VGA monitor affect gaming performance

I recently got a new pc and I'm on a very strict budget. (Gtx 770, Ryzen 3 1200).
I really cheaped out on the monitor and my grandmother gave me her old 1080 monitor for free (a Samsung SyncMaster SN2243 plus). It only has a VGA output and I am using the included DVI to VGA adapter that came in my GPU box to be able to use the monitor. the main reason I bought this pc is to be able to play competitive counter strike and I was wondering if the monitor will create any input-lag/delay or maybe not be responsive. I am aware that the color and overall quality of the picture will be lower but I really don't care about those since ill be playing at 4:3 lowest settings.

The DVI to VGA adapter will not cause any lag, if it's the cheap 2-3$ passive adapter, it just rearranges the pins in the DVI connector to the pins of the VGA connector, so there's no added lag or signal processing.

The GTX 770 should have VGA output (through the DVI connector) as for the graphics integrated into the Ryzen 1200 processor, I think it will depend on the motherboard if it has vga output. The DVI connector on the motherboard (if there is any) may not contain the analogue signals which would be connected to the vga connector by a cheap dvi-vga adapter.

You will be limited to the maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz and that's pretty much it. The quality of the image may be worse than a clear digital signal but not by a significant amount.

The monitor's native resolution is 1920x1080 so you should play at 1920x1080 , no need to play at 4:3 lowest settings, but you can if you want to.

thank you for replying! :D

the monitors refresh rate is 75 Hz and I would like to OC it to 80Hz will that make any difference???

No, that monitor is not 75 Hz and it's unlikely you'll be able to overclock it. Well, the monitor would probably accept 75Hz, but you wouldn't actually see on the screen 75 different images in a second.

Because there's a lot of devices that produce analogue signal (vga output) at various refresh rates and various resolutions, the processor inside the monitor must be able to handle, to tolerate various number of frames per second.  However, regardless how many analogue frames the monitor receives, the circuitry inside the processor of your monitor will only produce up to 60 frames per second.

Basically, regardless what refresh rate you configure, the TN panel of that monitor will change image on itself at up to 60 times a second.

So for example, you may have a DVD player bought from Europe which produces a 720x576 or 768x576 50 Hz signal, the monitor must be able to accept it, and the TN panel will update the image up to 50 times a second.

Or you may have some weird oscilloscope or some industrial machine which is designed to output 1024x768 at 70 Hz - the analogue circuitry inside the monitor will take up to 60 frames out of those 70 and will update the image on your TN panel up to 60 times a second.

Basically, the higher the refresh rate you set, like 75 Hz or 80 Hz, you're just "pushing" a lot more information through the analogue cable, which means each pixel information going through the cable is represented by a weaker signal, which can be more easily influenced by external interference and the quality of the image can be degraded (you would see fluctuations in brightness or ugly lines from time to time etc). This doesn't happen with digital connections (dvi, hdmi, displayport etc)

Edited by mariushm
minor correction

then I guess I'll save for a better display. thank you for being so helpful! :D