Which Peripheral Set Would You Rather Get

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Which set would I get? Neither because I dislike the keyswitches Razer uses and thus would not like a Razer keyboard. For keyboard I would rather get something with Cherry MX keyswitches or even a 'Chinese knockoff' like Gateron. I very much like my Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S and the Pro L or MK750 would be good options if you want a fullsized keyboard (keep in mind it doesn't have those gimicky effects, it does have RGB lighting though).

The G502 for a mouse is a good option and the Cloud Stinger is good if you don't mind the very average microphone on it. 

I'm gonna be upgrading my peripherals in a few months, but I'm not sure what set I should get.

Set 1:

Razer Blackwidow Chroma v2 ($169.99)

Razer Kraken Pro ($79.99)

Razer DeathAdder Elite ($69.99)

Set 2 (sold at a different store):

Razer Blackwidow X Chroma ($180)

Corsair HS50 or HyperX Cloud Stinger ($69.99)

Logitech G502 ($69.99)

Note: these two sets both total to the same price in my country, so the only factors to consider between these sets are quality.

EDIT: For set 2, I also have two other choices for the keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB ($169.99) and Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 ($185). So if you suggest me to take set 2, make sure to also tell me which keyboard and headset to get!

Edited by MalignantLlama

I'd get set 2 and the HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

6 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

I'd get set 2 and the HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just edited the post because I also have 2 more choices for the keyboard, which one should I get?

19 minutes ago, wirs said:

If it's just about quality go for set 2

Thanks for the review, do you also have a suggestion on which keyboard and headset to take?

2 minutes ago, Phantonex said:

Set 2 looks good!

Thanks for the suggestion! If it doesn't bother you, may you also suggest what keyboard and headset I should get?

2 minutes ago, Quintavious V said:

Set 2

Thanks, also which keyboard and headset should I get?

Which set would I get? Neither because I dislike the keyswitches Razer uses and thus would not like a Razer keyboard. For keyboard I would rather get something with Cherry MX keyswitches or even a 'Chinese knockoff' like Gateron. I very much like my Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S and the Pro L or MK750 would be good options if you want a fullsized keyboard (keep in mind it doesn't have those gimicky effects, it does have RGB lighting though).

The G502 for a mouse is a good option and the Cloud Stinger is good if you don't mind the very average microphone on it. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, MalignantLlama said:

Thanks, also which keyboard and headset should I get?

i never tried it but i heard the cloud stinger is pretty good but the mic is eh, i never looked at the void pro RGB that much, where do you live? I can help

18 hours ago, Quintavious V said:

i never tried it but i heard the cloud stinger is pretty good but the mic is eh, i never looked at the void pro RGB that much, where do you live? I can help

It's okay, I think I've finalized my peripheral setup.

1 hour ago, MalignantLlama said:

It's okay, I think I've finalized my peripheral setup.

damn, can i see what you chose?

53 minutes ago, Quintavious V said:

damn, can i see what you chose?

I meant nearly* finalized. I'll probably get the K70 RGB MK.2 for my keyboard, and the G502 for the mouse. I'll also most likely get the Cloud Stingers, but still a little unsure.

7 hours ago, MalignantLlama said:

I meant nearly* finalized. I'll probably get the K70 RGB MK.2 for my keyboard, and the G502 for the mouse. I'll also most likely get the Cloud Stingers, but still a little unsure.

quick tip, dont get a razer keyboard, the cherry mx blues are more crispier in touch AND synapse sucks, its terrible, logitech's software is amazing, the G502 is amazing, the scroll wheel kinda sucks tho, cuz when you shake yo mouse you can feel and hear it shake, havent tried the corsair much but id want it, i'd say stick with mouse and KB, the headphones is you dont mind the meh mic quality sure get it.