User Stuck Viewing All FP Topics

Lurick
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I'm not sure why that will have happened, but the next update (next couple of months) includes a rewrite of the code that handles that (to allow for some other changes that were also made to make things a bit faster), so this should be fixed then. If it persists after that, please do report it again though, and I can look into it further.

So I happened to notice this yesterday and confirmed today.

@Sammy8806 seems to be stuck listed as "recently viewed" for all Floatplane topics

Example:

image.png.592f34a5378b6118e3989d68a01f1726.png

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Maybe he just really loves Floatplane Topics? Don't assume all of a sudden.

Lol, he recently viewed over 50 topics that I checked going back several pages.

Recently viewed is only 10 or so minutes iirc.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Although I see what you mean, he might just be a really active user... :P

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Was it the same user yesterday? 

I believe so, yes.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'm not sure why that will have happened, but the next update (next couple of months) includes a rewrite of the code that handles that (to allow for some other changes that were also made to make things a bit faster), so this should be fixed then. If it persists after that, please do report it again though, and I can look into it further.

HTTP/2 203

• 2 weeks later...

@Sammy8806 do you use a script to crawl the floatplane section by any chance? Not a problem if you do, but I think that's what's causing this, and you might get better performance if you use the same session cookie for all of your requests.

HTTP/2 203

I've just seen this.

Yeah, it is actually a script which run every hour and it already uses the same cookie for all requests. Also it should only look at the first page.

I will probably retire it soon and switch to the new floatplane-site, because a simple API is much more friendly than parsing a forum