alibabareliable

Is Alibaba reliable?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I already own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro but its starting to become a bit redundant and I am looking at replacing it with the Xiaomi Mi6 - preferably in blue

Is it okay to buy from Alibaba? Is there anyway to ensure that if the product does not come - I can get my money back?

This is the product - https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Original-Xiaomi-Mi6-Mi-6-Mobile_60682161253.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.220192884Btbvy

Alibaba is for bulk orders, AliExpress and GearBest are much better for orders of just one. 

Min 10 units for that btw

If I helped, hit the thumbs up icon below my post and pick it as 'Best Answer'

Quick Links: Recommended PC Builds | PSU Tier List | Mouse Sensors List | SATA 3 SSD Tier List | Keyboard Switches | 2nd Hand GPU Guide | Why Ryzen? (hella outdated) | Ryzen Memory Guide

Mouse enthusiast. eGPU guy. Resident EliteBook fetishist.  My specs and shit down below.

Spoiler

Apollo: i5 4670K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, MSI Z87I, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3, Corsair 250D, 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, SeaSonic 520W PSU. Planned upgrades: 16GB RAM, 480/512GB SSD, new HDD

Sputnik: HP EliteBook 2570p, i5-3360M, 16GB DDR3, 256GB 840 EVO - Running Win10/Sierra dual-boot.  Future upgrades: i7-quad

Comet (home server): Atom D2500, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, 2 x 320GB HDDs, 350W PSU, HAF-Stacker ITX, dual GbE. Cost me $80. back from the dead (mobo failure) bois

Spoiler

Main peripherals

- Corsair Strafe RGB MX Reds

- SteelSeries Siberia 650

- SteelSeries QcK+ CS:GO Camo 

- SteelSeries QcK+ Na'Vi Splash (Secondary pad, used for second rig)

- SteelSeries Rival 700

- SteelSeries Rival 300 (Secondary mouse, used for second rig)

NO ONE SLEEPS IN TOKYO, ALL RIGHT CROSSING THE LINE, NO ONE QUIT THE RADIO, TOKYO IS ON FIRE! 

aliexpress/alibaba ect are legit

however the problem is, ur buying without VAT/TAX and if u buy stuff that has higher value u might end up needing to pay a huge amount of customs cost

in my country it is allowed to order vat/tax free for 22$ max

so whenever i place an order of 100$ i simply contact the seller to claim it below 20$ xD always works but yeah :P watchout with higher valued things that dont come from ur country

because with higher numbers u might also need to pay impor duties costs, and those arent small

(◑‿◐)

Bought a few stuff from Aliexpress, similar to Amazon, they are made up of many different sellers, so it's best to check out the sellers' rep score. I bought a few cases from i-IAKO store and they have proven to be pretty damn good. When I'd reported to them that a Sony Xperia Z5P metal bumper case I'd gotten from them was short of 4 shock absorption pads on the four corners, they asked for pics and when I'd shown it to them, they were very forthcoming with a replacement case. Their service was so good, they replied to my messages almost immediately, I'd gotten a similar metal bumper case for my G6 from them simply because.....

Rig 1: Intel i7 3960X | Asus R4E | 16GB Corsair Dom Plat 2133mhz | 2x Sapphire R9 290X (H2O) | Oppo HA-1 + KRK Rokit5 G3 | Caselabs M8 | Seasonic X-1250 | Leopold FC660C + Logitech G502 | Acer XR341CK | 64bit Win10 Pro

Rig 2: Intel i7 4770K | ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | 16GB RipJawsZ 1600mhz | 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB | Fostex HP-A4 -> Oppo HA-1 + Rokit5 G3 | Tt Level 10GT | Enermax MAX Revo 1200 | KBT Race II MX Blue + Armaggeddon SRO-05 Havoc III | Acer XR341CK | 64bit Win10 Pro

Rig 3:  AMD AM3+ FX8350 | Asus CVF | 16GB G RipJawsX 2133mhz | 2x GB HD7950 WF3 CFX | Gustard X12 + H10 + Virtue One + Bose 201 Series III | | Corsair 650D | Corsair HX1050 | Vortex Pure Pro MX Blue + Razer Deathadder  | AOC Q2963PM | 64bit Win10 Pro

30 minutes ago, CK1968 said:

Really reliable xD. An example of the ESEE knife of 99.99% is counterfeit. I really do not recommend ordering anything from that place.

Actually its probably just as reliable as Amazon's marketplace. There will always be authentic sellers and counterfeit sellers (although sometimes the seller may have not intentionally done it as it could be their supplier fucking em :P).

Build logs: Arctic Blue, Global Offensive Annilator (cringy name, I know),  (not quite a build log) Arcitc Blue VS Northern Bee

Reviews: Magicforce 68 key mech keyboard

Useful links: STRMfrmXMN's PSU whitelist, Magetank's Memory overclocking Guide, 'Murica vs Britannia Pricing (by me!)

As a wise man once said, if you think I'm wrong and have facts to back it up with (not opinions) then I'll happily accept that you're correct. Remember, the facts has to be valid and comes from a "noteworthy" source.

As another wise man once said, if you don't have anything to say then please don't say anything unless you like a big fat sausage in your buns...

As a third wise man once said, tickle other's like how you want to be...oh wait, treat I mean, not tickle...whoops :P 

Originally posted by @MageTank but reworded by me, back when I was considerably less mature but don't feel like editing it now. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Actually its probably just as reliable as Amazon's marketplace. There will always be authentic sellers and counterfeit sellers (although sometimes the seller may have not intentionally done it as it could be their supplier fucking em :P).

*Cough*....Nintendo Switch intentional setback in delivery...*Cough*

I NEEDED WINDOWS 10 64-BIT SO BADLYxD

The awesome build

Ram: DDR400 2.5 GB   GPU: It's big, that's all I know   Case: A red box   Motherboard: My mother hates me   HDD: I don't have one, I threw it against the wall and it broke, so it is a softdrive   CPU: Intel Pentium 3, Quake get's rekt   OS: Microshaft Winblows XP

Here comes a beast of a laptop, the TravelMate 5742, it's so bad (get the reference )

Ram : 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM  (1066Mhz)     CPU :  Intel Core i5 480M / 2.66 GHz (It turbo's up to 2.93 GHz)     GPU :  Intel HD Graphics     HDD : 500GB (5400 rpm) OS : Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Build 1607)

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Quotation from ESEE website

Just about any “ESEE” bought on alibaba.com, aliexpress.com and dhgate.com is a counterfeit.

The same thing has also come to light with Emerson, Extrema Ration and some other knife marks.
The site also sells a lot of counterfeit electronics, excluding a few Chinese-owned brands.
Of course, it is everyone's own thing to throw money into wasting and support "crime"

counterfeit-cosmetics-signs.jpg.501a729eb25388370517c1a98fa20e5a.jpg

Finally, a small request

BUY ONLY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS!

9 minutes ago, CK1968 said:

Quotation from ESEE website

Just about any “ESEE” bought on alibaba.com, aliexpress.com and dhgate.com is a counterfeit.

The same thing has also come to light with Emerson, Extrema Ration and some other knife marks.
The site also sells a lot of counterfeit electronics, excluding a few Chinese-owned brands.
Of course, it is everyone's own thing to throw money into wasting and support "crime"

counterfeit-cosmetics-signs.jpg.501a729eb25388370517c1a98fa20e5a.jpg

Finally, a small request

BUY ONLY FROM AUTHORIZED DEALERS!

If you're expecting non-counterfeit western brands on Chinese shopping sites that are not Taobao, then you're in the wrong place. 

Quick Links: Recommended PC Builds | PSU Tier List | Mouse Sensors List | SATA 3 SSD Tier List | Keyboard Switches | 2nd Hand GPU Guide | Why Ryzen? (hella outdated) | Ryzen Memory Guide

Mouse enthusiast. eGPU guy. Resident EliteBook fetishist.  My specs and shit down below.

Spoiler

Apollo: i5 4670K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, MSI Z87I, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3, Corsair 250D, 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, SeaSonic 520W PSU. Planned upgrades: 16GB RAM, 480/512GB SSD, new HDD

Sputnik: HP EliteBook 2570p, i5-3360M, 16GB DDR3, 256GB 840 EVO - Running Win10/Sierra dual-boot.  Future upgrades: i7-quad

Comet (home server): Atom D2500, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, 2 x 320GB HDDs, 350W PSU, HAF-Stacker ITX, dual GbE. Cost me $80. back from the dead (mobo failure) bois

Spoiler

Main peripherals

- SteelSeries Rival 700

NO ONE SLEEPS IN TOKYO, ALL RIGHT CROSSING THE LINE, NO ONE QUIT THE RADIO, TOKYO IS ON FIRE! 

Yes its safe but before buying take a loom on the seller rating the more rating of the seller is your buying is more safe. BUT you must and i mean absolutely MUST be very vigilant and active when in the process of transacting with a prospective supplier. You should know how to prevent issues before they arrived. i wouldn't recommend it when purchasing it comes to purchasing technical stuff including a phone...but my girlfriend buys all her hair extensions from there...and i don't think you are interested in purchasing that as well.

On 10/8/2017 at 1:10 AM, Droidbot said:

If you're expecting non-counterfeit western brands on Chinese shopping sites that are not Taobao, then you're in the wrong place. 

Taobao is owned by Alibaba, is there something that makes purchasing there less likely to be counterfeit? Do they do audits of sellers?

2 hours ago, brwainer said:

Taobao is owned by Alibaba, is there something that makes purchasing there less likely to be counterfeit? Do they do audits of sellers?

Taobao offers Tmall, a service where instead of consumer to consumer shopping like Taobao, stores sell to consumers, and Taobao takes copies of their licences, as well as verifies their geographical location and makes sure the product is genuine. Big brands like Nokia, Samsung, Ray-Ban, etc are on Tmall, selling lots of products.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Main peripherals

- SteelSeries Rival 700

22 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Taobao offers Tmall, a service where instead of consumer to consumer shopping like Taobao, stores sell to consumers, and Taobao takes copies of their licences, as well as verifies their geographical location and makes sure the product is genuine. Big brands like Nokia, Samsung, Ray-Ban, etc are on Tmall, selling lots of products.

Ah thank you, I will have to look into that.