RGB RAM discussion.

Planning on getting around a 3200Mhz Speed Ram. And as mentioned in the title obviously I want RGB. It seems to me like Corsair's version is going to be the best, but G. SKillz iteration looks pretty good as well. What would you guys recommend and why? 

Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM is indeed RGB, but they don't have multiple addressable RGB LEDs like the G.Skill TridentZ RGB sticks do. If you were Linus, you'd pick G.Skill over Corsair 100% of the time, but if you'd like simple, toned down RGB sticks, then you can't go wrong with Corsair sticks.

These are the G.Skill TridentZ RGB sticks and their RGB capabilities I speak of.

tridentzrgb_x99_04.jpg

Corsair Vengeance RGB sticks are also RGB, but they can only show one solid color at a time.

vengeance_rgb_07.png

As for performance, I think G.Skill might be a bit better than Corsair, but I never had issues with Corsair memory in the past. You can't go wrong with either; it is strictly preference. 

4 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

Planning on getting around a 3200Mhz Speed Ram. And as mentioned in the title obviously I want RGB. It seems to me like Corsair's version is going to be the best, but G. SKillz iteration looks pretty good as well. What would you guys recommend and why? 

In my opinion the G.Skill Trident-Z is the sexiest RAM but it is tall so in case you are using an air cooler they probably aren't your best bet.

Linus made a video on them when they came out. Here.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

g.skill is my go to ram manufacturer and look they has the dankest RBG ram you can buy 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

I'm quite happy with my set of TridentZ, the colors are quite vibrant too though.

Haven't tried any color controlling programs though, I heard it was possible through Asus Aura and their own program (which last time I checked was in BETA), but I also read some reports that some RAM sets would fail because of this (which made me kinda wary of even trying the program).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Alright lads, thanks for all the input. I am t minus one question away from pulling the trigger on buying these things. How do you change the RGB lighting on the sticks? I assume through a software, if so, how does that software function?

4 hours ago, Doomerson said:

Alright lads, thanks for all the input. I am t minus one question away from pulling the trigger on buying these things. How do you change the RGB lighting on the sticks? I assume through a software, if so, how does that software function?

Corsair uses Corsair LINK and G.Skill uses Trident Z RGB Control, the latter of which is still in beta and according to G.Skill themselves conflicts with other RGB controller software. I am not sure if LINK also inherits this issue.

10 hours ago, nelsonpong said:

-snip-

Beta or not, I feel as though it is still worth using. I can't imagine being unable to do simple things such as setting the sticks to stay at one color.

I actually have a kit of both.  The Vengeance RGB is definetly Brighter with the con being the Sticks can only do one Color at at time, Trident Z are Dimmer and Can do multiple colors at once per dim.

G-skill TridentZ does work with Asus Aura software. I am running them on my C6H and have them linked to the controller software. Haven't had an issue yet going through all the different settings. I think they look amazing, but as stated already, it will come down to which you like the looks of better. You really can't go wrong either way, so just buy them!!! lol

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+