enthoo evolv TG vs view 71

pomkon

Which one is better?

assume price dif less then $10-20

Evolv is horrible at air flow. I have the non TG version. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. The View 71 is a middle of the road so would be a much better option to allow air flow IMO.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, pomkon said:

Which one is better?

Both are pretty poor when it comes to airflow, but the Evolv is by far the worse offender. If you're open to other suggestions I can offer input (your system build would help significantly in my recommendation) otherwise I'd go with the View 71

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 hours ago, pomkon said:

Which one is better?

If you plan to build with AIO cooler like Kraken X62, I'd say go for Evolv TG and ignore the weak airflow.

Nothing beats the elegant look of Evolv and that's what matters. 

View 71 ? No PSU Shroud in 2018 ? a big NO.

If you plan to go for custom loop , maybe it's better to get something else.

13 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

Nothing beats the elegant look of Evolv and that's what matters. 

A, Looks are subjective, so what's best to you is not best to someone else.

B, Factually speaking Cooling performance is the only thing that truly matters in a case from a fundamental performance standpoint, because it's the only feature of a case that actually impacts the rest of your system. You will still get the same render times with cable manged sleeved cables as you would with thrown together messy "ketchup and mustard cables" (video source here), your Air cooled GPU wont care if you have tempered glass (unless it's right up against it in a vertical position, thats a no-no since temperatures suffer) and your HDD drives dont care if your HDD cages are movable or modular. Yes, all of these things are very nice and features go a long way towards the overall value of a case, but at the end of the day, a PC case has two primary jobs; Holding all your PC stuff and keeping it all cool. 

You may confidently state opinions about your favorite case but please do not pass them off as facts.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

A, Looks are subjective, so what's best to you is not best to someone else.

B, Factually speaking Cooling performance is the only thing that truly matters in a case from a fundamental performance standpoint, because it's the only feature of a case that actually impacts the rest of your system. You will still get the same render times with cable manged sleeved cables as you would with thrown together messy "ketchup and mustard cables" (video source here), your Air cooled GPU wont care if you have tempered glass (unless it's right up against it in a vertical position, thats a no-no since temperatures suffer) and your HDD drives dont care if your HDD cages are movable or modular. Yes, all of these things are very nice and features go a long way towards the overall value of a case, but at the end of the day, a PC case has two primary jobs; Holding all your PC stuff and keeping it all cool. 

You may confidently state opinions about your favorite case but please do not pass them off as facts.

Well, I do agree airflow is important. There are people who look at Temp every 10 minutes, there are ppl who measure the temp in every corner of the case. I'm not that kind of person.

Let me tell you another fact: Computer hardware have much higher temperature tolarance.

Ask yourself this question: how many of your components died due to high temp ? For me: Not even one.

From my first Intel 386 25 years ago ( when ppl had no idea what good airflow is), I build about 9 or 10 PCs and I had only one case of failed PSU in my life.

You will still get the same render times with cable manged sleeved cables as you would with thrown together messy "ketchup and mustard cables" (video source here), your Air cooled GPU wont care if you have tempered glass (unless it's right up against it in a vertical position, thats a no-no since temperatures suffer) and your HDD drives dont care if your HDD cages are movable or modular.

It's your PC that you look at every day. You don't build a nice setup to put it in the corner. When I look for new case, these things are the first things I look at :

- Build quality ( material used, outlook)

- Cable management 

- Interior design

- Airflow comes last.

If you value high airflow over these things? In case you build one to last 10-15 years, and run it under extreme condition, I do agree airflow is crucial haha

By the way, with Evolv, my i5 8600k@ 5GHz idle temp is 35*C, my 1080 is @ 42*C

Under full load, CPU @ 65*C, 1080@ 70*C

To me, It's good enough. You probably get better temp than me, but I don't see why I should value airflow over aesthetic with my current setup.

4 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

If you value high airflow over these things? In case you build one to last 10-15 years, and run it under extreme condition, I do agree airflow is crucial haha

Or you have a Pascal card, and you want to run the highest clock you can. Then airflow is again, very important, since Pascal's GPU Boost 3.0 is sensitive to temperature.

At least for me, I aim for the highest clocks I reasonably can before focusing on aesthetics.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

10 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

Well, I do agree airflow is important. There are people who look at Temp every 10 minutes, there are ppl who measure the temp in every corner of the case. I'm not that kind of person.

Let me tell you another fact: Computer hardware have much higher temperature tolerance.

Computer parts have a relatively high temperature tolerance more so than they used to yes, but hotter components will still die sooner than cooler ones (barring any other adverse damage or factors relating to why CPU's and GPU's die) I'm not saying everyone should be aiming for below 70ºC at all times as I personally do because they can easily operate at 85ºC. 

20 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

It's your PC that you look at every day. You don't build a nice setup to put it in the corner. When I look for new case, these things are the first things I look at :

- Build quality ( material used, outlook)

- Cable management 

- Interior design

- Airflow comes last.

People put them in corners all the time, hell people put them under desks, behind things and in shelves to try and hide them. Half the time case threads here start off with"I want a minimalist case that wont stand out" but they still want a "Nice system". Nice system to them is hardware based; it performs nice (4k 60hz couch PC for a living room for example) This might be what you look at in order, but it's

Now I'm not an Airflow Nazi. I dont shun anyone who doesnt pick a Silverstone RL06 or Meshify C because Gamers Nexus showed them being the coolest performing cases. To me aesthetics ARE important! They're the whole reason I got into cases as a passion and enthusiast.

I love the look of the Enthoo Evolv as do many. It probably in many peoples opinion is the best looking case of 2015. 

I love the color options on the S340's, H700i and Fractal's budget Focus cases.

I love the universal layout of Phanteks's lineup (P400, Enthoo Pro M, Evolv all have nearly identical interiors)

I love the look (and proper function) of Corsair's 460x that shows off front fans

I love PSU shrouds that have cutouts to show off PSU brands.

I FRICKING LOVE SSD TRAYS ON THE SIDE OF PSU SHROUDS THEY'RE SO NICE!

Tempered Glass is so beautiful and I'm glad case manufactures are re-releasing cases with them,

In-versed motherboard trays like the Corsair 600C, Riotoro CR 1088 (one of the smallest ATX cases available) and the Dark base 700/900 that have the option to flip the tray.

TOOLESS HDD BAYS.

Rubber grommets; Rubber grommets everywhere.

Fractal Design's Balance of both silence and cooling in their Define Series while keeping a minimalist brushed aluminum front panel finish.

Cases like the Master Case 5T have vertical GPU arms to reduce sag.

The Cooler master H500P/H500M which return the 200mm fans in the front look so amazing! (They're fixing the airflow and quality issues of the first run)

The Dan A4/C4, Ncase M1 and Loque ghost mITX cases that are SUPER small and compact yet can hold the highest end hardware and a 240mm AIO. 

The Tower 900 that is absolutely massive and overkill in every way and can support almost literally anything 

Lain Li's PC-O5 through O7 that can be wall mounted and shown off!

In Win's 805 Infinity with the Infinity pool front panel

Horizontal layouts like the Thermaltake Core X5 and my adorable Corsair 380T (Love this case!)

I could probably sit here and list features off like this for a while. Cases are unique and should be a reflection of one's own personal tastes and aesthetics. But as someone who people turn to for advice on cases, I try to offer suggestions that at least keep practicality in mind. The In Win 805 Infinity for example has the exact same issue as the Evolv, but even worse! An S340 or P400 is definitely not what I recommend to (as an example) a first time builder whos got loads of cash and wants to build an overkill 8700k and dual 1080ti's. And I'm certainly not going to recommend a case that costs more than the CPU (Would never recommend a G4600 or an R2200G with a H700i)

Sorry OP, we kinda hijacked the thread a bit :D 

30 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm not saying everyone should be aiming for below 70ºC at all times as I personally do because they can easily operate at 85ºC. 

Well, in this case, I'd say Evolv will fit the bill. I run a single gpu and I never seen temp reach 80 degree before.

After going all RGB, I get bored of it. I found that turning off all the led strips make the build look nicer.

Thinking of changing the case soon. Not because of airflow, but the new Define R6 seems fun to work with.

15 minutes ago, d3adc3II said:

Well, in this case, I'd say Evolv will fit the bill. I run a single gpu and I never seen temp reach 80 degree before.

After going all RGB, I get bored of it. I found that turning off all the led strips make the build look nicer.

Thinking of changing the case soon. Not because of airflow, but the new Define R6 seems fun to work with.

I'm hovering between the R6 and H700i for my next build. The biggest thing leaning me awya from the H700i is the "smart hob" BS that jacks the price up $50