Xbox One S 27" Monitor

Hi, 

Would anyone be able to help with my dilemma, I have an Xbox One S that I usually play on my TV but getting a small set up in the spare bedroom so I can play more without the Mrs moaning ?

So I'm thinking of getting a monitor and now the S supports 1440 and freesync what are good monitors under £250 as I'm struggling to know what's good and what's not and is 1440 worth getting over 1080? And is freesync any good on the xbox? 

1ms would be great and although the xbox only allows 60hz I don't mind of its higher as I'm looking to build/buy a PC at some point

Thanks in advance for any help ??

I don't think any 1440p monitors freesync monitors are under 250

There are ones for 1080 however

My life

freesync doesn't work on xbox

get 1440p 27" freesync with IPS 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Himommies, I have seen a couple but not sure what they are like due to mixed reviews ?

Themctipers, the update is either just come out or part of the next update due any time now that allows 1440 and freesync on xbox one s and x. 

Do people tend to go IPS over TN as I know most IPS are 5ms instead of the 1ms TN

18 minutes ago, themctipers said:

freesync doesn't work on xbox

https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-s-and-one-x-are-getting-amd-freesync-2-support/

Anyways, this looks like your cheapest option from what i can find on PCpartpicker after a quick search https://pcpartpicker.com/product/t4Crxr/acer-monitor-umhg0aa001

If you want to buy an Nvidia GPU, there's a kickass deal on a Dell TN display with 165Hz refresh rate.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

16 minutes ago, Witton7117 said:

Do people tend to go IPS over TN as I know most IPS are 5ms instead of the 1ms TN

If you wanted to go competitive gaming the TN will be an absolute choice for that case of gaming, but as far as tech goes "true" 1ms displays hasn't existed yet

5ms is still not that bad but it is more of a casual gaming

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

They both say WQHD, but only the second one says 1440p in the tech specs, so I'd pic that up, even though it's red.

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

1 hour ago, toobladink said:

They both say WQHD, but only the second one says 1440p in the tech specs, so I'd pic that up, even though it's red.

The grey one is 1440 it's just Amazon putting the incorrect description. 

Do you know if these are good screens? 

10 hours ago, toobladink said:

I don't have any experience with them, but they look like they'll do the job to me!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, Witton7117 said:

The grey one is 1440 it's just Amazon putting the incorrect description. 

Do you know if these are good screens? 

Just FYI guys, if you hit the backwards looking arrow button under a post or you drop a tag @toobladink, @Witton7117 then the person yore talking to you will receive a notification that you've responded to them.

For the original question: I would go for an IPS panel unless you're going high refresh rate. It depends what kind of PC you're going to be building.

The whole 1ms vs 5ms thing is BS, it's marketed to seem like input delay, which it isn't. What you're actually looking at is the time it takes for the pixels to change colour. So a lower number will mean less ghosting. 5ms is fine, it's only really an issue on crappy screens with like 40ms and the better colours from an IPS will be much more noticeable than a very tiny amount less ghosting  

That's an F in the profile pic