Shitty old pc in nz

Sn1p3z

You might wanna try searching for bundles too. Like Q6600+ mobo, than you are 100% sure it will work just fine.

I want to buy used parts to make a pc that will run games like fortnite at 60fps. My budget is cheap as possible.

good luck finding cheap parts then

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

26 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

I want to buy used parts to make a pc that will run games like fortnite at 60fps. My budget is cheap as possible.

What is your actual budget? I would probably suggest just getting a Ryzen APU machine as finding GPUs is a massive pain

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

you want used parts?  we dont know anything about your local market so itll be difficult for us to build something.

if you give us an actual budget, we can work a build that fits that, then you can look for similar/identical parts for cheaper in your local used market

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

22 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

you want used parts?  we dont know anything about your local market so itll be difficult for us to build something.

if you give us an actual budget, we can work a build that fits that, then you can look for similar/identical parts for cheaper in your local used market

$147.87USD is $200NZD

28 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

What is your actual budget? I would probably suggest just getting a Ryzen APU machine as finding GPUs is a massive pain

Too expensive just for a gpu. I could probably make an entire pc for that (Depending on which one)

4 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

$147.87USD is $200

you're better off looking online for a used Dell Optiplex and using that.  you wont be able to build a PC for that price.

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

Too expensive just for a gpu. I could probably make an entire pc for that (Depending on which one)

If your budget is $200 USD that's not going to get you much of anything, you may honestly be better off buying a PS4 off craigslist and just biting the monthly online fee to play fortnight, although then you have to live with a console.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Tsuki said:

you're better off looking online for a used Dell Optiplex and using that.  you wont be able to build a PC for that price.

You were saying?

1 minute ago, Sn1p3z said:

None of those are going to be realistic

This is what you should be shooting for so you aren't stuck with a non upgradable super low end PC, maybe you can find a cheaper used PSU and Hard Drive

Use the box it ships in as the case, or just set it up as an open air system.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFM7YT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFM7YT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($93.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.49 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $358.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-15 02:40 EST-0500

Spoiler

cyQJJ1k.png

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Streetguru said:

None of those are going to be realistic

This is what you should be shooting for so you aren't stuck with a non upgradable super low end PC, maybe you can find a cheaper used PSU and Hard Drive

Use the box it ships in as the case, or just set it up as an open air system.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFM7YT
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jFM7YT/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($93.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.49 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $358.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-02-15 02:40 EST-0500

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!?!?! I AM POOR AND NEED SOMETHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I WILL BE DOING

Just now, Tsuki said:

cyQJJ1k.png

Thank's for trying but I have already seen that and I need a bit better than that

3 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!?!?! I AM POOR AND NEED SOMETHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE THAT'S ALL I WILL BE DOING

no, you are the one who doesnt understand.  the only way you are going to get something at that pricepoint, is by going to the scrap yard and spending weeks on craigslist/facebook market and hope you get lucky, which is something we cant help you with.

what you are trying to do is not realistic and its not going to happen.

get a job or save your allowance, that is your option.

|Specs in profile|

7 minutes ago, Sn1p3z said:

It's seriously not going to happen on that budget unless you get really lucky

You can apparently use a keyboard and mouse on the PS4 version of Fortenight?

Spoiler

Cheap and 1080 60fps don't go hand in hand these days sadly. 1080p at 60fps is honestly just asking too much on your budget. If you can settle with 1080 at 30fps or 720 at 60fps you'd be MUCH better off.

That said, I did look on ebay a bit and found:

FX6300 (or "quad core" counterpart)

GTX 960 4GB

8GB of DDR3 1600MHz.

Those parts alone are about $180 so you'd still need a case+fans, PSU, CPU cooler and storage on top of that. Still though, looking around $230-250 which isn't terrible for a GTX 960 build.

Alternatively, you can find a used HP/Dell/etc that has that rest of the parts as someone mentioned before, then get the GTX 960 and throw in there. Which might just get you under $200.

27 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's seriously not going to happen on that budget unless you get really lucky

You can apparently use a keyboard and mouse on the PS4 version of Fortenight?

Do I really have to mention that a PS4 is about $400+ in nz

Just now, Sn1p3z said:

Do I really have to mention that a PS4 is about $400+ in nz

NZ? That like cuts your original budget in Half Man. You legit will not be able to do anything with a budget like that, just save your money. If you find any deal it's probably too good to be true. Or you have to look far and wide at thrift stores and any Free Geek type stores and junkyards you can find. But getting a GPU is going to be the hardest part. Maybe even look for older APU systems

But seriously just save your money

Spoiler