Forum etiquette: please clarify, moderators...

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Our policy is currently that topics should only be posted in one section. If you post in more than one, they will likely get merged. If you decide later that it was in the wrong place, you can report it to have it moved to the correct location.

I reviewed my Community Standards and "acceptable use" postings.  May I have some clarification on 2 issues, please?

Common sense tells me not to post the same question in 3, 4, 5,... subforums.  How about 2?  Example: I posted a question about pairing up Schiit DAC/amp units with XBox consoles.  Subforums - audio and consoles.

If my post is getting few responses (<3 in a week), is bumping acceptable? (...and I repost with a [this is why I'm doing it] clarification).  Bumping is acceptable in Kijijii.  Here?

I'm looking at my post count, and it's over 220 without any disciplinary action or flags issued to me. Reputation is everything to me, and I'd appreciate your coaching. Looking forward to moderator feedback.  Thanks, eh.

Cross posting isn't allowed. That would cause too much litter. Main reasons why you aren't getting much replies are A) you gave too little information, or B) there just isn't anyone with knowledge or experience to give advice.

Reposting isn't allowed, same reason as with cross posting. But you can bump when post falls out of first (2) pages. But not within 48h.

You can check these with mod team.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Cross posting isn't allowed. That would cause too much litter. Main reasons why you aren't getting much replies are A) you gave too little information, or B) there just isn't anyone with knowledge or experience to give advice.

Reposting isn't allowed, same reason as with cross posting. But you can bump when post falls out of first (2) pages. But not within 48h.

You can check these with mod team.

@Blade of Grass & @Windspeed36 ... I'd like to clarify this reply please.  Re: cross posting (example: I want to judge how well a Schiit DAC and headphone amp will interface with an XBox console.  I post my question on the 2 different subforums... reworded slightly... and I acknowledge the cross posting... as I want to gain feedback from 2 different audiences).  Re: bumping.  48h?

Every forum has its norms.  Thanks for your feedback.

Our policy is currently that topics should only be posted in one section. If you post in more than one, they will likely get merged. If you decide later that it was in the wrong place, you can report it to have it moved to the correct location.

HTTP/2 203