Looking for a Chromebook

24 minutes ago, *insert_name_here* said:

Best Chromebook for under £300 that has android app support?

Go for a tablet or windows laptop, a chromebook with app support ain't any good.

Second hand latop or Mac, chromebooks are bad....

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Here is the deal. Android App support on Chrome OS is beta. So not all apps work. So what exactly are you trying to accomplish with it? While I dont share the views above that Chromebooks are bad, you do need to understand their limitations. 

But I can tell you that a Windows machine at that price point is going to be utter shit. Unless you do like @fixitnow said and get something second hand. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

10 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Here is the deal. Android App support on Chrome OS is beta. So not all apps work. So what exactly are you trying to accomplish with it? While I dont share the views above that Chromebooks are bad, you do need to understand their limitations. 

But I can tell you that a Windows machine at that price point is going to be utter shit. Unless you do like @fixitnow said and get something second hand. 

The reason I think chromebooks are bad is the need for an Internet connection the whole time...they have to potential to be brilliant but they just aint there yet. For the same price you could get an A1342 which can run osx, windows and Linux and the parts are available if it breaks, the only dow side is that it won't be as good on battery life and is definitely bulkier. You option for new laptops at that price point are limited..we are talking hp stream 11 which is actually dredful as it had difficulty with even running Windows. I have seen people managing to hack windows onto it but it would be soo instable. 

If you are looking for a machine that runs Linux and has tones of potential then a raspberry pi is the best way to go 

39 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

The reason I think chromebooks are bad is the need for an Internet connection the whole time...they have to potential to be brilliant but they just aint there yet. For the same price you could get an A1342 which can run osx, windows and Linux and the parts are available if it breaks, the only dow side is that it won't be as good on battery life and is definitely bulkier. You option for new laptops at that price point are limited..we are talking hp stream 11 which is actually dredful as it had difficulty with even running Windows. I have seen people managing to hack windows onto it but it would be soo instable. 

If you are looking for a machine that runs Linux and has tones of potential then a raspberry pi is the best way to go 

Actually there are some offline uses for Chromebooks, they do have an off line version of their office suit and the last time I used ChromeOS it also had a built in Video Player. Plus at the price point, the op doesn't really have much of a choice. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Actually there are some offline uses for Chromebooks, they do have an off line version of their office suit and the last time I used ChromeOS it also had a built in Video Player. Plus at the price point, the op doesn't really have much of a choice. 

I must admit it was awhile ago when I last used one...but I still belive getting a second hand mac or windows laptop will be far better, something like this