Need advice about techsupport that wont help

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I am about to go to sleep but I would say that would be an indication that the you may have an issue with the cpu not being able to handle the load. 

what does that mean ?

7 minutes ago, KoloMenek said:

what does that mean ?

it means you have to many programs running at once that your cpu can handle well. the better the cpu the better they are at handling many programs at once. if you have a ton of programs running while gaming it can cause stuttering issues so I would advise you to run your games with no programs running in the background to ensure you don't get cpu usage spikes like you just had when moving the window. only it would be stutter in game instead of in windows.

22 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

it means you have to many programs running at once that your cpu can handle well. the better the cpu the better they are at handling many programs at once. if you have a ton of programs running while gaming it can cause stuttering issues so I would advise you to run your games with no programs running in the background to ensure you don't get cpu usage spikes like you just had when moving the window. only it would be stutter in game instead of in windows.

Is this normal for my cpu ? Like it's a i5 7th gen

7 hours ago, KoloMenek said:

Is this normal for my cpu ? Like it's a i5 7th gen

depends on the frequency its running at and how many applications you were running and how intense each one was. an i5 is really good for gaming but not so great for multitasking because it only has 4 threads. its actually pretty easy to fully load an i5 if you have a game and a bunch of applications running.

6 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah. cpu spikes on my computer if I do the same thing.,

But why are there micro freezes.

5 hours ago, KoloMenek said:

But why are there micro freezes.

Honestly I am not sure. One thing to note is i tested that on my desktop and just saw cpu usage go up but my cpu wasn't at 100%.i mean I had stuttering issues when moving something on my desktop while running prime95 so it might be similar to that. 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:26 PM, KoloMenek said:

I tried installing it today but UEFI didn't allowed me

UEFI wont your right about this. How ever you can toggle the bios to allow legacy boot and that will allow windows 7 linux or any other compat with your board etc os. If your system lacks this basic feature i know one machine ill never own. How ever that said i see no reason why it would not have this setting. 

27 minutes ago, nanaki said:

UEFI wont your right about this. How ever you can toggle the bios to allow legacy boot and that will allow windows 7 linux or any other compat with your board etc os. If your system lacks this basic feature i know one machine ill never own. How ever that said i see no reason why it would not have this setting. 

it has but i need to make my drive ready for legacy. Like thy are on GPT and I need MBR

1 minute ago, KoloMenek said:

it has but i need to make my drive ready for legacy. Like thy are on GPT and I need MBR

Do you have another system you can put the drive into? If so put the drive in to another system or hook it up (even better) to a external adapter via usb and use windows administrative tools > computer management > storage snap > disk management at that point just format it to fat 16 or 32 put back in the system with legacy boot on and have at it. 

Other options if your familiar with it is a linux live boot say a linux mint and use gparted to format the drive properly. Pretty easy to be honest. 

Boot to live linux boot open terminal or click the very familiar looking start menu find admin tools in it select gparted click select drive would be listed as sda sda1 etc along with the hard drives size delete partition create partition format partition click apply and wait a couple minutes.swap out to your windows 7 install media after you power down the system.   

If you go the linux route i can post a step by step image walk through if you like. 

34 minutes ago, nanaki said:

Do you have another system you can put the drive into? If so put the drive in to another system or hook it up (even better) to a external adapter via usb and use windows administrative tools > computer management > storage snap > disk management at that point just format it to fat 16 or 32 put back in the system with legacy boot on and have at it. 

Other options if your familiar with it is a linux live boot say a linux mint and use gparted to format the drive properly. Pretty easy to be honest. 

Boot to live linux boot open terminal or click the very familiar looking start menu find admin tools in it select gparted click select drive would be listed as sda sda1 etc along with the hard drives size delete partition create partition format partition click apply and wait a couple minutes.swap out to your windows 7 install media after you power down the system.   

If you go the linux route i can post a step by step image walk through if you like. 

Well, I don't have any external drives where I can save my stuff or any computer. I can t even take them off the computer because of the warranty...

Another question. While gaming, I saw that the usage of my CPU/GPU is spiking. I don't know why sometimes it's 99% and it can drop up to 89%. Is this normal ? They are not doing it at the same time. When it happen, There is a small freez

6 minutes ago, KoloMenek said:

Well, I don't have any external drives where I can save my stuff or any computer. I can t even take them off the computer because of the warranty...

Just looked at a tear down for the machine and they have a warranty sticker over a screw or to so opening the machine is not a option. Most laptops allow access even under warranty for ram hdd etc upgrades by the user but not in msi's case. So live boot linux to convert the drives format is your only option. There is no reason i can thing of why that would not work. But in the end it may not even solve your problem with performance etc. 

Honestly i have doubts that it would. Performance wise windows 10 and windows 7 are on par with each other windows 10 may even beat 7 out by a bit. 

Just now, KoloMenek said:

Another question. While gaming, I saw that the usage of my CPU/GPU is spiking. I don't know why sometimes it's 99% and it can drop up to 89%. Is this normal ? They are not doing it at the same time. When it happen, There is a small freez

depending on the game it sure could be normal. Most games i have thrown at my old dell optiplex 780 don't push it much above say 70% use but i will see spikes and dips + or minus 10 or 15% use. 

Try this in task manager ctrl shift esc look at the performance tab with nothing running but windows basic stuff and see what your cpu usage is. With nothing running under windows 10 you should see no more than 5 or 10% spikes total cpu use. If you see like 20+ click over to processes and click on the column marked cpu this will put the highest use proc at top. 

If all looks good eg low cpu use fire up the game that gives this bad behavior the most and repeat the steps. It could be that you have some game process or windows process that is eating cpu cycles much greater than it should. Maybe windows defender firewall or the like is running in the background out of control causing spikes in cpu gpu etc use 

3 minutes ago, nanaki said:

depending on the game it sure could be normal. Most games i have thrown at my old dell optiplex 780 don't push it much above say 70% use but i will see spikes and dips + or minus 10 or 15% use. 

Try this in task manager ctrl shift esc look at the performance tab with nothing running but windows basic stuff and see what your cpu usage is. With nothing running under windows 10 you should see no more than 5 or 10% spikes total cpu use. If you see like 20+ click over to processes and click on the column marked cpu this will put the highest use proc at top. 

If all looks good eg low cpu use fire up the game that gives this bad behavior the most and repeat the steps. It could be that you have some game process or windows process that is eating cpu cycles much greater than it should. Maybe windows defender firewall or the like is running in the background out of control causing spikes in cpu gpu etc use 

I don't know. Everything looks normal. I am not using too much my cpu while gaming. I did not setup any firewall or external antivirus. Nothing should affect the cpu while playing...

i will ask msi's support...