i7 8750h - Power Limit Throttling - Low TDP Even though cooling is capable

Is anyone experiencing n-key rollover? My shift and space are not working at the same time.

17 hours ago, Neptunelav said:

Is anyone experiencing n-key rollover? My shift and space are not working at the same time.

nope, not experiencing any of those

On 7/18/2018 at 9:43 AM, Neptunelav said:

intel xtu, I did a few 10 minutes run, but I tweak the cpu using throttlestop (I am concerning the interference of the two program though)

Do you suggest burning the cpu for a prolonged time? Because the cpu is actually running fine with daily work, gaming and VMs

Try burning the cpu for a longer period and do more stress test. Mine reached a pretty high undervolt (still below urs, -150-160 mV ish). Stress testing worked fine, but after exporting a large video on premiere, it bsod'ed after a few minutes so i have to back down on the undervolt.

image.png.5abfbe7d90a6c42cd6631181bdaa2ae2.png

when pressing both shift,

'Q', single quote " ' " and the third row of buttons are not working.

I wonder is mine an exception or happens on everyone

Edited by Neptunelav

On 20.07.2018 at 4:46 PM, Neptunelav said:

Nope.

Reinstall windows.

On 7/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, Neptunelav said:

image.png.5abfbe7d90a6c42cd6631181bdaa2ae2.png

when pressing both shift,

'Q', single quote " ' " and the third row of buttons are not working.

I wonder is mine an exception or happens on everyone

nope, doesn't happen on mine.

Typing A-Z and symbols would look like this (holding both shift all the time)

ADEFGHIJKLOPRSTUWY!@#$%^&*()_+{}|:

which should have looked like this:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!@#$%^&*()_+{}|:"<>? 

It might probably unfixable by software and I may need to return it to store.

On 4.06.2018 г. at 6:29 PM, Pio Soesetio said:

I recently bought an ASUS TUF FX504 with an i7 8750h. The first time i ran cinebench (cpu) it has a 900+ score. Note that the first time i run cinebench i don't have any programs like intel xtu, throttlestop, cpuz, etc, just brand new out of the box with nothing installed. The next time i run it came out with only 750 ish score. I monitored the cpu and it was only running at 2.2 Ghz. This was n't caused by thermal throttling, because the cpu's temperatures were really low, only 55-60 celsius under full load. I opened intel xtu and noticed that it has a power limit throttling. And in throttlestop it shows that one of its limits is PL2. I tried undervolting the cache and the cpu core which resulted in an increase to the cpu frequency to 2.5-2.6 Ghz when running cinebench. Same case like before, thermals are not a problem, still hitting 55-60 celsius. Undervolting the cpu cache increases the cpu frequency, while the core clock doesn't do much, but i can only do it until a certain point. The power limit throttling is still there and i think it is the one that is causing the cpu frequency to be so low. Another thing that i noticed is that when the cpu is running all cores at 100% load, the pacakge tdp is only 25W despite the rated tdp at 45W. Changing the package power limit also didn't help. I changed it to 70W but it only reaches a max of 25W TDP when running cinebench. Btw, the cpu can still run up to 4 Ghz in daily tasks where the cpu load is pretty low. Please help me out. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture11.PNG

Capture11111.PNG

Capture123213.PNG

1123.PNG

12312321.PNG

1232142145.PNG

Capture.PNG

1231245124.PNG

Go into power options, select high performance, processor power management and on minimum processor state on plugged in type 100 % apply and you are ready.

• 2 weeks later...

same thing happens to me sometimes with throttlestop restart computer and select another mode "performance, game, internet etc. from the upper left from throttlestop

I have a model configured as an i5 8300h and a gtx 1050ti. I am pretty much seeing the same results as you all. Will try turning 9ff overboost and let you know.

Here are my findings:

When I turn on the fan to overboost mode, I notice that the frame rates are good with intermittent power limit throttling as usual.

When I reduce the fan speed to silent mode, I notice that the power limit throttling is no longer present, but this gives rise to Motherboard VR Throttling, and the frame rates go very low.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, SurajPai said:

I have a model configured as an i5 8300h and a gtx 1050ti. I am pretty much seeing the same results as you all. Will try turning 9ff overboost and let you know.

Can i know what benchmarks scores u get wiht that i5? Especially cinebnech

2 hours ago, Pio Soesetio said:

Here you go...

Capture.PNG

On 8/9/2018 at 8:47 PM, SurajPai said:

Here you go...

Capture.PNG

whoa,the cpu is almost same result with me eventhough mine is i7-8750H, the power limit throttling sure is too much

40 minutes ago, aminnur said:

whoa,the cpu is almost same result with me eventhough mine is i7-8750H, the power limit throttling sure is too much

I have to say I ran it after a cold start. After some time, the scores fall very low

On 8/9/2018 at 4:06 PM, Pio Soesetio said:

When you tried undervolting, does the same preset work for all the titles? I am finding some titles (Arkham Knight) do not face the issue anymore, while others (NFS Payback) still do.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:13 PM, The Tiger said:

Ok guys... I solved the problem! 

Apparently the CPU turboboost caused my fps drops because of high temperature. Now I disabled it and all games it's working good:D 

Is the fps now stable in games after your fix?????? 

Can anyone confirm that the laptop now reaches 3.9 GHz during games. Also do games exhibit stuttering after the bios update??? 

On 7/15/2018 at 6:34 AM, The Tiger said:

Ok... just undervolted my CPU and the score is this: 

Screenshot_9.png

what software u use to undervolt and how much to undervolt?

On 8/11/2018 at 1:11 AM, aminnur said:

Looks like your unit is faulty, an i7 8750h should reach 950-1100 score, my tuf fx504 with i7 8750h reached 1115 in cinebench. Go tweak some settings and if it doesn't help, complain.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:10 PM, Prajjawal1301 said:

Can anyone confirm that the laptop now reaches 3.9 GHz during games. Also do games exhibit stuttering after the bios update??? 

Yes it does reach 3.9 Ghz. It can even reaach 4 Ghz in games. It reached 3.9 Ghz at all cores with 100% load when rendering videos. About the stuterring, i don't really know, maybe a bios update fixed it but i fixed mine with some undervolting on the gpu and it runs well and temps are really cool, only reached 70 celsius after hours of gaming.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:55 AM, SurajPai said:

When you tried undervolting, does the same preset work for all the titles? I am finding some titles (Arkham Knight) do not face the issue anymore, while others (NFS Payback) still do.

It works on all. Just make sure that the undervolt is stable.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:10 PM, Prajjawal1301 said:

Btw, forgot to mention, my bios version is 311

1 hour ago, Pio Soesetio said:

Btw, forgot to mention, my bios version is 311

Sorry for the noob question here, but how did you get it? Even the asus website shows 310.

3 hours ago, Pio Soesetio said:

Looks like your unit is faulty, an i7 8750h should reach 950-1100 score, my tuf fx504 with i7 8750h reached 1115 in cinebench. Go tweak some settings and if it doesn't help, complain.

i dont think so ,probably because of the power throttling issue,because somehow, i manage to get 980 score yesterday at 2.85ghz,