IPTV with a cap???

Edward78

How fast would it take to get pasta 500 GB cap? So far 3 PCs & Youtube/Netflix on Dish Hopper... We don't like sports, so that is no issue...

Screenshot at 2018-08-15 12:21:35.png

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

21 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

How fast would it take to get pasta 500 GB cap? So far 3 PCs & Youtube/Netflix on Dish Hopper... We don't like sports, so that is no issue...

This depends entirely on the bandwidth available for the internet connection.   What is the downstream capacity, you can use a calculator to determine how long it would take to exceed 500G

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

It looks like you were pretty far under the cap last month.

As per others it depends on the transfer speed.  If you had a 10 mbit stream 24/7 it'd be like 113.78 hours.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

12 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

This depends entirely on the bandwidth available for the internet connection.   What is the downstream capacity, you can use a calculator to determine how long it would take to exceed 500G

We have 25 Meg down...

It looks like you were pretty far under the cap last month.

The Traffic meter wasn't on most of last month...

MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 HDMI Display Port Mini-ITX Motherboard (B450I Gaming Plus AC), AMD Ryzen 7 2700 4.1 GHz, TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) Ram, EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC Gaming, 08G-P5-3663-KL, 8GB GDDR6, Metal Backplate, LHR

3 minutes ago, Edward78 said:

We have 25 Meg down...

If you used the connection at the full 24Mbit/s speed, it would take approximately 50 hours to reach 500G.

Obviously the connection is not used at full speed all the time, should always avoid broadband packages with limited bandwidth capacity.  I would suggest moving to an unlimited package, if your broadband ISP charges you when you exceed the 500G a month limit expect some large bills if the usage isn't kept in check.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 minute ago, Falconevo said:

If you used the connection at the full 24Mbit/s speed, it would take approximately 50 hours to reach 500G.

Obviously the connection is not used at full speed all the time, should always avoid broadband packages with limited bandwidth capacity.  I would suggest moving to an unlimited package, if your broadband ISP charges you when you exceed the 500G a month limit expect some large bills if the usage isn't kept in check.

Spectrum is not far, few miles.... We are in a territory with only 2 & the other has a cap also, I wish Spectrum bought out these guys... We are not really heavy tv watchers though...

20 hours ago, Edward78 said:

Spectrum is not far, few miles.... We are in a territory with only 2 & the other has a cap also, I wish Spectrum bought out these guys... We are not really heavy tv watchers though...

Got a 1TB cap with Comcast. My advice, invest in some OTA antenna's, thats what we did. We only use about 700 Gigs a month on average with 3 of us. Also at least you have 2 ISP's to choose from. AT&T was only able to barely get 6 Mbps DSL working in our area and they no longer offer service to my address. So we only have Comcast. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.