Trouble Connecting Mac and PC via Thunderbolt

Procktopia

I installed a Thunderbolt 3 card on my Windows 10 PC, and it works fine if I plug in a USB-C external hard drive.  I've got a Mac Pro 2013 and I connect the TB2 port from my Mac to the TB3 port on the PC using a TB2->3 adapter.  That's as far as it will work, though. 

I'm trying to get the Mac to see the PC as if it were an external hard drive.  I've got it set up like that through ethernet, and it works perfectly, but I'm being stumped by the Thunderbolt.  I've spent almost 3 full days on this, getting nowhere.  What do I do?

How do you expect them to communicate?

Afaik there's no protocol that they both support and works over thunderbolt.

Ethernet works because you probably created SMB shares and both systems can handle that because they support the SMB-protocol.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I did create an SMB connection through the ethernet.  

The Intel Thunderbolt White Paper says that connecting Mac to PC is possible.  Here's what it says:

Peer-to-Peer communication is supported on OS X Mavericks version 10.9.2 and beyond, which enables Ethernet network communication over Thunderbolt with any other Apple or Windows computer that deploys a Thunderbolt 2 port. If connecting to a Windows computer, Thunderbolt Software package 2.5 or above must be installed to use Thunderbolt Networking. On Mac OS, the configuration for ThunderboltTM networking can be found under System Preferences -> Network, and is named Thunderbolt Bridge.

Note:   To be able to communicate with another Windows computer through ThunderboltTM networking, the Apple computer should share the same subnet as the other computer. In a multiple communication environment, Apple computers act as bridges. Therefore any computer in a networking chain that is Apple should have the same subnets as its connected peers.