Windows 10 On 2 PC's

TheDarkGam3r

I have a question that relates to windows 10 and having 2 PC's.

I currently have my personal custom gaming PC and I bought Windows 10 Home on a USB. I installed it and used the product key.

I am now building a 2nd Custom gaming PC and I want to know, do I have to buy a second copy of Windows 10 on a USB and use the product key or can I just install the one I already bought, and if so would the product key work with it as well?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, TheDarkGam3r said:

I have a question that relates to windows 10 and having 2 PC's.

I currently have my personal custom gaming PC and I bought Windows 10 Home on a USB. I installed it and used the product key.

I am now building a 2nd Custom gaming PC and I want to know, do I have to buy a second copy of Windows 10 on a USB and use the product key or can I just install the one I already bought, and if so would the product key work with it as well?

Thanks

To my knowledge, legally, you're supposed to use a second key, as it's a different system.

Now, if windows 10 cooperates and wants to let it go.... then maybe it may work. Windows usually binds the first key you use to your account. I know when i log in to my microsoft account it tries to automatically verify right away. I assume if it fails, it will ask you for another key and harass you every so often until you enter a valid one

you will most likely need two separate Keys. Windows 10 allows you to use it without having it activated, It just has a huge "ACTIVATE WINDOWS" in the bottom right corner of your screen that wont go away, and you cannot personalize your desktop whatsoever, but being able to use it unactivated with reduced features is kind of a cool thing.

you need 2 keys.

1st of all because that's the terms of service and it's illegal to use 1 key for 2 machines. 

2nd is because Windows will automatically deactivate your key if another pc using the same one gets online. 

She/Her

You can use same USB installer. And you can use Win10 for free with full features for 30 days and with limited features after that. But you need another key to unlock full features after 30 days. Or you can volunteer into Microsofts spyprogram and get it for free. With some instability maybe included.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv