Evil Elegance - A NVC build (No visible cables)

6 hours ago, Ginger_ said:

This isn't the most popular sub forum. Nothing wrong with it, and no one here discriminates new from old users, there's just not a lot of traffic through here. 

Actually, seeing from how little users browse this sub, do you know any other forums with more traffic?

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

2 hours ago, matias_a_etersen said:

Actually, seeing from how little users browse this sub, do you know any other forums with more traffic?

Reddit is pretty huge but toxic. I think Tom's Hardware has a forum but I don't know how big it is. 

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Ok last update.  Sometime next week will be the reveal.  Trust me, it will look different than even what has been seen, it will look much cleaner.  As that was the goal, super super clean and lit up nicely.  

I kind of finished all the tube routing. There was only big problem that occured, ill explain below.

Here is an overview of the basement

Click image for larger version  Name: full basement.JPG Views: 2 Size: 2.11 MB ID: 165977

Here is the first 3 tube runs I did, they went flawlessly, and fast and easy, even with the limited spatial access. Soft tubes way easier. Goes from res to pump.

Click image for larger version  Name: pump close.JPG Views: 2 Size: 1.70 MB ID: 165969

Here is The rad to GPUs Top close up. This was some tight spaces, but only that 1-2 inch run gave me any trouble, I had to extend the fittings farther down to make it work. I hate short runs, there is no give, its hard with short or long tubes, when you only have an inch or two of tubing to use.

Click image for larger version  Name: rad top close.JPG Views: 2 Size: 1.70 MB ID: 165993

Here is where they connect to the rad for a bottom shot.

Click image for larger version  Name: rad bottom close.JPG Views: 2 Size: 2.17 MB ID: 165985

Ok here is where I encountered a problem. I spent 3 hours trying to get these tubes connected. They look connected, but there not secured tightly. For these 4 fittings, I used a different brand than XSPC. I used Touchaquana. I got them because they are DIRT cheap but you get what you pay for. I used some Touchaquana extenders, and they worked fine, but they suck at compression fittings. First they were hard to get the tube onto, but the main problem is the compression ring will not secure all the way on. I just cant have that, secure fittings is the main concern when looking for a good fitting. After hours of trying I only got 1 of the 4 to secure, so I just ordered some more XSPC fittings which worked great. I will have to redo these top runs. 

Click image for larger version  Name: top close.JPG Views: 1 Size: 1.47 MB ID: 166001

Dont buy these ever to save money, i mean get barrow if you want a cheaper fitting, at least barrow fittings work..

Click image for larger version  Name: 2018-04-27 11_30_35-Amazon.com_ Touchaqua G1_4_ Compression Fitting for 3_8_ ID, 5_8_ OD Soft Tu.png Views: 1 Size: 412.1 KB ID: 166025

7 hours ago, vegaspimp22 said:

Ok last update.  Sometime next week will be the reveal.  Trust me, it will look different than even what has been seen, it will look much cleaner.  As that was the goal, super super clean and lit up nicely.  

I kind of finished all the tube routing. There was only big problem that occured, ill explain below.

Here is an overview of the basement

When I see yours I wish I had gone with soft tubes in the basement too, damn it would have been easy and way way cheaper.... I hope I can finish the water tomorrow and crossing fingers for no leaks in my setup.

My Gaming PC: 27833

So I finished my build on sunday. Started to prep for taking final pictures while also getting all the protective paper off and ready to start filling it up with water. And. It. Started. Leaking. I have never had a leak before. Thank god it wasnt over my mobo and it was not near equipment cause it was coming out fast. Although if the leak was any other tube it would have been easy to fix. Of course it leaked on the HARDEST tube to install. A tube that took me hours to get in. The 1 inch tube. There is just NO ROOM TO Maneuver. 

I dont know how to fix it either, im at my wits end, and so close to finishing and so ready to just give up. I tried fittings only, and it didnt work. I tried a 1" tube and that didnt work. I dont know how to fix it...... I HATE SHORT TUBE RUNS 1" or so. 

I think the tube might have been too short maybe? Again, the lip is just too hard to get it past if its any longer. I cant put too much force or risk breaking the tubing or res bracket thats just got 1 super tiny screw holding it onto the already brittle acrylic backplate. Should I do just the res parts soft tubing? Thats the only thing I can think of......Maybe a short soft tube run will go on easier?

The leak

Click image for larger version  Name: image_6546160 (1).JPG Views: 0 Size: 1.88 MB ID: 169889

The problem

Click image for larger version  Name: wont fit.png Views: 0 Size: 1.32 MB ID: 169897

Any suggestions?

On 4/27/2018 at 6:50 PM, AT0MAC said:

When I see yours I wish I had gone with soft tubes in the basement too, damn it would have been easy and way way cheaper.... I hope I can finish the water tomorrow and crossing fingers for no leaks in my setup.

see my last post........

2 hours ago, vegaspimp22 said:

So I finished my build on sunday. Started to prep for taking final pictures while also getting all the protective paper off and ready to start filling it up with water. And. It. Started. Leaking. I have never had a leak before. Thank god it wasnt over my mobo and it was not near equipment cause it was coming out fast. Although if the leak was any other tube it would have been easy to fix. Of course it leaked on the HARDEST tube to install. A tube that took me hours to get in. The 1 inch tube. There is just NO ROOM TO Maneuver. 

I dont know how to fix it either, im at my wits end, and so close to finishing and so ready to just give up. I tried fittings only, and it didnt work. I tried a 1" tube and that didnt work. I dont know how to fix it...... I HATE SHORT TUBE RUNS 1" or so. 

I think the tube might have been too short maybe? Again, the lip is just too hard to get it past if its any longer. I cant put too much force or risk breaking the tubing or res bracket thats just got 1 super tiny screw holding it onto the already brittle acrylic backplate. Should I do just the res parts soft tubing? Thats the only thing I can think of......Maybe a short soft tube run will go on easier?

Any suggestions?

I know it is not preferable, but if all the things you tried indeed does not work.. I would recommend removing the pass through fitting and get a long extender which then can pass through the hole. Then you can connect it again.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

30 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

I know it is not preferable, but if all the things you tried indeed does not work.. I would recommend removing the pass through fitting and get a long extender which then can pass through the hole. Then you can connect it again.

thanks! I was considering that, it would just have a wider than tube gap to somehow fill in.  But omg, guess what!  

Someone on reddit recomended this item below, I didnt even know such a thing existed!!! In all my years I have NEVER heard of such a thing! Im so stoked to try it i ordered 2 sizes to be overnighted, so I should know tomorow how it works!!! I have heard good things!

Click image for larger version  Name: 2018-04-30 12_48_58-Amazon.com_ Barrow G1_4_ Adjustable Aqua Link Pipe (41-69mm), Black_ Compute.png Views: 4 Size: 163.2 KB ID: 169969

ITS RETRACTABLE OR EXTENDABLE! how in the world does that work? That is amazing.  

47 minutes ago, vegaspimp22 said:

thanks! I was considering that, it would just have a wider than tube gap to somehow fill in.  But omg, guess what!  

Someone on reddit recomended this item below, I didnt even know such a thing existed!!! In all my years I have NEVER heard of such a thing! Im so stoked to try it i ordered 2 sizes to be overnighted, so I should know tomorow how it works!!! I have heard good things!

Click image for larger version  Name: 2018-04-30 12_48_58-Amazon.com_ Barrow G1_4_ Adjustable Aqua Link Pipe (41-69mm), Black_ Compute.png Views: 4 Size: 163.2 KB ID: 169969

ITS RETRACTABLE OR EXTENDABLE! how in the world does that work? That is amazing.  

Hmm don't get too excited. I once had one from alphacool and it immediately started leaking. Is the hole really too small for a regular extender?

11 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

Hmm don't get too excited. I once had one from alphacool and it immediately started leaking. Is the hole really too small for a regular extender?

the problem is online only sells it in increments of 5's, and one in 7.5.  So 7.5,10,15,20,30,40,60.   So unless you have one that is exactly even increment, it wont fit.  I couldnt at least, I had x1- 7.5,    x 2-10's,     and    x1-15, and i couldnt get it to fit. .... so i dont know....I could try ordering a a few of 7.5's and that might work but it would suck to order a ton of fittings that might not work.   Although these telescopic ones might not work.  They have good reviews on amazon though....Only 1 bad review, and it said if you extend it all the way it leaks a little, but anything less than fully extended and it works.  That was 1 bad review ouf of 15.... So my hopes are kinda high

I have an extender, just a different length and from Thermaltake.

Had a problem similar to yours a while back on my build, actually now when you mention it, I don't think I shared anything about that piece, sorry m8.

pJBSJV.jpg

You can see it here, screw it in from both ends and then there in the middle there is like 3 o-rings and an adjustable "nut" to tighten them with when you get the right length.

I could seriously not fit my res and pump this way without, it's a very special type of fitting but it just works.

Bear in mind, it can not hold up much weight, else it's going to compress on itself and slide downwards.
I would imagine the Barrows are similar.

Thermaltake fittings are pretty expensive in my opinion, but damn the quality is top notch on the pieces I have from them, can only recommend it.

57 minutes ago, vegaspimp22 said:

the problem is online only sells it in increments of 5's, and one in 7.5.  So 7.5,10,15,20,30,40,60.   So unless you have one that is exactly even increment, it wont fit.  I couldnt at least, I had x1- 7.5,    x 2-10's,     and    x1-15, and i couldnt get it to fit. .... so i dont know....I could try ordering a a few of 7.5's and that might work but it would suck to order a ton of fittings that might not work.   Although these telescopic ones might not work.  They have good reviews on amazon though....Only 1 bad review, and it said if you extend it all the way it leaks a little, but anything less than fully extended and it works.  That was 1 bad review ouf of 15.... So my hopes are kinda high

Yeah that's annoying... hope it works out!

Ok this is Officially REALLY OFFICIALLY the final update. 

Expect pictures for final reveal on Friday, I need to take today and see if I can find or borrow a better than iphone camera, if I cant, oh well.  Iphone X takes really good pictures in the light, it just suffers a little in real low light scenarios.

So guess what? Im in love.  I fell in love with that barrow (or bitspower makes it too) expandable/retractable G 1/4 fitting.  It saved my ass, and fixed my leak, and my system is up and running!  It took a previously difficult 2 hour fitting install at the reservoir, and turned it into a super easy, leak proof, 5 min install.  I could not be happier with that fitting.  

Could not recommend to anyone any more than I am now.  It is AWESOME

The only problem I have now is GSKIL ram sucks. One of the sticks wont work. It has a mind of its own, and changes to whatever color it wants. Everything else works fine, all other lighting, including the other RAM stick, so I dont know what to do. I wish I could return it but its too late.

23 hours ago, vegaspimp22 said:

-snip-

Hyped for tomorrow more than Red Dead 2 ;P

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

2 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

thanks i just got back from the store, buying white and black backdrops for the pictures.  The build is actually nicer looking than most will assume.  I purposely have released very little in an effort to have it be a surprise at reveal.  In all honesty its going to be one of the cleanest case mods ever done.  There are alot of super clean mods out there, but none to this extent.  

Only thing im sad about, is I couldnt get a DSLR in time....Will have to use my Iphone, but at least its the newest Iphone X, and I unlocked full control of exposure ISo and focus.  Hopefully the pictures will give it a little bit of accurate representation, even though from being there in person, no camera on earth can represent like being in person does.

1 hour ago, vegaspimp22 said:

thanks i just got back from the store, buying white and black backdrops for the pictures.  The build is actually nicer looking than most will assume.  I purposely have released very little in an effort to have it be a surprise at reveal.  In all honesty its going to be one of the cleanest case mods ever done.  There are alot of super clean mods out there, but none to this extent.  

Only thing im sad about, is I couldnt get a DSLR in time....Will have to use my Iphone, but at least its the newest Iphone X, and I unlocked full control of exposure ISo and focus.  Hopefully the pictures will give it a little bit of accurate representation, even though from being there in person, no camera on earth can represent like being in person does.

I know the feeling, I have a rather good camera and still, It can't capture the "bling" my PC have in person, it looks like jewelry.

My lighting in the build is not done until I receive my last package, and I know the lighting alone will totally change the way it looks, hopefully people will then be able to see the vision I have had in mind since day 1, now 6 months ago I started planning and drawing the build.

20 hours ago, vegaspimp22 said:

-snip-

From whats been seen so far, it's going to be a great looking build!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

On 5/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

There heeeerrreeee

Ok here are the final pics, i think it came out great, but I built it how i wanted it, so of course im going to like it..... I hope others do to, remember I went for cleanliniess first, no cables, transistors, cap banks etc. to be visible, and I wanted hidden lights and skulls. Thats what i wanted.

Unfortunately I had to use an iphone....No DSLR. But I did go to alot of trouble to buy diffusers for some LEDs and also bought blackout paper for background. I did the best I could, and it sucks using iphone because the shots with NO outside light, all came out crappy, so I included only 1 shot with no room lighting...

My fav part, the floor, you can see it in the second pic, or the mobo armor, that took forevor and day.

Click image for larger version  Name: 1.JPG Views: 1 Size: 4.01 MB ID: 175641

Click image for larger version  Name: 2.5.jpg Views: 1 Size: 2.90 MB ID: 175721

Click image for larger version  Name: 2.JPG Views: 2 Size: 3.91 MB ID: 175649

Click image for larger version  Name: 3.JPG Views: 1 Size: 3.92 MB ID: 175657

Click image for larger version  Name: 4.JPG Views: 1 Size: 2.59 MB ID: 175665

Click image for larger version  Name: 5.JPG Views: 1 Size: 1.98 MB ID: 175673

Click image for larger version  Name: 6.JPG Views: 1 Size: 3.72 MB ID: 175681

Click image for larger version  Name: 7.JPG Views: 1 Size: 2.34 MB ID: 175689

Click image for larger version  Name: 8.JPG Views: 1 Size: 1.12 MB ID: 175697

Click image for larger version  Name: 9.JPG Views: 1 Size: 1.92 MB ID: 175705

Click image for larger version  Name: maybe2.JPG Views: 1 Size: 725.7 KB ID: 175713

On 4/26/2018 at 9:57 AM, vegaspimp22 said:

Hmmmm very few comments/views here, not sure if I'm too new here, or maybe just no one thinks this will turn out good?

Have you posted this on overclock.net? That's pretty much the de facto forum for build logs... :)

Anyway, nice build! This gives me hope of a nice V3000 build... Every build I've seen the fans look offset from the mesh opening... It seems like yours aren't! Nice job! :D

EDIT: Nevermind! I just put 2 and 2 together! I've been following your build there but hadn't seen a lot of the custom stuff you've made since! xD ;D

11 hours ago, levifig said:

Have you posted this on overclock.net? That's pretty much the de facto forum for build logs... :)

Anyway, nice build! This gives me hope of a nice V3000 build... Every build I've seen the fans look offset from the mesh opening... It seems like yours aren't! Nice job! :D

EDIT: Nevermind! I just put 2 and 2 together! I've been following your build there but hadn't seen a lot of the custom stuff you've made since! xD ;D

thanks, yea I had to make a custom rad mount, but you can buy one cheap 

https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Universal-RadStand-Radiator-Mounting/dp/B004KO9DA0

it fits any size, then you can move the fans to the front like I did

That is one SUPER sick stealth build there!  Love what you did with it and how it turned out.  That took a massive amount of effort, but it looks to have paid off in spades!

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W

This is absolutely amazing, the time and effort that has clearly gone into this shows! Dude you've just inspired me to make my next build like that. I'm loving it! 10/10 would drool again.

5 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

This is absolutely amazing, the time and effort that has clearly gone into this shows! Dude you've just inspired me to make my next build like that. I'm loving it! 10/10 would drool again.

please show me once you do, honesltly i was really hoping i could start a trend for others covering cables or motherboards for the ultimate clean look, its already kind of being adopted as ASUS armor boards are really taking off.   (But if you go armor route, its VERY labor intensive, not the cutting, but the measuring or template creation).  But yea I gots to see your next build