Viewsonic XG2401 little horizontal lines on 144hz

ViBEE

Hello everyone! 2 days I bought 144hz monitor and I noticed this little gray lines on the top right which don't appear on 120hz only at 144hz.

They are barely visible(I cant even screenshot them cus they are too small) and I dont know if its worth returning the monitor for that.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, ViBEE said:

Hello everyone! 2 days I bought 144hz monitor and I noticed this little gray lines on the top right which don't appear on 120hz only at 144hz. Thanks!

got a screenshot?

Just now, Howitz said:

got a screenshot?

Camera cant see them.

1 minute ago, ViBEE said:

Camera cant see them.

uhm could they be screen tearing lines caused by your monitor refresh rate not matching your game's fps?

i have the same issue if i don't cap my games at 74fps on my 75hz monitor, it's like an horizontal fracture line in the image that moves up and down.

Just now, Howitz said:

uhm could they be screen tearing lines caused by your monitor refresh rate not matching your game's fps?

Its the same in windows + they are only at the top right.

It's an issue with some panels. Here's an (older) topic about it. As you mentioned already they usually only show at 144 Hz, so all you can do is live with it or go down to 120 Hz.

You can try RMA-ing it, but if you get a new one it'll be the same lottery.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

14 minutes ago, tikker said:

It's an issue with some panels. Here's an (older) topic about it. As you mentioned already they usually only show at 144 Hz, so all you can do is live with it or go down to 120 Hz.

You can try RMA-ing it, but if you get a new one it'll be the same lottery.

Lightboost helps or makes it worse ? Also do you have any of this lines on your Asus ?

On 17-11-2017 at 9:42 PM, ViBEE said:

Lightboost helps or makes it worse ? Also do you have any of this lines on your Asus ?

From what I understand it's the cause / makes it worse. I have them as well on my monitor near the bottom. They're barely noticable if you don't know they are there though, so I'm not bothered by them.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB