Are there any Non-TN <€120 monitors?

Viktory

Looking to upgrade my monitor to something decently sized (22"+) and non TN, mostly to be used for gaming but I would prefer image quality over response time. Living in central Europe and going to see these monitors is not really an option.

I doubt it, I live in the UK and had a look a while back and the cheapest IPS, PLS monitor I could see was around the £400 mark. It was an ASUS something, not sure on the model sorry. Linus has some brilliant videos if you need any recommendations.

Current Rig:

Case: CM Storm Mid Tower | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V CPU: Intel i7 (1155) 2600k @ 3.4GHz | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU:  XFX HD Radeon XXX DD 6870 | Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX  | Power Suply: OCZ 1000W  |  Boot Drive: 2 x WD Raptors 300GB in Raid 0 | Storage: Samsung SpinPoint T3 1TB | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit 

Project Zero (In Progress)

Case: Silverstone TJ07 I Motherboard: MSI z87-G45 Gaming | CPU: Intel i5-4570k | Ram: Ballistix Tracer DDR3 4x4GB GPU: 2X MSI R9 290X 4GB (x-fire) Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W | Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Cooling: Custom loop (cpu+gpu's)

#killedmywife

Here you go my friend:

http://www.amazon.fr/LG-IPS224V-PN-Moniteur-HDMI-1920/dp/B0081Y2IHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357512153&sr=8-1

This is a link to the Amazon Fr website, but I'm sure pricing across the Euro zone will be fairly similar.

The cheaper LG IPS monitors are well regarded as excellent choices for a budget monitor.

Hope that helps!

You were a noob once too!

Thanks for your replies I will take a look at a few of the lg ips monitors.

The LG's look like great choices and are definatly my first but i simply cannot find them anywhere, does anyone have any other recommendations?

TN panels are what you want for gaming. Your other options are IPS and VA panels, both of which have slow response times and ghosting issues..

So you have to pick; do you want gaming performance or better image quality? You can rarely have both and it normally costs quite a lot for the privilege.

Windspeed, I would like to point out that IPS panels nowadays do not have ghosting or slow response times. That is the past. I have a dell monitor with an IPS panel that has an 8ms delay and i have not noticed any ghosting whatsoever, and it's right next to a 2ms TN panel.

The Philips 227E3QPHSU is a cheap 22 inch IPS monitor, if you can find it there.

Honestly, if you want a proper IPS panel, be ready to shell out at least 150 euros if you can't find the cheaper LG ones.

IPS don't have ghosting or response time issues since 2007 (if he consider affordable models). Get with the time.

IPS panels have a very close response time to TN panels.

Here is a 2009 monitor, Dell U2410 with 6ms response time, compared to a lower resolution (so, it should be faster), ViewSonic, 1ms response time monitor. Both 60Hz.

(pictures from TFTCentral, an in depth monitor review site)

viewsonic_vx2739wm.jpg

dell_u2410.jpg

As you can see, the U2410 is a bit faster, despite the claims.

And that is considering that the ViewSonic is a basic TN panel monitor, without nothing special, while the U2410 has a color processor, and Look Up Table, both of which slows things down.

Fast response time means no ghosting.