Feature Request: Allow Brave Browser users to financially contribute to the forum through Brave Payments

AlTech

Hi,

I'd like to give some background context: I used to use Firefox as my daily driver and I've switched to Brave Browser after the fiasco with Mozilla doing shady stuff which was unacceptable.

During this time and even before back when I was using Edge and even Chrome before that, I use AdBlocking. Most advertisements suck. Most websites have nasty trackers.

I recently moved over to Brave Browser and I want to be able to contribute to the LTT Forums using Brave Payments rather than the Bronze, Silver or Gold Contributor Tiers.

This doesn't require much effort on the part of the Admin team as they just need to setup a Creator account, verify their account and then let people contribute money.

And in addition, if possible, If this is done I'd also like to request that users who contribute using Brave Payments be given some sort of Badge. I'm not asking for a Bronze, Silver or Gold Badge but I'd like something maybe like an "Iron Contributor" badge.  I'm not sure how you'd want Brave Browser users to verify that they are using Brave unless Google Analytics tells you that there are Brave users.

Yes, I completely realize this would be highly niche and likely only a small number of people would do it but I think the minimal amount of effort required to set it up is well worth it.

Personally, when the devs add support for Debit and Credit Cards to Brave Payments (it's coming soon) I will set up Brave Payments to contribute to sites I use a lot which rely a lot on ADs.

Thanks for considering this suggestion :).

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just wondering what the difference between donating on Brave Payments to the current system? $5 is $5 tbh, however I believe its important to accomadate any donators fully - after all it is minimal effort.

Need Colton to get out his wizard hat and set this up.

49 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Just wondering what the difference between donating on Brave Payments to the current system? $5 is $5 tbh, however I believe its important to accomadate any donators fully - after all it is minimal effort.

Brave Payments allows users to pay as much or as little as they want to websites. Users can choose to give sites money depending on how much they use/access a site or depending on other factors.

It's meant to allow Brave Browser users who want to contribute financially to publishers or site owners a way to do so.

The current system the forum uses relies on using Paypal for better or worse. Whilst individual donations from Brave Payments may not be as large individually, they are setup to occur on a monthly basis and are just more meant for users who want to support creators since the Brave Browser blocks all trackers and ADs by default.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

How much are commission fees there?

I hope new payment system for FP will also be used for forum. In that sense this would be super-niche thing to add. And something like badge would be added load as it sounds like that it wouldn't be automated.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

36 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

From what I've seen (but don't quote me on this) 5% goes to Brave and 95% goes to the creator.

I'll pass it on to lmg once ces is over. 

We won't be giving a contributor tier for using a particular browser though. If you want a contributor badge, you will need to donate in the conventional way. 

38 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I hope new payment system for FP will also be used for forum. In that sense this would be super-niche thing to add. And something like badge would be added load as it sounds like that it wouldn't be automated.

The fp payment system will not be used for the forum. Bronze/silver/gold subscriptions will continue to use the existing system. 

HTTP/2 203