ITX case suggestions

Havel

Long story short I have a LAN PC I'm building, I have the right mobo and GPU taken care of, I even picked up an sfx PSU. Which is the problem, I want to find a nice portable itx case that will be able to mount that sfx power supply. The only thing I don't want the case to be is a console shaped one, I'm weird and prefer the cube style ones.

TLDR: Please help me find an ITX case that uses sfx PSU's

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

You'd need to tell us what GPU you got. ITX cases have a lot of restrictions.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

That's not a really grat GPU...

What PSU did you get?? Some 20 buck thing?!

Anyway, with THAT GPU you could have almost gone the APU way and make an ultra compact Small Form Factor PC - with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -  though you need a Cooler with 40mm height max. And the Case only has an 80W PSU (5A on +12V)

So the next question is:
What do you want? Want a Desktopish style?
Want a Cubish thing?
Want something with a handle?

Anyway, what about the Silverstone Milo ML-08??

https://geizhals.de/silverstone-milo-ml08-schwarz-sst-ml08b-h-a1322450.html?hloc=de

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

3 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

That's not a really grat GPU...

What PSU did you get?? Some 20 buck thing?!

Anyway, with THAT GPU you could have almost gone the APU way and make an ultra compact Small Form Factor PC - with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G -  though you need a Cooler with 40mm height max. And the Case only has an 80W PSU (5A on +12V)

So the next question is:
What do you want? Want a Desktopish style?
Want a Cubish thing?
Want something with a handle?

Anyway, what about the Silverstone Milo ML-08??

https://geizhals.de/silverstone-milo-ml08-schwarz-sst-ml08b-h-a1322450.html?hloc=de

All the components for it are spare parts I've been gathering, it's not exactly meant to be great.

i3-6100

Gtx 1050

8gb ram 

120gb SSD + 500gb 5400rpm 2.5in drive

Itx board(I think it's an h110)

And a 450 watt sfx psu I got for 4 bucks at Goodwill that works perfectly fine

I'm looking for a cube style itx case not a super thin one, it's just a weird preference I have. This is intended to be a lower end PC that I can take to lan parties or D&D sessions. That way I don't have to lug around my expensive main rig. Something small and relatively cheap but capable of getting the job done

Hopefully that's a better description for you

1 hour ago, bdphxdude said:

All the components for it are spare parts I've been gathering, it's not exactly meant to be great.

i3-6100

Gtx 1050

8gb ram 

120gb SSD + 500gb 5400rpm 2.5in drive

Itx board(I think it's an h110)

You would have been better off with a Ryzen 2400G and no Graphics card, though you'd need fast memory for that.

But I hope you got the i3-6100 for a good price as its only a 2 Core (4 Threads) CPU...

And a 450 watt sfx psu I got for 4 bucks at Goodwill that works perfectly fine

Urgh, seems like you want to get a new Computer...

So that the PSU can kill it and get the one I've suggested, do you? ;)

Get rid of that junk and get a good quality PSU!
That's the most important part.

And a shitty PSU can cause you unnecessary Trouble or even kill the Components.

In the worst case, it can even kill you or burn down your house!

A cheapish, somewhat decent SFX PSU would be this:

https://geizhals.de/silverstone-sfx-series-st45sf-v3-0-450w-sfx12v-sst-st45sf-a1556534.html

A more expensive one would be the Gold ones...

I'm looking for a cube style itx case not a super thin one, it's just a weird preference I have.

https://geizhals.de/silverstone-sugo-sg05-lite-schwarz-sst-sg05b-lite-a943041.html

And since you need a new PSU anyway, this is also an option:

https://geizhals.de/cooler-master-elite-130-rc-130-kkn1-a969669.html?hloc=de

And a cheap PSU would be be quiet Pure Power 10 with 400W or Corsair CX450 (though louder) or Bitfenix Formula. Pure Power must not be much more expensive than the Corsair.

And ATX PSU are better than SFX anyway, due to size restrictions.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 hours ago, bdphxdude said:

I'm looking for a cube style itx case not a super thin one, it's just a weird preference I have. This is intended to be a lower end PC that I can take to lan parties or D&D sessions. That way I don't have to lug around my expensive main rig. Something small and relatively cheap but capable of getting the job done

Small

Cooler Master Elite 110

Silverstone SG13B

Somewhat Big for mITX

BitFenix Prodigy (many colors)

Thermaltake Core V1F1 Suppressor

Expensive

Lain Li PC-TU100B

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25