Are gaming chairs worth it??

ickyvicky125

So I want to invest in a chair that’s comfortable for long gaming sessions. Idc about looks, and I don’t have a budget. I just need to know what type of chairs I want to look at if I want something comfy . I have a regular office chair that I bought for like 50 bucks new and it’s not comfortable at all . (Had it for over a year now). Any chairs you guys have that are good for your back & bum?

gaming chairs arent worth it in general, a chair all depends on ur own comfort... some ppl prefer fatty chairs some prefer soft thin chairs... its all personal preference, i recommend looking for a MANAGER chair rather then a gaming chair, they are designed for extended periods of sitting ( usually way cheaper too ) i got a good chair for 100$ myself x)

(◑‿◐)

go to staples (I think, i'm not from USA) and go sit in a few there, gaming chairs are super over priced and offer OK levels of comfort. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, ickyvicky125 said:

So I want to invest in a chair that’s comfortable for long gaming sessions. Idc about looks, and I don’t have a budget. I just need to know what type of chairs I want to look at if I want something comfy . I have a regular office chair that I bought for like 50 bucks new and it’s not comfortable at all . (Had it for over a year now). Any chairs you guys have that are good for your back & bum?

A gaming chair is just a normal office chair with an orange stripe and a price tag that's 3 times higher.

Go to an office supply store as some of them sell some very comfortable and ergonomic chairs that you can sit in and get a feel for. A good chair will fit you properly and will not have the cushion material go flat on you after a short period of sitting. For longer sessions you will need a chair with good back support. Most gaming chairs I see only have a small cushion that is meant to support your back. These are good for laying back in but less for sitting properly which causes back pain. Something with an adjustable backrest that has a proper adjustable lumbar support system built in is the way to go. Other features like a quality base or adjustable arm rests are up to you but I personally prefer fully adjustable base and arm rests.

EDIT: a word

[ Insert computer specs here ]

Depending on where you live you may have a used office furniture warehouse nearby. There are DOZENS around here. You would probably want to find executive/manager chairs or conference chairs. You can find higher end cushier ones dirt cheap. But, definitely try them out first. And if you ever win the lotto you are gonna want a chair by ERA Products. THe Chairman and the Newport look super comfy. And they make special ones for like 911 call centers and such that are made to be comfortable for 12+ hours, and have a lifetime warranty on the structure of the chair.

When I looked at getting a gaming chair, I found they are basically an expensive way to get a really bad chair. I sat down in one in a shop, and instantly wanted to get out of it. It forced me to slump, and the wings crunched my shoulders in quite an unpleasant way, not to mention the headrest and lumbar support being horrid. Spend your money on a decent office chair. You'll get a much better result.

If you want a really good chair and money is no object, the form way life chair is really good we have a few of those at work, they are ultra comfy. Only downside is the price.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Personally ive have a Herman Miller Aeron and an Embody as well. Currently have a dxr tank. honestly like most people are saying just get one that comfortable. (If you can afford an Aeron i would highly recommend it)

Not a fan of the wannabe racing chairs. They're about as cool as a fidget spinner is today. Either go built for comfort office chair or get an actual car seat if you want that look without the poser stigma.

I personally tried one and hated it, it's just feels like a regular office chair and not worth the extra money. Also, those "wings" are a huge turnoff as my sides kept touching its base so I'm feeling this bump on both my sides and was uncomfortable the entire time. The lumbar cushion was terrible as well, it was too small and hard and barely did anything.

At home I'm very happy gaming in my La-Z-Boy recliner.

Good for the bad back.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

Gaming Chairs are like games nowadays. 

Like those games with big swords that the characters wield in 1 hand just to make them look "cool". But when you take time to REALLY understand the game, apart from all those big weapons and flaming swords and stuff, they have little to no content. They're just "entertaining" because of how the characters look.

In some way, gaming chairs are just like that. They look awesome for some (they look crappy to me to be honest), but when used for what was intended, you'll find that they are useless and you just threw money away.

Get some decent office chair. You'll be more than happy with it compared to these so-called "gaming chairs".

NOTE : Why are they even called gaming chairs? Dat naming scheme.

2 minutes ago, ZakuII said:

NOTE : Why are they even called gaming chairs? Dat naming scheme.

Well putting gaming in the name means they can charge more, despite it being functionally identical or worse than most non-gaming stuff.

This mostly happens at the low end. "Heres a gaming keyboard and mouse combo for $15" Looks at it a bit harder and realizes its a keyboard and mouse off ali-express thats been painted cool colors.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Gaming chairs are like Razer products. They're over-priced (even more so than Apple), underdeliver by a large margin, and they sell purely because of marketing. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580