I need to make it quick

Evolution.

I'm 36 and just now (finally) starting my career path, no need to hurry. You may find yourself in 5 years seeking something else but the again maybe not.

My best advice is go with your heart and your gut. It has to be for you and your goals. Otherwise you wont be happy with what you do.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I'm 36 and just now (finally) starting my career path, no need to hurry. You may find yourself in 5 years seeking something else but the again maybe not.

My best advice is go with your heart and your gut. It has to be for you and your goals. Otherwise you wont be happy with what you do.

what did you do for your career

7 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

what did you do for your career

My college major was in Computer Engineering and Design, minor in business. Then I joined the Army and became an Engineer, I operated machinery (loved it) and did carpentry for 10 years while I served. After I left carpentry I tried out Security as a holdover and found out I was awesome at it and decided to pursue a career as Police Officer after several attempts (its hard a hard and competitive role to get) I decided to continue to serve a Security Officer got involved with Executive Security and eventually and very recently accepted a role as a Director in Overseeing Officer Training (this includes both Private Security and Police) I love it.

The thing I found out about Private Security is that it is not all "Mall Cop" and "Gun Ho Morons" its actually a very honorable and rewarding job. You get back what you put into it. :) 

(Activate Security Jokes)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 minutes ago, VenomZ_ said:

I need to make a Decision fast. The times of me thinking about my career are long over  I know what im interested in but not sure how to pursue it.  I'm interested in business but I also want an respectable but easy IT degree.  

“Business” is such a generic term that it has no meaning. 

So the first thing you need to do is to look at business as a subject and learn the various components of it. 

See if there is something specific you want to learn, like project management (something that at least nominally requires both Business and IT knowledge). 

You could  also specialize in IT sales or something like that. 

Theres also no such thing as an easy yet respectable IT degree. 

Any good ones will be at least somewhat difficult and engaging. 

And again, IT is so broad you need to focus your interests. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

4 hours ago, VenomZ_ said:

I'm interested in business but I also want an respectable but easy IT degree.  

honest advice?

Don't pick any easy degree because people are in general lazy and tend to go the easiest way possible, which means this degree will be overrun. I would definitely give you the advice to pick something harder because then people stay away from it. Of course, you have to put a lot more effort in during your ~5 years of study but you will benefit from this time the next 30+ years.

Here is the approach I recommend:

Just visit an employment website and look for positions and jobs you would like to apply in the future. Gather information about the requirements (degree, previous job experience,...).

Recommendations in general:

- the degree should include higher forms of math

- IT degrees such as computer science and similar harder subjects

- certain engineering degrees

- medical sector.

I, unfortunately, got that advice too late and studied economics a few years until I decided to drop out because studying this subject only means to memorize stuff and do basic calculations (+ other reasons). I made a very risky move and decided to enroll for computer science at age 31 (I worked before studying). My eggs are now all in one basket. I am bad at math currently because I didn't do it in a few years. My sole focus is to get this degree which means I don't party and so on. I go to the library and learn for the most part of the day and do sport in the evening as means of relaxing. I also work at the weekend but a little less than during the week.

This post is based on two videos I recently watched regarding the matter "worthless degrees vs STEM". He wrote a book about this topic and his himself a Ph.D. engineerings, so he is a bit biased but I still fully agree with him. Just focus on how he would pick a job. 

Video 1:

Video 2:

I hope my post was helpful :)