PowerSupply help

Ahmad Masalha

What PSU should I buy, when I calculated how much watts my pc will need in OuterVision Power Supply Calculator is recommended a 495watt PSU but underneath that they recommended me a 700 watt 80 + Bronze powersupply. What should I get a 500 watt PSU or stick with the one that they recommended?????? image.thumb.png.5b8be169985da75e4366b1a6a413451d.png

Most psu calculators are very inaccurate. What are your specs?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Cases and Power Supplies.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

With a power draw estimate of 500W, your PC should draw closer to 250W. Don't get the crappy PSU it recommended either, just get a good 400-450W PSU. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)

34 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Most psu calculators are very inaccurate. What are your specs?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Moved to Cases and Power Supplies.

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDDR5 

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD 

MSI X470GPLUS

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

NZXT Kraken X52

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

4 hours ago, Ahmad Masalha said:

What PSU should I buy, when I calculated how much watts my pc will need in OuterVision Power Supply Calculator is recommended a 495watt PSU but underneath that they recommended me a 700 watt 80 + Bronze powersupply. What should I get a 500 watt PSU or stick with the one that they recommended?????? 

That Outervision thing is just utter garbage and overestimates what you need between 50 and 100%. The Values it uses for calculating are either total bogus shit that someone pulled out of their behind or absolute worst case TDP values. Like Motor start spinning of a HDD for like 10ms or so, at most.

And with that components, even with medium OC, a 400W PSU would be plenty, so look for good quality, entry level gold ones. Like Bitfenix Formula, be quiet Straight Power 11, Bitfenix Whisper M, Cougar GX-F or something like that.

To be on the safe side, you could go for 550W, but 650W is just a waste of money. With that you should rather look for better quality units that also have a higher efficiency than to go "Overwatt"...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 7/11/2018 at 3:39 PM, Ahmad Masalha said:

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDDR5 
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD 

MSI X470GPLUS
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

NZXT Kraken X52

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

The system should pull ~300w at load. A good 500w psu would be plenty.

PCPartPicker has a better calculator if you need one but it's better to look at power draw benchmarks instead. https://www.anandtech.com/show/11987/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-founders-edition-review/15

If you would like a recommendation, let us now where you're shopping / located, and your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.