Ek a240g + gtx 1080 Ti gaming oc

On 15.7.2018 at 9:57 PM, W-L said:

Welcome to the Forums!

That unfortunately isn't a reference card, they have a list of compatible GPU's for the fluid gaming waterblocks. 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109890769

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

Thank you,

so what now? I can’t get this one and have to spend hundred of $

Just cause my card is not reference? 

Can i buy aluminum block for my card from somwere else?

Or maybe there is another kit like this in the market even from other company that supports non reference card?

My budget ends in 300$ and I really would like to water cool my 8700k and 1080ti for OC

You have 3 options,Either buy a reference card,Go full custom loop with cooper blocks and rads.Or skip the ek kit for AIOs one for the cpu and one for the gpu.

1 hour ago, andrewmp6 said:

You have 3 options,Either buy a reference card,Go full custom loop with cooper blocks and rads.Or skip the ek kit for AIOs one for the cpu and one for the gpu.

How can I connect aio to gpu??

i have h100i v2 

i

3 minutes ago, Adab5 said:

How can I connect aio to gpu??

i have h100i v2 

i

nzxt used to make a bracket for AIO GPU mounting

just google it

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

41 minutes ago, MaratM said:

nzxt used to make a bracket for AIO GPU mounting

just google it

They not available almost anywhere

and if they do, it’s in place that doesn’t ship to my country (Israel) 

How much will a simple kit with 360 radiator from cooper will cost in ek? 

And how would I know hot to pick the parts I need

you can always go DIY route, get an aluminium CPU waterblock from EK and put on the GPU, add some heatsinks on the VRM and a fan on top

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Google your specific video card and liquid cooling. Browse Google until you find a solution.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

13 minutes ago, MaratM said:

you can always go DIY route, get an aluminium CPU waterblock from EK and put on the GPU, add some heatsinks on the VRM and a fan on top

Thanks Good idea? ! 

i can buy ek 360 and add extra cpu block instead of the gpu 

And just connect it all to the pump and have a loop

but how can i Cool the vram, where can I get those heatsinks you talked about

4 hours ago, Adab5 said:

Thank you,

so what now? I can’t get this one and have to spend hundred of $

Just cause my card is not reference? 

Can i buy aluminum block for my card from somwere else?

Or maybe there is another kit like this in the market even from other company that supports non reference card?

My budget ends in 300$ and I really would like to water cool my 8700k and 1080ti for OC

You will either need to go with a copper based water cooling loop or swap out the card with a reference design if you want to use the fluid gaming option. There are no full cover aluminum blocks for the other card. 

1 hour ago, Adab5 said:

Thanks Good idea? ! 

i can buy ek 360 and add extra cpu block instead of the gpu 

And just connect it all to the pump and have a loop

but how can i Cool the vram, where can I get those heatsinks you talked about

Aliexpress ebay google) just search for copper or aluminium heatsink

1 hour ago, W-L said:

You will either need to go with a copper based water cooling loop or swap out the card with a reference design if you want to use the fluid gaming option. There are no full cover aluminum blocks for the other card. 

I’ve been offer by friend of my to give him my card and take from him

the Titan xp Star Wars edition 

1. Is it stronger in gaming then 1080 Ti?

2. Is it overclockable like the 1080 Ti? 

3  is it “refernce card” and will be good for the a240g ?? 

Thanks a lot

4 minutes ago, andrewmp6 said:

The titan xp is listed but not the star wars one https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109890769

I would email ek to know sure if it works.But Why not keep your gpu and just go normal copper custom loop ?

Cause it’s whayyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive then the 300$ budget

the gpu block alone is 140$ 

A gtx 1080 ti is a very pricey card so is that titan xp card.If you can afford either cards you could save up to custom water cool with copper.

1 hour ago, andrewmp6 said:

A gtx 1080 ti is a very pricey card so is that titan xp card.If you can afford either cards you could save up to custom water cool with copper.

The budget is not “the limit” that I can spend

its the limit that I will be willing to pay for a fuc*** water and extra 3 fps to the pc!!!!

Those hundreds of extra $ can be spend on much important thing

its crazy to spend 600-800$ on water

2 hours ago, Adab5 said:

The budget is not “the limit” that I can spend

its the limit that I will be willing to pay for a fuc*** water and extra 3 fps to the pc!!!!

Those hundreds of extra $ can be spend on much important thing

its crazy to spend 600-800$ on water

Custom water cooling isn’t something to just spend money on if your under a tight budget. To give you an idea for a custom copper based loop you’ll be looking at a starting price of $500USD and then the time and money for maintence on top of that. 

If your desire is the extra cooling and lower temps anAIO solution would be the best value.

42 minutes ago, W-L said:

Custom water cooling isn’t something to just spend money on if your under a tight budget. To give you an idea for a custom copper based loop you’ll be looking at a starting price of $500USD and then the time and money for maintence on top of that. 

If your desire is the extra cooling and lower temps anAIO solution would be the best value.

I found someone with “msi 1080 Ti Aero” card

That wanted something with little bit more fans the the 1 blower he have

and I wanted something that will be good for the ek a240 g

So we exchange, 

i orderd the a360g in 299$ I hope it will be good enough for oc the 8700 k (deliededl

and the ti

Thank you all for the help 

3 hours ago, Adab5 said:

I found someone with “msi 1080 Ti Aero” card

That wanted something with little bit more fans the the 1 blower he have

and I wanted something that will be good for the ek a240 g

So we exchange, 

i orderd the a360g in 299$ I hope it will be good enough for oc the 8700 k (deliededl

and the ti

Thank you all for the help 

Yeah that will work then with the fluid gaming kits, and for a single CPU and GPU the 360mm option would cool that quite well. 

As a side note/warning, don't use liquid metal on your a240g at all for thermal compound. It will be destroyed immediately. :D Have fun with the kit. I used it myself and it's great.

2 hours ago, AdamTheSlave said:

As a side note/warning, don't use liquid metal on your a240g at all for thermal compound. It will be destroyed immediately. :D Have fun with the kit. I used it myself and it's great.

Wait a sec

What is liquid metal ???

I delid my 8700k  and I think I heard my friend that did this to me that he is using liquid metal thermal paste, is that related to this???

On 7/18/2018 at 12:24 PM, Adab5 said:

Wait a sec

What is liquid metal ???

I delid my 8700k  and I think I heard my friend that did this to me that he is using liquid metal thermal paste, is that related to this???

That is fine for delidding, inbetween the cpu's die and integrated heat spreader is good. On the outside of the heat spreader and on the cooler itself = bad. Basically, what I'm saying is use the thermal compound that comes with the a240g on the cpu/gpu, not gallium/liquid metal/conductonaught/cool lab ultra.. If it comes out looking like liquid metal, don't put it on the top of the cpu/gpu or else you will degrade the aluminum pretty close to instantly to the point you will crack the blocks.

@Adab5 Also if you currently have liquid metal on the outside of your cpu (you can tell when you take off the current cooler, and if the cpu looks shiny, like a mirror surface, you need to remove EVERY TRACE of liquid metal from the cpu. That can be hard. Basically, you should be able to read the writing on the cpu when you get done cleaning. 

8700k---677939_n.jpg

8 hours ago, AdamTheSlave said:

@Adab5 Also if you currently have liquid metal on the outside of your cpu (you can tell when you take off the current cooler, and if the cpu looks shiny, like a mirror surface, you need to remove EVERY TRACE of liquid metal from the cpu. That can be hard. Basically, you should be able to read the writing on the cpu when you get done cleaning. 

8700k---677939_n.jpg

First of all thank you,

What are the odds that I have liquid metal on the cpu? 

I used h100i v2 stock paste

thats the only thing that touches this cpu, is it ok?