How much would it actully cost leaving desktop on all weekend

WolfLoverPro
1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

AC Makes sense, given that - if we're talking central air - the power draw can be considerable

Window unit, and a medium size one.

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

However, most PC's don't require anything even remotely close to their own circuit.

It's my main PC, NAS, PS4 Pro, 3 monitors, plus room for expansion.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Anyway, napkin math is fine, but getting a device like a Kill-a-watt meter, which is ridiculously cheap, would simply make all of that easier and more precise.

But to each their own :P

Napkin math is what let me run my old system on our old fuse box for as long as it could.

4 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Depends on how sweet they are and if they are available in the togo offering :)

If your panel can handle it why not :P However the spaghetti of wires might annoy your local electrician when it comes to selling...

Also maybe it's time to hit this button to reset?

1433787329574329.gif

*Waits for news on house being burnt to the ground due to "napkin math"*

My napkin math leaves a good bit of headroom.

My wiring job also looks better than what the electrician did to draft the existing wires to the new breaker box. But that's the benefit of running all new runs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh I'm sure they exist. But living in Canada, I've never seen one (we do have 220v circuits, but not for normal outlets).

Makes sense.

This is interesting!

main-qimg-4a57b2d9cdba445ac7b4ccdbbd6185

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

3 hours ago, Foxxer said:

Makes sense.

This is interesting!

main-qimg-4a57b2d9cdba445ac7b4ccdbbd6185

Yep it's pretty common knowledge for anyone who has experience in electrical work how The Americas are the few exception to using 220v as their main voltage.

We use 220V in houses for high amperage appliances only (Furnace, dryer, stove, etc). Though with 120V, there are three standards: 15A (normal outlets), 20A, and 30A - the latter two are generally only used commercially or industrially.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 1/17/2018 at 10:46 AM, divito said:

See, that's what I've been wondering. I've considered getting one in the past, but outside of seeing what my PC draws with a few tasks, I really can't imagine what else I'd need it for. 

I bought it to see how much power my system drew (here's a link to the status update where I talk about it) and also because it's useful to test if I could overload an outlet.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

On 1/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, Foxxer said:

Any kill-a-watt 220v version ?

I have this one, but there are many others. Just search "kill a watt" in a 220V country's Amazon (UK, Germany, Spain...) and you'll find a number of them ;)