File transfer stuck at 99%

Wegez

Hello everyone. I've been trying to recover data from my brothers hard drive (2.5") which his laptop will no longer read. We got this SATA to USB cable and I already managed to recover all his personal data such as pictures and else.
However, I also tried to move the Windows folder (and all program files and others) to my external hard drive so we can transfer those to new 2.5" drive when we get it. The problem is, that Windows folder won't move there past 99%. It states that data is transferring all the time, at 44kb/s speed but it also states that theres 0kb data left to move. It's been stuck there already for couple of hours. Yet it still always seems to transfer some files all the time. Any solutions?

Sieppaa.PNG.d570496e3d6645cc87a6c762a54a3574.PNG

Why would you try to move the windows folder?

There is nothing useful there.

You can't just move the windows folder to another drive and magically have your OS on the drive.

Windows needs to be clean installed.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Windows folder cannot be copied just like that. It has a bunch of protected files.

Why you want to backup windows folder? Nothing important there aside from font collections.

The folders that you need to backup is the users folder.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w