System Specs

Win 10 pro 64bit

i7 6700k @4.7ghz

16gb ddr4 @2133mhz

Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 980 4gb 

Sk Hynix 120gb SSD

Segate 1tb HDD

External WD 1tb HDD

I have never psoted in this section before but wouldn't be local electricity cost, etc. - as all income will depend on it - nice to know to make a suggestion?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I have never psoted in this section before but wouldn't be local electricity cost, etc. - as all income will depend on it - nice to know to make a suggestion?

im a teen saving for college so my parents will cover the power if the money going towards college (it is)

Then why don't they literally just give you the money that you would waste on power...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

From last I saw a 1070 brings in about $50/month so you're looking at probably a bit less than that, I would say in the $30-$40 a month range which I wouldn't consider worth it for 24/7 operation on a single card.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Sounds like a dick move, if you're not paying the bill for the electricity you shouldn't be mining, ask your parents for money instead.

Just now, Lurick said:

From last I saw a 1070 brings in about $50/month so you're looking at probably a bit less than that, I would say in the $30-$40 a month range which I wouldn't consider worth it for 24/7 operation on a single card.

this would be when i'm not using it like when i'm at school

1 minute ago, Sack said:

Sounds like a dick move, if you're not paying the bill for the electricity you shouldn't be mining, ask your parents for money instead.

well they said it's ok so i'm curios 

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Then why don't they literally just give you the money that you would waste on power...

my pc waste power anyway because i run it 24/7 as is 

1 minute ago, masterkickass7 said:

this would be when i'm not using it like when i'm at school

So then you're looking at even less than that. Probably in the $20 range.

I mean if you want to get started there are programs like NiceHash which will do most of the work for you in terms of what coin to mine, they do take a bit off the top though but it's easy to use and setup.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, masterkickass7 said:

my pc waste power anyway because i run it 24/7 as is 

A computer uses MUCH more power when it is mining than when it is sitting idle.

It does not magically produce virtual coins by doing no work.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

ok then i geuss ill just sell my 980 because i don't really game anymore if it's not good at mining

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

To put that into perspective for your rig you could be looking at a good 100W up from what idle is

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

6 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

ok then i geuss ill just sell my 980 because i don't really game anymore if it's not good at mining

That will probably net you more money rn, people are desperate for GPUs. You have to understand that mining coins isn't what it used to be 6-7 years ago, you can't just use one card and earn money, you'll lose money this way in today's market.

7 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

To put that into perspective for your rig you could be looking at a good 100W up from what idle is

More like 300-500

Spoiler