CPU RGB cooler

Ergroilnin

Hello,

anyone got firsthand experience with Cooler Master Masterair MA610P?

I have read good reviews and I really like the looks of it.

So is it actually a good aftermarket air cooler? Are there any like that one that are better?

It might be a good cooler, but from the looks of it , it has one MAJOR Flaw. It looks like you will encounter problems if you need or want to switch out the Fans.

Coolermaster Heatsinks are usually pretty neat, no flaws, solid thermals and good production quality. But every customer i had in my time working in Retail/BtO who bought an aftermarket cooler with "special fans" did regret (regretted?) (sp?) it later on becaue you just could not switch Fans.

I dont know your budget, but you could try to get maybe a used Heatsink (like a Mugen) and put you own RGB-LED Fans on it. This should cost more early on, but will save you in the long run.

Well I don't have first hand experience, but it does have 6 heatpipes which it says on their product page. That's way more heatpipes compared to their budget Hyper 212 Evo cooler, with 4 heatpipes, and has the same amount of heatpipes as the Noctua NH-D15. It also comes with dual fans for push and pull. So I'm going to guess that will be performing above or almost the same as the Noctua U14S, since it has lesser surface area than the NH-D15 with the dual aluminum fin towers.

9 minutes ago, DudefromHamburg said:

It might be a good cooler, but from the looks of it , it has one MAJOR Flaw. It looks like you will encounter problems if you need or want to switch out the Fans.

Coolermaster Heatsinks are usually pretty neat, no flaws, solid thermals and good production quality. But every customer i had in my time working in Retail/BtO who bought an aftermarket cooler with "special fans" did regret (regretted?) (sp?) it later on becaue you just could not switch Fans.

I dont know your budget, but you could try to get maybe a used Heatsink (like a Mugen) and put you own RGB-LED Fans on it. This should cost more early on, but will save you in the long run.

I'll be completely honest, I never ever yet changed my fans on my cpu coolers, so according to reviews and manufacturer stats, these have pretty decen airflow and db rating and if by any chance they break down before the warranty, that solves it, if they break after, well there are always whole new lots of coolers on the market by then, so I do not necessarily care about changing the fans. But it is a really good point, that I did not even consider, so thank you for broadening my views!

6 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Well I don't have first hand experience, but it does have 6 heatpipes which it says on their product page. That's way more heatpipes compared to their budget Hyper 212 Evo cooler, with 4 heatpipes, and has the same amount of heatpipes as the Noctua NH-D15. It also comes with dual fans for push and pull. So I'm going to guess that will be performing above or almost the same as the Noctua U14S, since it has lesser surface area than the NH-D15 with the dual aluminum fin towers.

That is a neat comparison with the heatpipe count, thanks for that!

8 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

It performs a bit worse than the NH-U14S. You can see relative cooler performance here: 

@Ergroilnin I don't know of any coolers with a similar look with better performance. There are other larger heatsinks that can use RGB fans but don't have the same custom fan look. The MA620P for example is bigger and performs slightly better and uses standard case fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.