Final content patch for Ubisoft's The Division 1 released. RIP

AlTech
On 15/06/2018 at 10:45 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Game developers should at least fix major bugs in their games before they move onto the next product they're working on. 

All of those games had major issues at launch and still have major issues.

Watch Dogs 2 has all the same issues today than it did in 2017 and yet Ubisoft doesn't care about fixing it. The only games Ubisoft actually bothers to update are the ones which nobody buys because of how bad they are and then they fix it to a point where people will actually buy it and then they abandon it. 

From a business perspective this makes sense but it's a huge F U to customers. I can't in good conscience recommend a game who's developer is unwilling to fix major flaws in their product. 

What are the issues of watch dogs 2?

For honor and rainbow six siege are still being worked on actively because they are multiplayer games. Considering the industry standards, Ubisoft is above average. They take care a lot about their multiplayer only games, and they take care okay about their single player games.

I personally never have encountered any bugs in-game I. AC:O, AC:BF, AC1 to AC3, far cry 2 and 3, watchdogs 2 or rainbow six siege. The only thing I regret is the Nvidia crap they all have which makes them harder to run on my r9 fury.

In contrast, I still can't even launch GTA IV properly V ran rather poorly for the graphics quality it has. Dishonored 2 was a mess perf wise and it's still not fixed. And those are out since quite a long time already and nothing will get fixed now.

Maybe I'm saying this because I rarely buy games at launch, i always wait 6 months for sales, so I don't have any launch bugs because they are already fixed.

On 6/14/2018 at 2:46 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

Given the market, I'd say over two years of updates for a game isn't bad. Maybe a bit weird that they're killing off updates almost a year in advance, but I don't know.

It isn't bad but GTA Online has technically been going strong since 2013. Now it's not very populated on those launch versions for the 360 and PS3 since Rockstar decided only to support the PS4, Xbone ( 2014 release) and PC (2015) versions with DLC but still with the free DLC and pay-to-win microtransaction model their most profitable year after release was actually 2017

It's an extreme anomaly maybe but I still think it should be the benchmark for these types of online experience games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 6/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Game developers should at least fix major bugs in their games before they move onto the next product they're working on. 

Watch Dogs 2 has all the same issues today than it did in 2017 and yet Ubisoft doesn't care about fixing it. The only games Ubisoft actually bothers to update are the ones which nobody buys because of how bad they are and then they fix it to a point where people will actually buy it and then they abandon it. 

From a business perspective this makes sense but it's a huge F U to customers. I can't in good conscience recommend a game who's developer is unwilling to fix major flaws in their product. 

GR: Widllands has had great support.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, AluminiumTech said:

The developer "Massive Entertainment" did a pretty good job fixing up the game, I gotta give them credit for that. Some of the bugs in the game are so far ingrained into the engine that they have to redo a ton of stuff in order to fix them, but most of the major issues have been dealt with now.

UZEWowX.png

I've spent my fair share of time in that game, it's especially fun when your playing with friends. @wolfgang 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That moment when you got the game at 85% off

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

The last time I started Division up the servers were down, and there still is no bridge. 

Image result for The division bridge

Image result for The division bridge