How often does nvidia restock their cards?

Mateokunzer

just curious because honestly if i have a sliver of a chance of paying msrp im taking it

imded

no sliver of a chance for the next 3-5 months probably.. I doubt even after they officially launch Ampere we will get cards at MSRP for a while.. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

nvidia doesn't do anything, they just make chips and sell them by the thousands to companies making video cards.

Those companies make cards by the thousands and sell them to distributors by the thousands, and ship them usually to distributors by shipping containers because it's cheaper than shipping by air (and it takes up to 2-3 weeks for the cards to reach the country by ships)

So often cards come in big batches of a thousands of pieces (multiple shipping containers) to a distributor which then sends them to various IT stores which then sell them by piece.

FE cards or AfterMarket?

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

Just now, mariushm said:

nvidia doesn't do anything, they just make chips and sell them by the thousands to companies making video cards.

Those companies make cards by the thousands and sell them to distributors by the thousands, and ship them usually to distributors by shipping containers because it's cheaper than shipping by air (and it takes up to 2-3 weeks for the cards to reach the country by ships)

So often cards come in big batches of a thousands of pieces (multiple shipping containers) to a distributor which then sends them to various IT stores which then sell them by piece.

ummmm..... https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

imded

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

no sliver of a chance for the next 3-5 months probably.. I doubt even after they officially launch Ampere we will get cards at MSRP for a while.. 

well damn, thanks for the help

imded

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

FE cards or AfterMarket?

honestly anything not at CRAZY high prices is amazing (im looking for a 1080 ti)

imded

7 minutes ago, Mateokunzer said:

honestly anything not at CRAZY high prices is amazing (im looking for a 1080 ti)

try looking at the official nvidia store. I looked at the US/canada store and they have Titan Xp (FE) at 1200$ (in stock) that's cheaper than the 1080ti's in stores

CPU: 2x Xeon E5 2670 Motherboard: ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16,  RAM: 64GB of 1333 MHz mermory from Samsung (ECC),  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070,  Case: NZXT Switch 810, Storage: Samsug EVO 250GB and 500GB, 3x3 TB and 1x1TB  HDD  PSU: Corsair RM 850,  Mouse: Logitech MX Master 2s,  Headset: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO black edition (80 ohm), OS: UnRaid with two VMs and Plex 

I tend to get an email about once a week that they have limited stock in. Generally about 10 to 15 card... so just make sure to act fast when you get the email

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 9:58 PM, AngryBeaver said:

I tend to get an email about once a week that they have limited stock in. Generally about 10 to 15 card... so just make sure to act fast when you get the email

May I ask if they have a certain day around which they usually restock, or if they just do it randomly? Like if they restock around Mondays, I'd keep a very close eye on my e-mail on Sat - Tues..