I just got my first sound card

EPICSNIPER145

Been saying it for a long time, go check the posts, been fighting a losing battle for months. 

Maybe you, but the majority only started now. 

It's good to see that the overwhelming majority of our forum knows so much about sound reproduction that they are able to completely refute entire lineups of products. It's like hating on Nickelback - only because all the cool kids are doing it. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

File type and bitrate makes no difference if the bit rate is about 256-320, while I will concede that some tracks do have a noticeable different signature in a lossless codec, most of the time there is no measurable difference. 

So there is no point going about converting your whole library to flac because you aren't cool and you're wasting space on your storage medium. 

Wow, I said nothing about needing to go overboard, or that I'm trying to be cool by converting everything to flac.

Nice try, though.

It's good to see that the overwhelming majority of our forum knows so much about sound reproduction that they are able to completely refute entire lineups of products. It's like hating on Nickelback - only because all the cool kids are doing it. 

There about twelve of us, and we've been at it for a long time now.

Wow, I said nothing about needing to go overboard, or that I'm trying to be cool by converting everything to flac.

Nice try, though.

I think our wording may or may not have been poor on the topic matter. My apologizes for assuming that you were a "Covert everything to flac for more betterness." kinda guy.

There about twelve of us, and we've been at it for a long time now.

I think our words may or may not have been poor on the topic matter. My apologizes for assuming that you were a "Covert everything to flac for more betterness." kinda guy.

I'm not saying it's not true, I don't know much on the topic, but twelve hardly represents the majority, does it? I believe you might have been saying this all along, but others haven't. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Mate, the science speaks for itself.

Asus xonar range all have 10+ ohm output impedance

Creative Z has 22ohm

ceative ZxR has 32 ohm

creative Xfi titanium 35 ohm

creative live usb has 38ohm

Realtek on board implementation 4 ohm

Fiio E10 2 ohm

O2 .5 ohm

fiio e07k 0.3ohm

ibasso D10 (hi gain) 1.03 ohm

I could keep going but there is really no need.

With the average headphone being 32 ohms the best option for a flat FR is the onboard or DAC. 

EDIT: or were you having a go at the late comers jumping on the bandwagon?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm not saying it's not true, I don't know much on the topic, but twelve hardly represents the majority, does it? I believe you might have been saying this all along, but others haven't. 

Not in an attempt to brag, for most of us are quite modest people, but we collectively know more then the masses. Some of us know more about the science of the matter, some of us have had better hands on experience, some of us are overly analytical technicality Nazis. But collectively, we know what we are talking about. 

some of us are overly analytical technicality Nazis.

He talked about me :wub:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

He talked about me :wub:

I was referring to myself, and I'm willing to go fisticuffs over my title. 

Just gonna say this:

I recently took out my soundcard(STX) to make room for a temporary GPU so right now im using onboard (Realtek 1150) with DT770 pro 250ohm

At the same volume: 70%of the time they sound the same, but at some frequencies the onboard just makes this popping/crackling noise during the same songs whereas the soundcard didnt and that ruins the song.

Im not saying sound is more "vibrant" or bs like that with the soundcard but 100% sure the STX doesnt have popping/crackling sounds during the same songs.

Can you get something equal/better for the price of an STX? Yes
Are soundcards ( high end ones) useless? No.

(please dont start saying OMG HIGH OUTPUT IMPEDANCE, my headphones are 250ohm so, dont care)

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I was referring to myself, and I'm willing to go fisticuffs over my title. 

Being an arsehole I get to claim the rights to being the most anal.

Mate, the science speaks for itself.

Asus xonar range all have 10+ ohm output impedance

Creative Z has 22ohm

ceative ZxR has 32 ohm

creative Xfi titanium 35 ohm

creative live usb has 38ohm

Realtek on board implementation 4 ohm

Fiio E10 2 ohm

O2 .5 ohm

fiio e07k 0.3ohm

ibasso D10 (hi gain) 1.03 ohm

I could keep going but there is really no need.

With the average headphone being 32 ohms the best option for a flat FR is the onboard or DAC.

I am not saying I know anything about sound, as I don't. I did not mean to say it's not true what you are saying or that you don't know much about this topic and I apologize if that is what you understood. 

Saying that, it doesn't matter if there were a few of you saying the right thing all along. However, now everyone on this forum is saying sound cards suck even if they have no idea what output resistance means and they can't tell the difference between a lamp and a transistor amp and they have no idea what an opamp is for. 

Spoiler

Just gonna say this:

I recently took out my soundcard(STX) to make room for a temporary GPU so right now im using onboard (Realtek 1150) with DT770 pro 250ohm

At the same volume: 70%of the time they sound the same, but at some frequencies the onboard just makes this popping/crackling noise during the same songs whereas the soundcard didnt and that ruins the song.

Im not saying sound is more "vibrant" or bs like that with the soundcard but 100% sure the STX doesnt have popping/crackling sounds during the same songs.

(please dont start saying OMG HIGH OUTPUT IMPEDANCE, my headphones are 250ohm so, dont care)

Out of curiosity above anything else, what motherboard, it may be the amp shitting its pants. 

Being an arsehole I get to claim the rights to being the most anal.

Being a 2m tall muddafucka, I get to do what I want. 

Or being Italian, I would be a technicality fascist, so I was mislabeling myself. 

Out of curiosity above anything else, what motherboard, it may be the amp shitting its pants. 

Asus Z87 Deluxe, volume was around 60% in windows and -7db in foobar so it wasnt maxed out for, the STX it had to be around 30% windows( give or take ) to be the same volume( give or take again)

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Asus Z87 Deluxe, volume was around 60% in windows and -7db in foobar so it wasnt maxed out for, the STX it had to be around 30% windows( give or take ) to be the same volume( give or take again)

Dunno, is it distorting at certain points, such as treble/bass heavy points? (In an attempt to figure it out for myself, not much can be done for the problem, and in all technicality you have a solution.)

Just gonna say this:

Spot on. because your headphones are 250ohm you wouldn't hear any FR defects due to impedance mismatching. Even if you had the creative ZxR which is 7ohm higher than the 31 ohm minimum for your headphones, it would probably be a stretch to hear anything. I have an Asus H77 and my onboard is just sweet, no interference or pops and drives all my phones (except one) to deafening levels.

OMG HIGH OUTPUT IMPEDANCE...    hehehehehehe  :ph34r:

Dunno, is it distorting at certain points, such as treble/bass heavy points? (In an attempt to figure it out for myself, not much can be done for the problem, and in all technicality you have a solution.)

Yep bass and treble, when it happens its as if you were listening to a low quality mp3 ( even though the actual song is 320kbps )

Being a 2m tall muddafucka, I get to do what I want. 

Or being Italian, I would be a technicality fascist, so I was mislabeling myself. 

but you don't have enough hair to be Italian, I guess it's down to height versus arrogance.  Bring it on...

Yep bass and treble, when it happens its as if you were listening to a low quality mp3 ( even though the actual song is 320kbps )

That would be distortion, moose, am I correct in assuming its the amp struggling with the impedance/power load.

but you don't have enough hair to be Italian, I guess it's down to height versus arrogance.  Bring it on...

Shave daily, and more hair on my chest then the three football teams have collectively. 

I'll be right down there, I'll thrive in the lower allitude, more oxygen for a stern discussion on who is the literal and figurative bigger dick

That would be distortion, moose, am I correct in assuming its the amp struggling with the impedance/power load.

Shave daily, and more hair on my chest then the three football teams have collectively. 

I'll be right down there, I'll thrive in the lower allitude, more oxygen for a stern discussion on who is the literal and figurative bigger dick

you'll have to learn to stand upside down and dodge kangaroos first. :lol:

you'll have to learn to stand upside down and dodge kangaroos first. :lol:

Already can walk on hands, dodging large marsupials though, can't be harder then fat Americans in Hummers and lifted Fords. 

Already can walk on hands, dodging larges marsupials though, can't be harder then fat Americans in Hummers and lifted Fords. 

kangaroos jump upside down though.

kangaroos jump upside down though.

Americans weigh a lot though. Nearly as much as aforementioned Fords. 

cc0.jpg

what does that say it so low quality i cant read it?

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

what does that say it so low quality i cant read it?

low quality bait

....bait snap....