Paid Hosted Email With Custom Domain

Does anyone use a paid email service that supports custom domains? How was your experience? How much does it cost? Why do you use this paid service? Would you recommend it over free services like Gmail or Outlook.com?

Thinking about migrating away from Gmail and having emails on my own domain. I read its bad to use Cpanel's built-in mail server due to reliability issues, and not being able to receive client emails about your server being down... because that same server is also your email server... which is why I am thinking about a hosted service

Thanks in advance! Email is a big part of my life and this will be a big move for me, which is why I am interested in other people's input.

Office365 beats most everything else in terms of features. Is it just for you?

1 minute ago, Densetsu said:

Office365 beats most everything else in terms of features. Is it just for you?

Just for me.

I use Office365 for my .EDU email and its user experience was just OK.
It might have been just how my college set up the emails but Office365 it didn't play nice with my mobile apps at all and I am still not used to their web client.

Finally, does Office365 support custom domains on personal email? I thought that was a business-only feature and required an annual, upfront purchase.

2 minutes ago, Ariolander said:

Just for me.

I use Office365 for my .EDU email and its user experience was just OK.
It might have been just how my college set up the emails but Office365 it didn't play nice with my mobile apps at all and I am still not used to their web client.

Finally, does Office365 support custom domains on personal email? I thought that was a business-only feature and required an annual, upfront purchase.

They have an email only essentials plan that's $5/mo. That's pretty much it.

Gmail for business is great, I have it for my businesses and personal email. It is great and pretty cheap at $5 for the basic plan. I think I am on the $10 one but that is because I wanted something, can't remember what. I was happy with the basic for a while though and you likely will be too. 

My school uses the G Suite and thus Gmail for Business which works great in my experience

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I am trying to move away from Google so migrating to G Suite / Gmail for Business might be a bit counterproductive.

I was researching further and I like the idea of something open source. Am thinking of a cloud-hosted Open-Xchange provider.