The $2,000 PC Case that SHOULDN'T Exist - MBX MKII

This was an absolutely fantastic video to watch!! Loved the production values on it.  

The content too was amazing, that case is a work of art. Well done all! 

Considering that I'm broke af, there's no way in hell I'd afford the case. 

However, as it has been said by other members, this case is work of art.

You might not need $20k Private Stock PRS for playing in your cover band, but owning it would be a dream come true for most of people out there. I feel it's the same for this case.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 5:07 PM, Egg-Roll said:

Loved the video and the case, but why does Linus keep saying optical drives are dead? For games/software and OS sure, but until a good cheap reliable bluray player(I've yet to see a good one under $100) comes on the market, or USBs take over (maybe in 10 years) a computer is still the best bluray player out there.

CD and DVD drives are technically dead tho.

Blueray player you mean physical movies correct? I bought a dvd once and a cd once.

to err is human, to really mess things up requires an IP.

4 hours ago, rcorkum said:

Blueray player you mean physical movies correct? I bought a dvd once and a cd once.

Not everyone has a good internet speed for a good price, while I doubt what you said is even remotely true unless you're like 10 years old, online services have no legal obligation towards you or what you "own" on their servers if they go under. Basically if iTunes stops servicing movies or if Disney/Apple/Walmart/etc ever where to go under and no one takes over their services you lose what you own. By buying Blurays/DVDs you own them for as long as the discs stay playable, online playback is just a perk.

Fantastic video, really interesting to hear the back story of this case and how it has come to market, music choice was fantastic any idea where the music is from or a link to it? 

Can we get a full spec list? I'm looking for the exact tube/pipe they used....

13 hours ago, rcorkum said:

I was in a corner store convience store and gas station today to grab a water and chips to see the Lemmings go home at rush hour, and that store still had physical movie rentals, and we are talking minimum $500,000 homes in every direction of the store for a mile or so before the poor houses come into effect.

On 5/22/2018 at 2:30 PM, AnonymousGuy said:

I spent $120 on my last case...and it looks better than this one that costs 10x as much.

For fucks sake this shit doesn't even use tempered glass on the window.  Yes please, I'd like my $1300 case to use a material that scratches by looking at it and also appears in $25 cases.

Topload slim drive?  What is this 2008?  

Not quite your standard $25-case-treatment of acrylic in the MKII's side panel windows.

But it may be worth noting that mod-one.com is taking advance orders for a VistaView Tempered Glass Side Panel Set.  Not really sure what the "VistaView" name/qualifier refers to, why that makes it great, etc.  (Does anyone here know?)  But it's pretty clear that tempered glass panels are on the way.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/23/2018 at 9:30 AM, AnonymousGuy said:

I spent $120 on my last case...and it looks better than this one that costs 10x as much.

For fucks sake this shit doesn't even use tempered glass on the window.  Yes please, I'd like my $1300 case to use a material that scratches by looking at it and also appears in $25 cases.

Topload slim drive?  What is this 2008?  

you lack the class to appreciate such a case 0.0