but mediocre one will have more chances to fail.

In full honesty i would never put a cap on the PSU. Graphics card-Display and PSU are the first things i look.

But if he's got only 61 left.. it is what it is.

Didn't catch the .de thing. My bad, where was it?

btw, be quiet! Pure Power 10... nice psu, but the 500w one is out of this budget and i don't think 400w will be enough for his rig

Do you agree that the Corsair CX550M would be a good choice, with his 61 eu cap? (only 7-8 euros stretch)

Those Thermaltake and EVGA units are poor recommendations, there are better options in Amazon Spain like Be Quiet System Power 9 500W for 58€, Masterwatt 550 for 55€, or non-modular CX550 for 64€. On the more expensive side, you have units like Seasonic Focus 450 for 78€, Bitfenix Whisper 450 for 80€ or Corsair TX550M for 80€. The CX550M wouldn't be as terrible as the other units, they simply have no sense in my opinion.

Anyway, it seems that the OP is from Germany. If this is correct, I think Stefan will be able to give the best recommendation as a local.

11 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

well... you have to work with what you have man. 

You don't have to recommend PSU that might kill the components he is using because voltage will go out of spec.

And there are other alternatives as well. Xilence Performance A+, be quiet System Power 9.

The Corsair is fine, the rest are options (there is a reason why the rest are cheaper)

Brand is not completely irrelevant. A generic psu will wreak havoc on your system and a not generic but mediocre one will have more chances to fail.

Brand is completely irrelevant as all have access to the same components. There is no magic sauce!

And thus all a "Brand" needs is someone who knows what he's doing and what is important for PSU. 

So what counts is the will to make good PSU and work hard towards it and a good manufacturer that does what you want them to do.

And everyone has the same oppurtunity as all are (more or less) open to all.

And those PSU you recommended are mostly those "generic PSU" you are talking about that might (or might not) wreck havoc.

So there is really nothing "a Brand" adds to the table. At most its about the Warranty, but not about the quality of the unit!

And there are also some cheapish brands - like Xilence - that are making quite nice units for a really good price.

The Performance A+ and X are really neat units.

In full honesty i would never put a cap on the PSU. Graphics card-Display and PSU are the first things i look.

But if he's got only 61 left.. it is what it is.

Then you tell him that there is nothing you can do, simple as that.

You do not have to do something you don't believe in. When you believe that there are no good PSU in that price range, you tell that. 

Didn't catch the .de thing. My bad, where was it?

The Links in the first posting. Wich means he has way more options than you thought of.

As Germany is one of the cheapest Countrys for PSU and other stuff.

btw, be quiet! Pure Power 10... nice psu, but the 500w one is out of this budget and i don't think 400w will be enough for his rig

It is not, 57€ is inside his budget.

https://geizhals.de/be-quiet-pure-power-10-500w-atx-2-4-bn273-a1564538.html

Bitfenix FOrmula 450W is only 4€ or so more than the budget at 64,84€

https://geizhals.de/bitfenix-formula-gold-450w-atx-2-4-bf450g-bp-fm450ulag-9r-a1720222.html#offerlist

And you must not think, you must know.

Man... you're ranting against PSU manufacturers? 
I mean, i agree with you on that one, but the market is what it is...
Normally, reputable brands have a reputation to keep so their products will often be better.
And, as long as the 80+ bronze rating is real and the wattage advertised is the medium one and not the peak one... everything should be fine

I have a thermaltake 850w 80+ bronze and it's been running nice and dandy for over 4 years now.

Don't get mad about it. Seriously, i don't get where your anger comes from

And if you had the link to the 500w be quiet! psu at a price that he could afford... why didn't you just post it and be done with it?

Normally, reputable brands have a reputation to keep so their products will often be better.

Yeah, like the Seasonic S12II-Bronze - on the Market since 2010, no OCP on +5V and 3,3V, no UVP on +12V. Fan spins up to 2000rpm at around 400W Load. Only a simple CLC Filter like back in the day, lied on the Label of first revisions (stated two rails, when there was none).

Need proof? Here:
https://www.computerbase.de/2017-07/cooler-master-cougar-xfx-zalman-netzteil-test/3/#abschnitt_schutzschaltungen

The XFX XT500 (zweite Revision) is the Seasonic S12II-Bronze variant. Another version died on Hardwareinsights and here you see the wrong label:

https://ru.gecid.com/power/seasonic_m12ii-520_bronze_evo_edition_ss-520gm2_2015/?s=all

Or EVGA with the Exploding B3 (when overloaded) (though otherwise they are OK). 

Sorry, but that's just bullshit and you just believe in Brands, wich is not based on facts.

While there are some "quality oriented Manufacturers", that is not the Norm, as you can see with some manufacturers. And the cheap shit is just that: cheap shit. Wich is why I always look at individual models of a company, not if they have a couple of decent units (electrically) but the rest is shit (compared to the competition), like EVGA.

And a Cougar VTX450 is better than a 500W Seasonic S12II-Bronze version in every way possible, electrical performance, protection, fan noise...

Cougar has some pretty nice units and its a 1st brand Label like Seasonic, FSP, as it is owned by HEC/Compucase wich make most of their PSU, with the exception of the GX-S series.

And, as long as the 80+ bronze rating is real and the wattage advertised is the medium one and not the peak one... everything should be fine

ugh...

SRYSLY?!

Pls stop making comments such as this. 80plus is not a sign of quality, it is only about efficiency (and somewhat truthful wattage rating), but that doesn't make it worth considering, as there is still garbage with 80plus logo. And some are even faked as well!!

80plus doesn't test protection, they don't test Ripple + Noise, they don't test crossload behavior they test it according to the Label. And there were some manufacturers seen cheating. For example lowering the current on minor rails for the unit they sent in to 80plus, shortening the cables to like 100mm.

And some even changed the insides of the PSU as well. So no, even an 80plus Bronze unit can kill your computer with crappy voltages.

I have a thermaltake 850w 80+ bronze and it's been running nice and dandy for over 4 years now.

Yes and for the same amount of money, you could have gotten a way better400-550W PSU like a bitfenix Formula, Whisper M, be quiet Straight Power, hell even the Dark Power isn't far away from that.

I get angry when people recommend stuff that might cause Problems for the people with the question, especially if it might even damage their component, when there is absolutely no reason to recommend such garbage like you did. 

If he gets one of the ones you recommended (except the Corsair), it will hurt the life of the components, they will die sooner and it also might cause him Problems because of the dependant Voltage Regulation. 

There is a reason why those units aren't tested by anyone!

And if you had the link to the 500w be quiet! psu at a price that he could afford... why didn't you just post it and be done with it?

Why didn't you modify your posting and remove the Links to the group regulated garbage you recommended and be done with it yourself???

Instead you are trying to justify your recommendation...

You don't seem to realize that the voltage of +5V and +12V is dependant on each other, when there is heavy load on +12V but not +5V, the +12V rail might drop under the specified 11,4V and the +5V might rise over the specified +5,25V. Or the opposite in idle conditions when there isn't much load on +12V, the +12V rail might rise over the specified 12,6V..

load changes on either rail influence the other heavily. That is NOT something that is to be desired and must not be recommended for modern components!!!

Especially since we are talking about higher end components! Did you see that we are talking about a Ryzen 2600 with a GTX970 right now and a bit later a 1070ti??? You are recommending a group regulated unit for a higher end gaming PC that will cause Problems later on, if not immediately!

YOU were recommending Group Regulated PSU for a Ryzen 2600 system with a GTX1070ti.

And that is a very bad idea because of the transients caused by that graphics card, the lack of capacitance of the cheap EVGA and Thermaltake units, it will reduce the life of components with such a PSU.

That is why I'm not happy with such shit, because it will cause damage for the user in the long term!

Here is the issue with these sorts of forums...

Some people research for 2 minutes, and believe they know the topic inside out. So they go to make stupid recommendations, and ignore those trying to help...

You obviously have no idea how a power supply works... Why bother recommending something you don't understand? When you know there are others whom have years-worth of knowledge on power supply that can comment.

PSUs 101: A Detailed Look Into Power Supplies

Personally I like to stay clear of unbranded/ low-names in power supplies, as they are more likely to use fake ratings/labels or bait-and-switch.

Read professional reviews.

16 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Here is the issue with these sorts of forums...

Some people research for 2 minutes, and believe they know the topic inside out. So they go to make stupid recommendations, and ignore those trying to help...

You obviously have no idea how a power supply works... Why bother recommending something you don't understand? When you know there are others whom have years-worth of knowledge on power supply that can comment.

PSUs 101: A Detailed Look Into Power Supplies

Personally I like to stay clear of unbranded/ low-names in power supplies, as they are more likely to use fake ratings/labels or bait-and-switch.

Read professional reviews.

yeah..... staying clear of unbranded/low-names is precisely what i do, (and sugested here) in day to day basis.

As i said before, when i make a gaming rig, first thing Graphics card, second PSU. Spare no mony on it.
If i have a limitation on the cash that i can use i search what is out there with the cash limits and check reviews both pro and user made about that specific PSU.

I've been building rigs for over 10 years and only today, and only 'cause high lord Stefen-something lost it like if i was making a server monster pc that would control the whole german economic system or i was suggesting to plug a literal potatoe to the wall and go with that, i do now realise the wrong in my ways.

You know what? To this day i did the same, stay with good tested, reviewed brands, and not even once i had a psu problem. Nither with the PSU itself nor with any component beacuse of the PSU.

"HEY!!! I'M THE OVERLORD OF THE POWER KNOWLEDGE AND I'M NOT GOING TO HELP UNTIL I CAN INSULT SOMEONE BEFOREHAND!!! NOW USE THIS BE QUIET! 400w PSU THAT IS OUTSTANDING (it really is) AND CHECKS EVERY SECURITY MARK INSTEAD OF THIS CORSAIR THAT IS ALSO GOOD AND IN A NORMAL USE OF A HOME PC WILL HAVE NO INCONVINENT WHATSOEVER UNLESS THE ELECTRICAL COMPANY LIKES TO CUT YOUR POWER RANDOMLY AND THEN SEND 380w THROUGH THE WALL"

Problem is, he wants to overclock, so the 400w straight up won't hold and a 500w might be close to max capacity

An if the dude happens to want to upgrade his rig, say a sly config, or double the ram or add some rgb  he would have to again change the psu and would have wasted 60 euros, which might be nothing for you but might be a lot to him and it DEFINITELY is a lot to me.

Besides, we still don't know where the OP is from and if he can/wants to buy in a different country

6 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

check reviews both pro and user made

Okay, full stop, you have no credibility at all. User reviews are completely useless, especially with PSUs. If you think user reviews hold any value, that's enough to discard your opinion immediately.

:)

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/