liquid cooling question (CAUTION: NEWBIE AHEAD)

ksalak
Go to solution Solved by AperumDesign,
4 minutes ago, ksalak said:

I am using their sites, i just need to know if there is a fitting or something that I can use to be able to use the separate brands. There probably is but I need them pointed out to me lmao.

As long as the fittings and blocks use G1/4 thread, which 99% of fittings do and all waterblocks do, you can use whatever fitting and waterblock you want. All primochill fittings will screw into all of EK's blocks. 1/2" tubing is referring to a totally different parameter than the 1/4" threading on EK's blocks.  You need fittings that have G1/4" threading (ie all fittings Primochill sell), and a barb/barb compression/hardline compression fitting (depending on whether you're using soft or hard tubing) that will connect to your 1/2" tubing. Feel free to take a look at my fittings guide in my signature below. I think that answers your question, but I may have misinterpreted it.

I am starting to look at custom watrercooling for the future, and have run across an issue? ig?

I am getting 98% of my things from primochill and the Waterblocks are from EK. the tubing on PC (Primochill) is 1/2" and the connections on the EK blocks are 1/4". WHAT DO I NEED to make this work? I am confused and lost on where to find these parts. Any help would be amazing. 

Thanks all!

What you need depends on your setup, 1. make sure you get all copper parts or all aluminum, don't get a mix, bad juju, leaks, explosions, pc death. Then cpu block, gpu block, pump & res, rad, 2 fittings for each listed part, if adding a drain {t/y splitter, 2 fittings, 1 male-male adapter, and 1 ball valve} then fluid...... pretty sure that covers the basics

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Use primochills website, EK's website or performancepcs.com

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Use primochills website, EK's website or performancepcs.com

I am using their sites, i just need to know if there is a fitting or something that I can use to be able to use the separate brands. There probably is but I need them pointed out to me lmao.

4 minutes ago, ksalak said:

As long as the fittings and blocks use G1/4 thread, which 99% of fittings do and all waterblocks do, you can use whatever fitting and waterblock you want. All primochill fittings will screw into all of EK's blocks. 1/2" tubing is referring to a totally different parameter than the 1/4" threading on EK's blocks.  You need fittings that have G1/4" threading (ie all fittings Primochill sell), and a barb/barb compression/hardline compression fitting (depending on whether you're using soft or hard tubing) that will connect to your 1/2" tubing. Feel free to take a look at my fittings guide in my signature below. I think that answers your question, but I may have misinterpreted it.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

1 minute ago, AperumDesign said:

Thank you so much for the awesome response, this is exactly what I needed. I don't know why I thought the two were the same (thread size and tubing).