I3 8100 with 1050ti will it bottleneck?

Go to solution Solved by App4that,
Just now, Streetguru said:

Either you have the better upgrade path with AM4, or you save a fair amount of cash until next gen GPUs are out, makes sense to me if GPU pricing is crazy in his area.

AM4 doesn't have a better upgrade path, not for gaming anyway. A 1050ti is no joke, and hasn't been hit as hard with pricing in most areas. If you're a 1080p gamer the APU is going to be a major limitation. 

Tharmaltech lite power 450w is it ok for power delivery?

The only bottleneck will be the 1050ti on the i3, however that psu is not of the best quality and I would recommend upgrading that in the future

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 minutes ago, lionsland said:

The only bottleneck will be the 1050ti on the i3, however that psu is not of the best quality and I would recommend upgrading that in the future

There actually won't be much of a bottleneck. The Coffee Lake i3s are Quad core CPU, equivalent to last gen i5s. They seem to be a good match. The PSU is definitely not the best, and I would consider using different one.

12 minutes ago, utsas_reza said:

Tharmaltech lite power 450w is it ok for power delivery?

Do you already own the hardware?

If not just buy an R3 2200G and wait for better GPU prices or next gen GPUs. it'll be alright for 1080p gaming.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

The pair will do fine together. Give them 8GB of ram and you have a decent computer, not the best though.

The power supply, meh, it'll do fine but you will want to be safe and upgrade to a better one.

hi.

4 hours ago, utsas_reza said:

In this configuration the gpu would be the bottleneck rather than the cpu.

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Do you already own the hardware?

If not just buy an R3 2200G and wait for better GPU prices or next gen GPUs. it'll be alright for 1080p gaming.

I'm Intel lover ?

3 hours ago, utsas_reza said:

I'm Intel lover ?

That doesn't make any sense man.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Neither does saying they should get a slower Ryzen CPU with a much slower APU. 

OP, no bottleneck, awesome combo. As others have pointed out a Coffee Lake i3 is a previous i5. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Neither does saying they should get a slower Ryzen CPU with a much slower APU. 

Either you have the better upgrade path with AM4, or you save a fair amount of cash until next gen GPUs are out, makes sense to me if GPU pricing is crazy in his area.

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

AM4 doesn't have a better upgrade path, not for gaming anyway. A 1050ti is no joke, and hasn't been hit as hard with pricing in most areas. If you're a 1080p gamer the APU is going to be a major limitation. 

37 minutes ago, App4that said:

The dude said he wants a 1050ti and only the 1080ti is overkill for am4 at 1080p. Am4 is better.

6 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

The dude said he wants a 1050ti and only the 1080ti is overkill for am4 at 1080p. Am4 is better.

Not really. For gaime the 1151v2 offers a better upgrade path. Not only do you get Coffee lake, but the upcoming 10nm Cannon Lake. On AM4 Ryzen 2 is still behind Coffee Lake in pure gaming performance. Zen 2 "might" catch the AM4 socket up, but then you have Cannon Lake that "could" pull ahead again.

So looking to the future, it's anyone guess what will happen. Looking at right now Coffee Lake is the pure gaming performance winner. As a owner of both a AM4 and Coffee lake build, Coffee Lake is miles ahead in stability for daily tasks. Instantlly noticable going between them. Zen 2 might help fix that, but this is 2018, not 2019. 

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

Intel isn't going to be matching AMD's pricing though, more than likely the Coffee Lake 8 core ends up at like $399 vs the $299 AMD offers it for.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Intel isn't going to be matching AMD's pricing though, more than likely the Coffee Lake 8 core ends up at like $399 vs the $299 AMD offers it for.

Pricing goes back and forth. Value is based on what you do. Neither is a bad option, no one streaming will have a bad time with a 8700k as no one gaming will have a bad time with a 2700X.

Issue here is personal preference, and the OP made their's known. 

23 minutes ago, App4that said:

Not really. For gaime the 1151v2 offers a better upgrade path. Not only do you get Coffee lake, but the upcoming 10nm Cannon Lake. On AM4 Ryzen 2 is still behind Coffee Lake in pure gaming performance. Zen 2 "might" catch the AM4 socket up, but then you have Cannon Lake that "could" pull ahead again.

So looking to the future, it's anyone guess what will happen. Looking at right now Coffee Lake is the pure gaming performance winner. As a owner of both a AM4 and Coffee lake build, Coffee Lake is miles ahead in stability for daily tasks. Instantlly noticable going between them. Zen 2 might help fix that, but this is 2018, not 2019. 

Intel will release another 14nm refresh for the 9th gen series.(Jesus Christ for how long are they going to recycle skylake?)

So 1151v2 is already dead. But am4 might die as well because people blame amd for their 2nd gen ryzen not working with b350 mobos. This poor guy who posted this topic still hasn't his question awnsered :) Get what you like man! You cant go wrong with any of these 2 cpus!

4 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

Intel will release another 14nm refresh for the 9th gen series.(Jesus Christ for how long are they going to recycle skylake?)

So 1151v2 is already dead. But am4 might die as well because people blame amd for their 2nd gen ryzen not working with b350 mobos. This poor guy who posted this topic still hasn't his question awnsered :) Get what you like man! You cant go wrong with any of these 2 cpus!

Cannon Lake is 10nm, it's already been confirmed my friend. Intel polishing the 14nm process is why Intel beats AMD in gaming. I don't look at my PC and go "man I'm so glad it's using Xnm!", I game on it. I'm happy when I get the performance I want, that's still true for my 4790k which is at 22nm. 

Op wanted to know if they had a bottleneck, that was answered right away. But, we can't let anyone not buy AMD, right? 

2 hours ago, App4that said:

Cannon Lake is 10nm, it's already been confirmed my friend. Intel polishing the 14nm process is why Intel beats AMD in gaming. I don't look at my PC and go "man I'm so glad it's using Xnm!", I game on it. I'm happy when I get the performance I want, that's still true for my 4790k which is at 22nm. 

Op wanted to know if they had a bottleneck, that was answered right away. But, we can't let anyone not buy AMD, right? 

i still like the team purple processors!

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

I don't like amd apu ?

41 minutes ago, App4that said:

I forgot to tell you that I'm using an i5 2500k. I'm making fun of intel because it isnt a bottleneck to my 1080ti lightning, making an upgrade useless, proving how useless they were in the last 7 years.

(I max out even the settings with big hit on performance but low gain in quality)

1 minute ago, TheSponyX said:

I forgot to tell you that I'm using an i5 2500k. I'm making fun of intel because it isnt a bottleneck to my 1080ti lightning, making an upgrade useless, proving how useless they were in the last 7 years.

(I max out even the settings with big hit on performance but low gain in quality)

Have you stopped to question why you think offering you a CPU of that level of value, is a bad thing? My 1700X is being replace already by other owners, that's 380 bucks for a year of relevence. 

Why do people want their CPU to only last a year or two? I have a 4790k I use in the HTPC, and a 8700K in the main rig. let me tell you in VR and production the 8700k curb stomps the 4790k, as it does my 1700X as well. But just doing 4k gaming and desktop stuff my 4790k is still a champ, that's a good thing, not something to be mad at Intel for.

My god, if PC guys were car guys they'd want their cards to fall apart after a year LOL

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Have you stopped to question why you think offering you a CPU of that level of value, is a bad thing? My 1700X is being replace already by other owners, that's 380 bucks for a year of relevence. 

Why do people want their CPU to only last a year or two? I have a 4790k I use in the HTPC, and a 8700K in the main rig. let me tell you in VR and production the 8700k curb stomps the 4790k, as it does my 1700X as well. But just doing 4k gaming and desktop stuff my 4790k is still a champ, that's a good thing, not something to be mad at Intel for.

My god, if PC guys were car guys they'd want their cards to fall apart after a year LOL

You got it wrong, I'm not mad because the 2500k is a fantastic cpu, I'm mad because in 7 years I can't get more than 10% better performance from a new one.

1 hour ago, utsas_reza said:

I don't like amd apu ?

Well can you tell me how close the R5 1400 price is to the i3 8100? It's pretty close in the US at least, and that gives you a 4 core/8 thread CPU vs a 4c/4t CPU. Like a $20-30 USD difference here.

As for the GPU, is the GTX 1050ti priced normally for your area? Or is it heavily overpriced? As if it's overpriced, new GPUs are coming in a few short months, and you end up getting more performance for your money, say GTX 1060 performance or better at the same price point, or rather the normal price point...

What's the price difference on the RX 560/GTX 1050 vs the 1050ti?

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, TheSponyX said:

You got it wrong, I'm not mad because the 2500k is a fantastic cpu, I'm mad because in 7 years I can't get more than 10% better performance from a new one.

Not true, use both and you'd see that. Also at the edge of what is responsible. 

Long story I'd rather not bore the OP with, but take it from a computer science major that's already 80k in the hole on an education. Neither Intel not AMD have done anything wrong. Performace wise they've made the same advances, if either was to say triple their performace the impact to the consumer would be completely negutive. But Neither is holding back, nor are they beating the other. 

As enthusiast shiny things catch our attention. Hype is fun. End of the day things happen for a reason though. 

6 hours ago, TheSponyX said:

and only the 1080ti is overkill for am4 at 1080p

My stock Founders Edition GTX 1070 was being held back by my R5-1600X overclocked to 4.0 GHz in a lot of games. Was pretty annoying to be at ~20 fps in a Guild Wars 2 world event like Tequatl or the Shatterer, which wasn't any better than my eight-year-old i7-980X at 4.0 GHz; or hitting 40 fps or so dips during the Leviathan raid in Destiny 2 while my friends on cheaper Intel CPUs were well over 60 with the same graphics card.

It was really only the well-optimized, heavily multi-threaded ones like Overwatch and Doom that were getting most out of my GPU when I was on Ryzen.

That said, Ryzen+ is much better in this regard due to better memory support and reduced cache and inter-CCX latencies.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060