Problematic upgrade to Ryzen 2700x (no post)

Hey lads, I've just recently bought the new AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Processor to upgrade from my lacking Ryzen 5 1400. Initially I thought that it wouldn't be that much of a difference since the socket fits and there isn't that much of a generation span in between. I followed trough with the replacement without issues. Upon start-up though I thought to myself "Here we go again" as I had no display at all.

Now there are many clues and problems that I've already gone trough without prevail.

Like:

Resetting CMOS which didn't work. (With jumper as the battery was immovable, I know that removing the battery is the best reset but it just wouldn't budge.)

There was no initial beep  to signify startup that I usually get from original processor. Though when I put the older Ryzen 5 1400 back in everything works.

The computer is a finished piece (not built by me, which is always problematic)

I've updated the BIOS to the most recent update.

Changed up the RAM cards, Number and positioning.

When I turn the computer on with the new card installed, No USB device seem to be taking power either, but the computer seems to be running in some form of pre-startup state. (RGB fans running)

Model is Acer Aspire gx-281

Ryzen 5 1400 processor

DDR4 8GB (upgraded to 16, have another 8gb piece but it seems to give off an error upon startup)

Motherboard is probably custom made for the original build, I don't know if it supports the 2700x, which is something I would like to get more info on.

PoSu 500W (Initially thought that the power supply might be of an issue in this as the processor takes around double the amount of power. But I don't think that power is a big issue as this build isn't even that complex.)

I haven't found that much information regarding the motherboard which is why this is so complicated to deal with, any help would be highly appreciated. 

I might have to buy a new motherboard and start a new build even though this computer is just 1 year old.

pretty sure thats a b350 board. Have you tried flashing the bios? If it dosent work it might be an a320 motherboard which would not support second gen ryzen chips.

Switch back to your old chip and see if it boots then, and check the pins on the Ryzen 2700 chip.

12 minutes ago, charmss said:

Did you update your BIOS?

Run Speccy to see what motherboard it shows.

Really the VRM on the motherboard is probably crap if it's an OEM PC. Might want an X470 board anyways, all of them are decent, but the good ones start at $200

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

14 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

pretty sure thats a b350 board. Have you tried flashing the bios? If it dosent work it might be an a320 motherboard which would not support second gen ryzen chips.

Manufacturer    Acer
Model    Aspire GX-281 (AM4)

According to Speccy most likely custom model for this build.

Just now, charmss said:

Manufacturer    Acer

Just go into the BIOS and check if it has an internet flash option, or go to the support page for the board

but post a picture of the board to check the VRM, might not even want to put an R7 chip in it.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, charmss said:

Manufacturer    Acer

Custom chipset? Im not so sure about that. 

10 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Did you update your BIOS?

Run Speccy to see what motherboard it shows.

Really the VRM on the motherboard is probably crap if it's an OEM PC. Might want an X470 board anyways, all of them are decent, but the good ones start at $200

I was thinking about getting the X470, would I have to replace a lot of parts? I've got a tower sitting that I could use but the power the supply and the G skill fortis RAM is probably re-usable. 

1 minute ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Custom chipset? Im not so sure about that. I think whoever speecy is probably said the form factor or something along those lines. 

Speccy is barely maintained junk tbh. CPU-Z, Aida64 and Hwinfo64 are better options.

4 minutes ago, charmss said:

Manufacturer    Acer

The board is always custom when going with prebuilt crap, yes. Again, all it likely needs is a BIOS update. You can't expect a CPU newer than the board to work without updating.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Speccy is barely maintained junk tbh. CPU-Z, Aida64 and Hwinfo64 are better options.

The board is always custom when going with prebuilt crap, yes. Again, all it likely needs is a BIOS update. You can't expect a CPU newer than the board to work without updating.

https://gyazo.com/61a371bcc2855af9be48a47da7886115

These are the BIOS updates, I've updated to R01-A4 which is the most recent and it didn't work.

1 minute ago, charmss said:

https://gyazo.com/61a371bcc2855af9be48a47da7886115

These are the BIOS updates, I've updated to R01-A4 which is the most recent and it didn't work.

Then it's just usual OEM junk maybe

Probably go for the Gigabyte Gaming Ultra for budget X470 boards, chip will work fine at stock on it. Can maybe push an overclock over the 4350mhz barrier on 6 cores easily enough

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then it's just usual OEM junk maybe

Probably go for the Gigabyte Gaming Ultra for budget X470 boards, chip will work fine at stock on it. Can maybe push an overclock over the 4350mhz barrier on 6 cores easily enough

That hurts, but I guess that's what I get when I'm lazy and end up buying OEM products, I've learned my lesson.

34 minutes ago, charmss said:

That hurts, but I guess that's what I get when I'm lazy and end up buying OEM products, I've learned my lesson.

Yep. OEMs don't want you tinkering. You buy the system and leave it like that until you replace it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro