Insistent chkdsk scan requests

tinpanalley

I have two Windows installs running fine on the same desktop, I'm trying to figure out what method to use to get a UI for picking one at bootup (EasyBCD, etc) but that's a separate issue. Now, obviously BOTH Windows installs regardless of which I'm using have access to the storage drives I keep in the system but they have different letters when in either OS. Is that why Windows keeps asking for a chkdsk scan at each startup? I can't figure out why this is happening. All the drives are healthy, in good condition as per CrystalDisk. Could it be having installed OneDrive to sync with each C drive in its respective OS and then OneDrive getting confused about why there is another OneDrive on the system somewhere else? But they're separate installs, one should have nothing to do with the other right? And when one C drive is booted, then the other is just another drive, isn't it?

43 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

I have two Windows installs running fine on the same desktop, I'm trying to figure out what method to use to get a UI for picking one at bootup (EasyBCD, etc) but that's a separate issue. Now, obviously BOTH Windows installs regardless of which I'm using have access to the storage drives I keep in the system but they have different letters when in either OS. Is that why Windows keeps asking for a chkdsk scan at each startup? I can't figure out why this is happening. All the drives are healthy, in good condition as per CrystalDisk. Could it be having installed OneDrive to sync with each C drive in its respective OS and then OneDrive getting confused about why there is another OneDrive on the system somewhere else? But they're separate installs, one should have nothing to do with the other right? And when one C drive is booted, then the other is just another drive, isn't it?

You have both windows installs on the same drive? What version of Windows are you running and did you partition the drive or did you let Windows do it?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Razor Blade said:

You have both windows installs on the same drive? What version of Windows are you running and did you partition the drive or did you let Windows do it?

On the same desktop, not the same drive. Two completely separate SSDs. One was installed, it was removed for the installation of the second. They are 10 and 7. (please dont ask why I need Windows 7, remind me it sucks, ask me why I dont use VM, etc, it's just what I have to run)