LG Monitor vs (any) TV for PS Pro - 4K Edition

I Am Godmode

Hi everyone,

So last Summer I kinda pulled a genius thing and bought a PS4 Pro - While not having any decent TV or monitor to play on. After I decided that my aging Acer 24" monitor wasn't doing Horizon Zero Dawn enough justice, I am now in the market for some kind of display (monitor or TV) that'll be good mostly for console gaming and content consumption. Here's what my plan was back in August:

Initially, I was looking for a TV that fulfilled the following requirements:

• 55" or bigger screen size (size matters, eh?)
  • HDR Support
  • Preferrably non-4K (keeps price down)
  • Costs less than 1,000€

To my disappointment, there was a juxaposition: No TV sold locally that was bigger than 40" was 1080p still and the 4K ones had outlandish prices. So I waited and waited until this thing came along: The LG 43UD79-B.

It had pretty much everything I was looking for (minus the size) but for ~$700 it looked like a steal. It's currently in my shortlist of Christmas presents for myself. But I need more than 1 opinion on this (coming from a pure PC gaming background). The main reason I am so enticed by the LG is that it's a huuuuge display without any of the typical TV features (SmartTV, webOS, etc) that drive up the price but are totally worthless to me. I don't have a TV subscription and don't watch any cable shows. All my content comes delivered to me through the web and for Prime Video, Netflix, etc I have my PS. That's why I'm hesitant to buy into a TV.

I'm still open to what I had above but the LG already covers 3/4 points at a low price. So I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this. I am open to buy either, but a TV would have to have a killer argument to spend more than $700 on it - Even though the LG's smaller size somewhat bothers me. Let me know if you bought a TV (and which!) for gaming and what you think of it and if you would change anything about it. Thanks :)

Yeah, but that costs 4,000€ while not on promotion. Not ready to spend 2k on a new TV :P