Is Alibaba reliable?

alibabareliable

So I already own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro but its starting to become a bit redundant and I am looking at replacing it with the Xiaomi Mi6 - preferably in blue

Is it okay to buy from Alibaba? Is there anyway to ensure that if the product does not come - I can get my money back?

This is the product - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Original-Xiaomi-Mi6-Mi-6-Mobile_60682161253.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.220192884Btbvy

The seller has 5,400,000 transactions, they aren't going to screw you over.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

The seller has 5,400,000 transactions, they aren't going to screw you over.

Are you sure? it says 116 on mine.

3VjXCxV.png

If I'm not mistaken, Alibaba is as big (if not bigger than) as Amazon. I don't think you'll have any issues.

Quote me in replies so I see them.

Oops yeah nvm.  Still safe.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Alibaba is for bulk orders, AliExpress and GearBest are much better for orders of just one. 

Min 10 units for that btw

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Alibaba is for bulk orders, AliExpress and GearBest are much better for orders of just one. 

Min 10 units for that btw

Ah, I didn't know that - thanks.

aliexpress/alibaba ect are legit

however the problem is, ur buying without VAT/TAX and if u buy stuff that has higher value u might end up needing to pay a huge amount of customs cost

in my country it is allowed to order vat/tax free for 22$ max

so whenever i place an order of 100$ i simply contact the seller to claim it below 20$ xD always works but yeah :P watchout with higher valued things that dont come from ur country

because with higher numbers u might also need to pay impor duties costs, and those arent small

(◑‿◐)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a few stuff from Aliexpress, similar to Amazon, they are made up of many different sellers, so it's best to check out the sellers' rep score. I bought a few cases from i-IAKO store and they have proven to be pretty damn good. When I'd reported to them that a Sony Xperia Z5P metal bumper case I'd gotten from them was short of 4 shock absorption pads on the four corners, they asked for pics and when I'd shown it to them, they were very forthcoming with a replacement case. Their service was so good, they replied to my messages almost immediately, I'd gotten a similar metal bumper case for my G6 from them simply because.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

30 minutes ago, CK1968 said:

Really reliable xD. An example of the ESEE knife of 99.99% is counterfeit. I really do not recommend ordering anything from that place.

Actually its probably just as reliable as Amazon's marketplace. There will always be authentic sellers and counterfeit sellers (although sometimes the seller may have not intentionally done it as it could be their supplier fucking em :P).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Actually its probably just as reliable as Amazon's marketplace. There will always be authentic sellers and counterfeit sellers (although sometimes the seller may have not intentionally done it as it could be their supplier fucking em :P).

*Cough*....Nintendo Switch intentional setback in delivery...*Cough*

9 minutes ago, CK1968 said:

Quotation from ESEE website

Just about any “ESEE” bought on alibaba.com, aliexpress.com and dhgate.com is a counterfeit.

The same thing has also come to light with Emerson, Extrema Ration and some other knife marks.
The site also sells a lot of counterfeit electronics, excluding a few Chinese-owned brands.
Of course, it is everyone's own thing to throw money into wasting and support "crime"

counterfeit-cosmetics-signs.jpg.501a729eb25388370517c1a98fa20e5a.jpg

Finally, a small request

BUY ONLY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS!

If you're expecting non-counterfeit western brands on Chinese shopping sites that are not Taobao, then you're in the wrong place. 

idk

Yes its safe but before buying take a loom on the seller rating the more rating of the seller is your buying is more safe. BUT you must and i mean absolutely MUST be very vigilant and active when in the process of transacting with a prospective supplier. You should know how to prevent issues before they arrived. i wouldn't recommend it when purchasing it comes to purchasing technical stuff including a phone...but my girlfriend buys all her hair extensions from there...and i don't think you are interested in purchasing that as well.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:10 AM, Droidbot said:

If you're expecting non-counterfeit western brands on Chinese shopping sites that are not Taobao, then you're in the wrong place. 

Taobao is owned by Alibaba, is there something that makes purchasing there less likely to be counterfeit? Do they do audits of sellers?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

2 hours ago, brwainer said:

Taobao is owned by Alibaba, is there something that makes purchasing there less likely to be counterfeit? Do they do audits of sellers?

Taobao offers Tmall, a service where instead of consumer to consumer shopping like Taobao, stores sell to consumers, and Taobao takes copies of their licences, as well as verifies their geographical location and makes sure the product is genuine. Big brands like Nokia, Samsung, Ray-Ban, etc are on Tmall, selling lots of products.

idk

22 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Taobao offers Tmall, a service where instead of consumer to consumer shopping like Taobao, stores sell to consumers, and Taobao takes copies of their licences, as well as verifies their geographical location and makes sure the product is genuine. Big brands like Nokia, Samsung, Ray-Ban, etc are on Tmall, selling lots of products.

Ah thank you, I will have to look into that.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: