Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Been trying, but the FAH servers have been so screwy last few weeks, cannot get any WU's.

Oh that's why :(

Hope everyhting gets better soon. we need the big guns back

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Wish the big guns would come come back out and fold. At least get into the 30s

i would love to be pulling in 3 million a week but that's impossible with my current internet connection, i just can't download bigadv projects with 0,15 Mb down, hopefully i will have it sorted out within 2 weeks.

3 million a week????!!?? Bloody hell, took me 6 weeks to get 1 million....... :(

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

just joined the team ;)

I just joined!! 

Welcome to the Fold :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Been trying, but the FAH servers have been so screwy last few weeks, cannot get any WU's.

I've got the "Client:local updating inactive" message two or tree times now, same thing or different?

i would love to be pulling in 3 million a week but that's impossible with my current internet connection, i just can't download bigadv projects with 0,15 Mb down, hopefully i will have it sorted out within 2 weeks.

Come to Lillestrøm, and get fiber xD

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

I've got the "Client:local updating inactive" message two or tree times now, same thing or different?

I get client refused errors or an ip for a work server that doesn't even exist...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I also just joined the team!!!! A Folding i will go!!!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

good, welcome to the team :), you should be soaring through the ranks with that r9 290, atleast initially ;)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

good, welcome to the team :), you should be soaring through the ranks with that r9 290, atleast initially ;)

Unfortunately my card is @ MSI RMA department. Should be back anyday though. For now my cpu will have to carry the load.

Unfortunately my card is @ MSI RMA department. Should be back anyday though. For now my cpu will have to carry the load.

well that's a shame, good luck with sorting out that rma.

well that's a shame, good luck with sorting out that rma.

This is my second try. First replacement was a dud!! Grrrrrr. They better get it right this time lol

Started folding and joined the team 5 days ago, feels good to do something useful with my comp when im not using it :)

Started folding and joined the team 5 days ago, feels good to do something useful with my comp when im not using it :)

Welcome

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Welcome to the fold team.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Guys. I'm just curious.

I'm using my main rig (specs on my sig).

And since I'm using stock intel heatsink. My cpu temps go up to 80 degress celcius on full load. and GPU go up to About 60-62 degress celcius.

is it safe to do this for a long period of time?

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Guys. I'm just curious.

I'm using my main rig (specs on my sig).

And since I'm using stock intel heatsink. My cpu temps go up to 80 degress celcius on full load. and GPU go up to About 60-62 degress celcius.

is it safe to do this for a long period of time?

well the gpu should be fine, generally 80 *c is the max temperature i would go when overclocking a cpu but it varies from cpu to cpu, it certainly doesn't hurt to be lower, i wouldn't be too worried about it, but something like a 212 evo should be a really good investment for you, less noisy aswell as giving you some more relaxing temperatures for a very fair price, a decent heatsink is something that should follow along from system to system as long as you are able to strap it on, so the money is well spendt.

well the gpu should be fine, generally 80 *c is the max temperature i would go when overclocking a cpu but it varies from cpu to cpu, it certainly doesn't hurt to be lower, i wouldn't be too worried about it, but something like a 212 evo should be a really good investment for you, less noisy aswell as giving you some more relaxing temperatures for a very fair price, a decent heatsink is something that should follow along from system to system as long as you are able to strap it on, so the money is well spendt.

Exactly - just don't lose mounting hardware. I have had an old Noctua cooler that has survived about 5 systems. :)

Ah OK then, I'll be getting hyper 212x pretty soon then. Thanks for the help.

Thank you to whaler too.

are the update servers down today ??

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

are the update servers down today ??

Maybe, or other issues, as this site http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html for the server status isn't coming up. :)